• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit1

Man, this is easily going to be Insomniac's biggest title ever. They are going to level up in terms of "all-time developers tier list"

I think this is huge for Insomniac. I know they can deliver and a AAA Spiderman game of this quality should do very well in sales.

Loving your guys output!

Ratchet & Clank was so good... and this will be the first Spiderman/Marvel/Comic Hero game I purchase since the the first Batman Arkham game on the PC last gen.

#InsomniacWeTrust

Please, please, please have Resistance 4 in the works or talks with R3 inspired SP, R2 inspired Co-Op, RFoM inspired MP!

Yes! I'd love another Resistance on PS4!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I just want playable Spider-Ham.

That would instantly make it the best game ever.

XP5qCZ9.png

Would be amazing to go through the realistic looking world playing as lil Peter Porker.

Dream come true watching the reveal. Insomniac, one of my favourite developers since I was a kid, working on a legitimate open world Spider-Man game.

I may buy 3 copies

Anth1888

Do we know which team is working on this? The SO team I assume?

IIRC on the Geoff/YouTube stream they said it was the biggest team Insomniac has ever had, so maybe the main Sunset Overdrive team and the R&C guys joined after that project. I assume its all hands on deck.

a.wd

in all the excitement of the XB1s This slipped by me, looks amazing, this and Horizon were my 2 games that I have to get for the PS4.

All of Insomniac deserves respect for this.

They're one passionate, talented and hard working studio. The potential to deliver a worthy Spiderman game seems possible now.

Yes! I'd love another Resistance on PS4!

That would be great. Insomniac should've trusted their gut instinct and built on the original formula they had in R:FOM.

Given how DOOM is making old school formulas relevant again, it would give them a good argument to pursue that direction.

My Problem is that the spider symbol stands too much out, it immediately catches your eyes when you see Spider-Man. It just doesn't blend well with the rest of the suit.

Was literally just about to make this post. Suits been growing on me, only thing I dislike is the white Spider. Clashes too much with the rest of the costume.

UrbanRats

Everything you saw in that trailer was on current PS4 hardware. Not high-end PS4

Damn.
In a conference with God of War 4, this was still the most impressive thing to me (next to Resident Evil 7, but that's for other reasons, since i'm a RE&Silent Hill fan).
Congrats, this looks absolutely amazing.

Harmen

Whatever executives responsible (at Sony/Disney) for bringing Spidey to MCU and putting Insomniac at a full fledged Spidey game, thank you. Both seemed extremely unlikely not too long ago.

Anung

Un Rama
This was the game that blew me away the most. I have been waiting years for them to stop making garbage cash grab Spider-man games and actually try and make a proper Spider-man simulator in the ways the Arkham series nails Batman.

Insomniac are a great fit for Spidey and I'd bet my house they'll nail his combat, agility and swinging. As long as they use Spider-man 2 for a base but add some nice modern psychics and heft then I'll be totally happy.

Only complaint is that I'm not a fan of the suit (I do love the eyes) but there'll probably be a million unlockables or DLC costumes so its not really a big deal.

I'm not one to get super emotional over announcements but goddamn man...goddamn.

bunkitz

The systems in Infamous are maybe closer to Iron Man...

Ooh, yeah. Would be alright, what with all the third-person shooting.

Shit, it would be awesome if in Gamescom, they reveal that Sucker Punch is working on a Marvel game as well. We'd be entering a golden age of Marvel games.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Please Insomniac take all the time you need to make this the best game it can be.

People have been asking for an amazing AAA Spider-Man title for so long.

You could go into the history books as the developer who made the best Spidey game ever made. Just think about that.

This. There are many Spider-Man games but they are half-assed done, you could see the potential but it was just shipped as it is to make it in time for the movie or the deadline by activision.

Neoxon

Ooh, yeah. Would be alright, what with all the third-person shooting.

Shit, it would be awesome if in Gamescom, they reveal that Sucker Punch is working on a Marvel game as well. We'd be entering a golden age of Marvel games.
It's not the Golden Age of Marvel Games until we get a Marvel fighting game from Capcom.

Endo Punk

I don't think I have ever been this excited about an Imsomniac game. This game may well be my fav announcement at E3, Spidey is one of my fav superhero/comic characters next to Judge Dredd and Batman. It looks too good to be true, really hope they deliver.

It sucks because I'm sure Insomnaic wants to be able to work on a wide range of properties, both old and new.

But god damn if there aren't so many different superheroes that I'd want them to tackle.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Dispite not connected, Probaably smarter to release it around the time (give or take a month) of the movie release for maximum exposure.

It is possible since Disney has resigned from publishing games on consoles(home and portable). Nowadays, they license their IPs (including Marvel's own and Star Wars) to publishers (in this case SIE and EA) they deem worthy enough to push for quality titles based on their franchises. Furthermore, it could be possible that ever since Activision's publishing rights for Marvel games expired, SIE may have snatched the Spider-Man publishing rights, possibly making those future games exclusive to Playstation.

Also, this new Spider-Man game is seemingly being published by SIE. Don't expect this game anywhere else.
Hmm, very interesting, thank you.

Not going to lie, that would be bit disappointing but at this point I just want a good Spider-Man game and with this team on it I can't be mad at all.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Why are people questioning this? It's clearly real time. Heck, it doesn't even look as good as some of the games released this year already.

We were so hyped when this popped up. Marvel's biggest gap has been a lack of compelling games. I hope this is the Arkham moment and we see more.

My Problem is that the spider symbol stands too much out, it immediately catches your eyes when you see Spider-Man. It just doesn't blend well with the rest of the suit.

It's probably on purpose as a visual que for the player. Considering the action will probably be super fast paced, it's good to have a big white symbol that says "look at me".

It's also on the front and the back of the suit, so I'm pretty sure that's why, but it's mainly a guess at this point.

TheRed

Damn, I might have to buy a ps4 again, I thought I could stay the whole gen PC only but spiderman will be hard to resist if it turns out great.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'll be honest, I gave zero fucks for a new Spiderman game but this reveal actually looked pretty damn dope. So congrats J & Insomiac crew lol.
I still can't believe this is running on a PS4, wtf.

CamHostage

All of Insomniac deserves respect for this.

They're one passionate, talented and hard working studio. The potential to deliver a worthy Spiderman game seems possible now.

Talk about hard-working!? Most developers have done maybe one game on next-gen and are working up to a second (some Sony studios have unfortunately not even gotten to ship their first PS4 game,) but Insomniac has done Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet and Clank remake, a handful of VR games, they have Song of the Deep that they're doing kind of for fun and love, and now they're doing something as huge as Spider-Man. (And it's not like they ever took any time off; Insomniac put together Fuse and R&C Into the Nexus while many other studios were powering down to focus on next-gen development processes.) I'm not sure if Insomniac still has multiple offices, but no matter how many shops they have, the output from this group is beyond belief.

Spider-Man will certainly be a challenge on a new level, so I hope Sony gives them the time to make this awesome, but I don't doubt that this crew is up to the challenge, and the trailer so far points to all good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom