• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Super excited to see how the swinging and traversal feels in this game. Insomniac are pretty on point with these sorts of movements so I am not to worried.

TP-DK

Game of the show! I am so hyped for this. This is gonna be so amazing, just take my money now Insomniac, take them, take them!

farisr

While I don't have an issue with the look, and I do think alternate suits/skins will probably be in the game like Ratchet & Clank, but guys.. something just occurred to me.

What if we're able to customize/design our own suit?

Sunset Overdrive had a character creation system with a lot of customization. A customizer for this game wouldn't require as much work as the character creator in that game, as we're not changing Peter Parker's body/build/voice.

That'd be so awesome.

He can outshoot and shutdown Steph Curry while making a better video game than Insomnia and Sucker Punch, of course.

He doesn't need facts.
I don't know what you're trying to say, but I feel pretty confident ignoring people who think Insomniac or SP make terrible games.

I know what costume I'm lobbying for.
latest
I can dream...

I've finally grown to like the white spider, but I secretly hope it is a glow in the dark spider.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
While I don't have an issue with the look, and I do think alternate suits/skins will probably be in the game like Ratchet & Clank, but guys.. something just occurred to me.

Sunset Overdrive had a character creation system with a lot of customization. A customizer for this game wouldn't require as much work as the character creator in that game, as we're not changing Peter Parker's body/build/voice.

That'd be so awesome.

Higly doubt this. Just because there are elements in Sunset Overdrive it doesnt mean that every game Insomniac does from now on has these, too. Espescially games featuring a character with a certain look.

DC1

I just want to say that it took me 40 plus pages to realize that Suckerpunch wasn't developing this title and that Insomniac is the HDIC.

Where's my mind exploitation gif?..how could all of us be so easy Trumped?

Really happy for Insomniac.

Leaving to have a beer.

That'd be so awesome.

Things that aren't happening...

If this turns out good it will be my dream game. I just hope there is no trace of the shitty Beenox movie games in there. No web rush and crappy swinging. I would've loved if Josh Keaton did the voice but Yuri is a good choice as well. Still iffy on the costume though. But I'm staying positive even though I've been burned by Soider-Man games. Good developer, comic based and big budget. If this turns out good I will give them all my money.

Spider-Man will certainly be a challenge on a new level, so I hope Sony gives them the time to make this awesome, but I don't doubt that this crew is up to the challenge, and the trailer so far points to all good things.

Time and production budget is the last thing you have to worry about with Sony, the Last Guardian is coming out this year remember lol.

Voke

Banned
The more I think about it, Insomniac was probably the best choice for Sony and Marvel. Insomniac has that wittiness and charm that I feel is perfect for a Spider-Man game.

Nesotenso

I am very glad that we get to play as an adult Spidey. Also having missions or getting to play Parker out of costume is great news. Having him interact with his expanded cast (which is the best one in comics) would be great as well.

Marc

Reallllly don't like that suit, god awful in fact.

But the game itself looks amazing and can't wait to play it, assuming they confirm different suit options. Hopefully Spidey 2 was their starting point and added a lot more layers to that.

Would love to see Doc Ock, Mysterio, Kingpin, Shocker, Electro, Green Goblin, Kraven and Scorpion.

That'd be so awesome.

Marvel would never allow it.

And also it's a bad idea.

in all the excitement of the XB1s This slipped by me, looks amazing, this and Horizon were my 2 games that I have to get for the PS4.
What excitement? Badampbomppshhh....

Lol

Seriously though I still can't decide what was best of show for Sony. It was very very strong, I think my favorite conference from them.

After seeing how sunset plays after you unlock all your abilities though, I couldn't ask for anything more. Sunset humor was so off putting to me, I could never enjoy that game, this could potentially be my GOTY though if they nail the story and gameplay.

Ploid 3.0

Ooh, yeah. Would be alright, what with all the third-person shooting.

Shit, it would be awesome if in Gamescom, they reveal that Sucker Punch is working on a Marvel game as well. We'd be entering a golden age of Marvel games.

But it would not be pretty as it would be exclusive. I'm covered on PS4 and PC (which now includes XboxOne), so I don't care.

Also Gazillion needs to hurry up and bring Marvel Heroes to consoles. It's a nice game that I play a ton. They have their controller support figured out and it's pretty good. It seems ready for the transition. Even better if there is cross play.

JP

Idf somebody had described it to me I have no doubt that the Spider-Man outfit would have sounded terrible, but I'm really starting to like it.

Spider-Man-PS4-Costume-Trailer-E3.jpg

For the Spidey experts out there, is it an outfit from somewhere else or is the game the first place that it's been used?

diaspora

Idf somebody had described it to me I have no doubt that the Spider-Man outfit would have sounded terrible, but I'm really starting to like it.

For the Spidey experts out there, is it an outfit from somewhere else or is the game the first place that it's been used?

Something this terrible isn't in the comics, no.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

I don't remember anything like that in the comics, though I guess his current suit has a horrid fluorescent green spider symbol so it could be worse.

HDyYJeI.jpg

h6Hmywd.jpg

This is the first place, though it looks to be taking bits of ideas from other suits and putting them together. The lenses and mask are essentially straight from the Civil War movie. The white spider flowing down the shirt is reminiscent of the Amazing Spiderman 2 suit. The black elements are also similar to the Civil War suit.

Love the image and wish I could find a massive one

Macrotus

All those quotes in the OP, makes me even more interested.
And the gifs are eye candies.

As for the outfit, I bet there will be DLC of previous Spider-man outfits, so even if you don't like the current design, I wouldn't worry too much.

ChrisD

Only thing I dislike on it is the silver hands. Quite like the spider design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom