• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most important question: What did that coffee shop do to piss off Spider-Man so much and can it be generally agreed that he's a dick for breaking their window

Oneself

ZYv7MVn.gif
Realtime on PS4 or PS4 Neo? ;)

BPYj9Sm.gif

I want more flash. more pizzazz. more color (other than spidey's suit). the city just looks kind of drab.

Do we know if this is gameplay or not >_>

Man, this is easily going to be Insomniac's biggest title ever. They are going to level up in terms of "all-time developers tier list"

TimFL

He said it was running on a normal PS4. Although could be that they aren't allowed to outright confirm the new PS4k/Neo (even though Andrew talked about it already) but then it brings up the question: why respond to a question about whether the game is running on the Neo or not?

F4r0_Atak

He said it was running on a normal PS4. Although could be that they aren't allowed to outright confirm the new PS4k/Neo (even though Andrew talked about it already) but then it brings up the question: why respond to a question about whether the game is running on the Neo or not?

Or build hype for what the Neo version could look like.

They already answered that question. Here... vvv

Everything you saw in that trailer was on current PS4 hardware. Not high-end PS4

very cool...although all the rumors pointed to sucker punch, not insomniac

so is this confirmed to be part of the sony-disney deal from last year involving the movies?

maxcriden

Is the current rumor that some games will be Neo only? I'm planning to get an OG PS4 when they get cheap and curious about that. (This looks so visually impressive and I didn't know if Sony specified if its for OG PS4.)

Oh, and do we have an idea of when is Song of the Deep coming out?

It's Spidey. He's a menace.

I would love for an open world Spider-Man game to populate newspapers depending on how bad you are at collateral damage through the game.

Wreck shit up? JJ will run headlines about how terrible you are.

Mostly keep it calm? The newspapers are mostly about the villains.

Though that seems like a lot of work for a detail no one will notice or care about aside from me.

Is the current rumor that some games will be Neo only? I'm planning to get an OG PS4 when they get cheap and curious about that. (This looks so visually impressive and I didn't know if Sony specified if its for OG PS4.)

Try reading posts in a thread.

F4r0_Atak

SIE/Sony already said that any games available on PS4 would be also on Neo and vice-versa. No exclusive bs like what the Scorpio seems to be pointing to. :/

Part of me is a bit salty it's exclusive. Does this mean future Spider-Man games will be or just Insomniac's title(s)? I'm planning on buying a PS4 anyway so don't take this as port begging or anything, just curious.

That said, an Insomniac Spider-Man game is something I didn't know I needed this badly. Seems unreal that it's happening.

Lorcain

Most important question: What did that coffee shop do to piss off Spider-Man so much and can it be generally agreed that he's a dick for breaking their window
He could have just walked out the front door like the rest of us. But no, he had to hop all over the tables and torpedo out the window.

TimFL

He could have just walked out the front door like the rest of us. But no, he had to hop all over the tables and torpedo out the window.

Maybe he was trying to get to the other side of the building to catch the bad guys? It's probably part of a missions anyways, I don't see them opening up interiors for us to roam and cause chaos in.

Maybe a handful like a safehouse, the high school/university etc.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Loving your guys output!

Ratchet & Clank was so good... and this will be the first Spiderman/Marvel/Comic Hero game I purchase since the the first Batman Arkham game on the PC last gen.

#InsomniacWeTrust

Please, please, please have Resistance 4 in the works or talks with R3 inspired SP, R2 inspired Co-Op, RFoM inspired MP!

F4r0_Atak

Part of me is a bit salty it's exclusive. Does this mean future Spider-Man games will be or just Insomniac's title(s)? I'm planning on buying a PS4 anyway so don't take this as port begging or anything, just curious.

That said, an Insomniac Spider-Man game is something I didn't know I needed this badly. Seems unreal that it's happening.

It is possible since Disney has resigned from publishing games on consoles(home and portable). Nowadays, they license their IPs (including Marvel's own and Star Wars) to publishers (in this case SIE and EA) they deem worthy enough to push for quality titles based on their franchises. Furthermore, it could be possible that ever since Activision's publishing rights for Marvel games expired, SIE may have snatched the Spider-Man publishing rights, possibly making those future games exclusive to Playstation.

Also, this new Spider-Man game is seemingly being published by SIE. Don't expect this game anywhere else.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please Insomniac take all the time you need to make this the best game it can be.

People have been asking for an amazing AAA Spider-Man title for so long.

You could go into the history books as the developer who made the best Spidey game ever made. Just think about that.

They sure are releasing a lot of games in the past few years.

They kicked ass with this last gen:

-Resistance: Fall of Man
-Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
-Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
-Resistance 2
-Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
-Resistance 3
-Fuse

All within the span of 7 years.
Some of the hardest working folks in the business.

F4r0_Atak

Please Insomniac take all the time you need to make this the best game it can be.

People have been asking for an amazing AAA Spider-Man title for so long.

You could go into the history books as the developer who made the best Spidey game ever made. Just think about that.

Just like what Rocksteady did for the Batman games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom