• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

Rad-

Most likely ME3 but it could also be a new game from the Jade Empire team (if the team is still alive).

Nirolak said:
I was really hoping this would be there.

I was hoping for E3. Announcing ME3 before launching ME2 on PS3 would be weird. Given Sony and EA's relationship lately, I thought it reasonable that this would be at Sony's conference. I mean Sony have loads of games announced already so announcing a few big 3rd party games of significance would help with the flow of the conference.

FrankT

ME3, I'm all over it. My guess is they will put in the holiday window this time. Don't rush it though Bioware.

Edit: I could also go for another big ME2 DLC.

Two Bioware reveals? The wait is going to be a long one...

EDIT: Can we get a real fucking RPG this time, unlike a third person shooter, please?

kittoo said:
Indeed! Rockstar and Valve are two developers that can do it whenever they want and it will rock the world anyway!

priyanka_choaspra_8.jpg

Is this her name - priyanka_choaspra?

EDIT: Nevermind, her name is Priyanka Chopra, she is hot.

Meier

Damn, still 4 weeks away? I figured it was next week or something consideirng the amount of activity I've seen regarding it.

The VGA's doesn't seem like the kind of setting that Valve would use to announce a game. It's Dudebro central. Lately R* has announced their games over the web with time released trailers, but maybe they would use the VGA's to announce a game.

LCfiner

Meier said:
Damn, still 4 weeks away? I figured it was next week or something consideirng the amount of activity I've seen regarding it.

Behold the awesome power of the VGAs and Geoff Keighley's twitter stream

scarybore

Galvanise_ said:
Announcing ME3 before launching ME2 on PS3 would be weird.

It wouldn't be Capcom announcing Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 before the Gamecube version was out bad, but it doesn't sound like the best idea in the world. While I am not against a ME3 reveal, if there is a Mass Effect related announcement, I would hope it is for new DLC.

Dipswitch

Hmmmmm, do I really want to subject myself to this again? I watched it last year to see the Halo: Reach trailer but there is no such incentive this year. Mind you, I do have a history of bad decision making, so I'll probably be front and center when this airs anyway.

Otacon

Solo said:
u mad

ME3 won't hit until Fall 2012.

you think so?
I'd also say late 2011/early 2012 for ME3 (2 years after the 2nd one) as I actually think/hope the new consoles will be released fall 2012

FoneBone

sweetvar26 said:
Two Bioware reveals? The wait is going to be a long one...

EDIT: Can we get a real fucking RPG this time, unlike a third person shooter, please?
Nobody said both of them were Bioware reveals.

Suzzopher said:
Mass Effect spin off. Maybe even an online enabled entry to the franchise.

I'm not sure I'd care. I'd need a lot of convincing. I'd prefer them to just finish off the trilogy in the way we've expected.

Where there any suprises left last year? I think Arkham City was the only thing we weren't expecting. . .or were we expecting it?

DuckRacer

Solo said:
u mad

Mass Effect 2 took two years (and two months, but I assume the Jan. release date was for marketing purposes) to develop, and BioWare revamped virtually everything about the game. They've also stated that ME3 won't take as long since they essentially laid the foundation with ME2. I don't see why ME3 will take an extra year.

...Unless next fall they release Mass Effect: Brotherhood to introduce online play to the franchise. *shudder*

FoneBone

Feindflug said:
It looks like both of them are Bioware related.
EA guy is saying that a Bioware announcement is among those two, nothing about the retweet indicates that both of them are from Bioware. Other than wishful thinking.

FStop7

Banned
Lime said:
The unfounded hype and meaningless marketing speech is making me nauseous.

But why? It's the most super radical best VGAs EVAR! :lol

Predict: New info on Old Republic and Dragon Age 2. Maybe a closed beta for Old Republic.

Solo said:
u mad

I think ME3 will be at E3 with a Q1 2012 release date.

Top Bottom