• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

jrDev

Jesus, this went from 92 to 93 to 94? Never seen that happen before. The kid that played the last reboot must be PISSED at how they were ripped apart...

Is it now the highest rated super hero movie of year?

Jesus, this went from 92 to 93 to 94? Never seen that happen before. The kid that played the last reboot must be PISSED at how they were ripped apart...

For now it's Logan.

Still about around 100 more reviews to go (and 10 top critics)

Funny how Logan, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man Homecoming have the same top critics average for now. All well deserved.

Really enjoyed this tonight. Was a fun movie with just a great focus on Pete. Not alot of extra influences from other marvel stuff. It was wonderfully handled imo.

Prompto

Banned
Logan
RT93% (7.9/10)
MC77

Spider-Man
RT94% (7.7/10)
MC73

Wonder Woman
RT92% (7.5/10)
MC76

giphy.gif

It's a well made movie that doesn't have any weaknesses except that it wasn't amazing. That said it gets major points for diversity! Great movie all around.

Goes beyond that: with equal RT score and higher audience score, it beats Iron-Man 1, making it the highest rated super hero movie of the MCU

ryseing

Andrew Garfield just played a missionary that gets tortured in a Scorsese movie. I'm sure he gives no fucks.

I just checked. He's doing stage work and said some stupid shit about gay people. Yep, no fucks given.

Davide

It's a shame Emma Stone was in the Amazing movies, she would have made a really great Mary Jane, although too old maybe.

robotrock

Banned
Yeah it almost looked like New York
Wish the movie focused on NYC a lot more honestly. Like, kind of how something like The Dark Knight didn't really feel like Gotham, this didn't feel all that NYC

There was simply nothing like Tobey Maguire delivering authentic New York pizza pie slices

PSYGN

I've only watched the first Spiderman movie. This was a fun movie. My favorite part of the movie didn't involve any fighting action, which surprised me.

Something about how in preparation for his next role as a gay man he's been immersing himself in gay culture, becoming a gay person in all but the physical aspects.

Fucking bizarre.

That's dumb but he seems like one of those pretentious method actors when he discusses his work anyways. No harm no foul

And it's working out for him. Dude gave two of the best performances last year. One of the better actors out there. Shame his spidey movies suck because his filmography otherwise is flames

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
http://realorfake3d.com/

I'm done with post-processed 3D. I'll only see it if it's the only showing available. Otherwise 2D for everything except 3D shot movies.

Valerian is fake 3D? They've been marketing the hell out of the 3D, and some of the people that watched it said it was worth seeing it in that format, seems odd that that wouldn't be real 3D.

One of the best and most unique MCU films. Everything that concerned me wasn't an issue.

Peter was engaging, warm, carrying, funny and all round fantastic.
Ned was awesome.
Tony Stark was featured just the right amount.
The high school aspect is typically so clichéd and boring being a non American, but here it was a lot of fun.
Very humorous and whitty dialogue.
The main villain was really good, and actually felt like he had motivations and didn't aspects to his story.

I actually want to see it again.

Theecliff

Banned
That's dumb but he seems like one of those pretentious method actors when he discusses his work anyways. No harm no foul

And it's working out for him. Dude gave two of the best performances last year. One of the better actors out there. Shame his spidey movies suck because his filmography otherwise is flames
i haven't seen hacksaw ridge yet but i presume the other movie you're referring to is silence right? i liked* his performance to an extent but god damn his accent was terrible. when it came to all the physical stuff he was fantastic but whenever he raised his voice more than a few decibels his british accent would crack through and become distracting. i honestly really don't understand what they were going for with the accents in that film. driver's was okay but garfield's was poor and neeson literally didn't even fucking bother. either keep it consistent or don't bother at all.

trying to segue back on topic, but the only other film outside of civil war that i've seen holland in was lost city of z, and i thought he was pretty good in that. shame the film takes a big leap in logic when his character goes from despising his father to willing to go to the end of the world with him in the space of a scene, but i guess that's more to do with the way the film was structured.

sense

Best Spider-Man movie for me. All of them were decent but this one stood out with its execution from beginning to end and probably the best villain since Heath ledger in dark knight.

phanphare

Banned
Okay, well I'll ask here so if a new Spider-Man movie isn't coming for another couple years I think how will they keep Pete in high school? The MCU moves in real time right?

I think so. he's gonna be in the Avengers movies coming up and maybe the Homecoming sequel will be his senior year.

Just saw the movie and I was amazed at it!

So much so that I bought that new Legacy Collection that came out. Yeah I know many were against it but I couldn't help it!

Also cause I just realized that I never saw ASM2 even though I know what happens.

Top Bottom