• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Trick_GSF said:
So, being completely realistic, what chance does Uncharted 3 have at being shown?

Possible, unlikey, etc.. ?
Sony's confirmed to be there, and it's one of their only unshown/unannounced titles that's likely for next year, so I'd say pretty high.

If I had to guess, I'd expect both Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 at the show, with smaller stuff like Starhawk being revealed in the lead up to E3 instead.

Xater said:
Does GAF really care? I am suprised that people actually watch the show and not just wait for the trailers to be released on their website. Just looking at their nominees this will probably end up being a dreadful program.
I watch it with Mrs. Neuromancer. I get to feel ashamed for being a gamer, and she gets to feel ashamed for being married to me. It's a winning combination.

Pooya

Xater said:
Does GAF really care? I am suprised that people actually watch the show and not just wait for the trailers to be released on their website. Just looking at their nominees this will probably end up being a dreadful program.
me? no -> gametrailers.com , download trailers that I care about.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Nirolak said:
Sony's confirmed to be there, and it's one of their only unshown/unannounced titles that's likely for next year, so I'd say pretty high.

If I had to guess, I'd expect both Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 at the show, with smaller stuff like Starhawk being revealed in the lead up to E3 instead.

Thank you for the info. :D

Arnie

My body is ready for Arkham City.

My brain isn't ready for Uncharted 3.

Drake's voice might make me break down.

Rikyfree

VMA's with actual class? Hmph, not in my universe. If you don't make this thing as shitty as possible, how will be have our base of what not to do at an awards ceremony? Think of the children!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
What? I'm just agreeing with the other people in this thread who think an Uncharted 3 trailer would be really awesome.

BTW, does anyone know if Lara Croft has ever been on the cover of Game Informer? Like ever?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Geek said:
What? I'm just agreeing with the other people in this thread who think an Uncharted 3 trailer would be really awesome.

BTW, does anyone know if Lara Croft has ever been on the cover of Game Informer? Like ever?
Qo6H1.jpg

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Nirolak said:

Haha! I *JUST* saw that. Man, that was a long time ago.

And sharing the cover with Spawn, Batman & Robin and Diddy Kong Racing no less. How Game Informer covers have changed.

EDIT:

cov_043_l.jpg

Otacon

Nirolak said:

am i really the only one NOT expecting another uncharted on ps3?
how long do you guys think the current gen will last?
although i'd kill for uncharted 3 in 2011 i highly doubt it and actually think both sony & ms will show their next home consoles at e3 2011 with a release late 2012
regarding sony games at this years VGAs i think we'll only see Resistance 3

TheOddOne

Otacon said:
although i'd kill for uncharted 3 in 2011 i highly doubt it and actually think both sony & ms will show their next home consoles at e3 2011 with a release late 2012
:lol Not gonna happen.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Otacon said:

No doubt there will be another Uncharted this gen. When it is released is anyone's guess, but it's alomst a dead cert.

Otacon

TheOddOne said:
:lol Not gonna happen.

why not?
just because of move, kinect and the leaked psp2 screens - expecting that sony will only show the psp2 at next years e3?
how long do you think will the current gen last? (serious question)

You know what I'd like to see, even though there's no chance in hell of it happening?

Zelda.

Spike TV seems to be the only media organization Nintendo actually works with anymore (they've even had 1-2 GTTV shows fully dedicated to the company, which is fucking unprecedented), and Skyward Sword is pretty much the only Wii title coming next year instantly recognizable to the core gamer. While we saw our first nibbles of gameplay at this past E3, a full-blown story-driven trailer giving our first look at the storyline would definitely get me, and a lot of other hardened gamers to pay attention.

TheOddOne

Otacon said:
why not?
just because of move, kinect and the leaked psp2 screens - expecting that sony will only show the psp2 at next years e3?
My bet is end of 2013.

2011 is just too soon, mostly because MS & Sony both have had hardware refreshes (Kinect & Move).

thuway

Otacon said:
:lol

I expect Resistance 3 to be shown. Uncharted 3 however... that would be best left for E3 :D.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Otacon said:
why not?
I'm expecting end of 2013 will see the next consoles.

I would have agreed with an earlier date before, but both Microsoft and Sony seem to want to stall a few more years, and their year over year sales are healthy enough to buoy them for a little while longer.

Nintendo however I would expect to see at the end of 2012, but I don't expect them to actually show their new console until 2012 either.

Due to this, I'd expect all of the standard sequels to still show up with at least one more iteration on the HD consoles.

Foffy

Banned
badcrumble said:
oh good, the oscars and VMAs have never been embarrassing

Will this be a first for the VGAs then? They always do something I find super embarrassing or awkward. :lol

expy

Banned
I'm expecting the new consoles to be revealed around 2014... I still think it's too soon to begin talking about their future platforms.

GodDuckman said:
You know what I'd like to see, even though there's no chance in hell of it happening?

Zelda.

Spike TV seems to be the only media organization Nintendo actually works with anymore (they've even had 1-2 GTTV shows fully dedicated to the company, which is fucking unprecedented), and Skyward Sword is pretty much the only Wii title coming next year instantly recognizable to the core gamer. While we saw our first nibbles of gameplay at this past E3, a full-blown story-driven trailer giving our first look at the storyline would definitely get me, and a lot of other hardened gamers to pay attention.

I would kill the rest of the world's panda, siamese tiger and dolphin population for a new Skyward Sword trailer at these things. DO IT NINTENDO

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
les papillons sexuels said:
anyone know what studio's or publishers have games appearing at the VGA's?
Unfortunately they haven't sent out a PR with that yet.

Green Scar said:
I would kill the rest of the world's panda, siamese tiger and dolphin population for a new Skyward Sword trailer at these things. DO IT NINTENDO
World exclusives only.

We've already seen gameplay, so unless they're unveiling multiplayer, it's not happening.

Nirolak said:
World exclusives only.

We've already seen gameplay, so unless they're unveiling multiplayer, it's not happening.

Bah, well that's crap. They're kidding if a new gameplay trailer for ZELDA wouldn't be mind-blowing enough for their viewership.

Pinning all my hopes on Uncharted 3!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Green Scar said:
Bah, well that's crap. They're kidding if a new gameplay trailer for ZELDA wouldn't be mind-blowing enough for their viewership.

Pinning all my hopes on Uncharted 3!
Well, their main target audience is dudebros.

Are dudebros especially large Zelda fans these days?

Nirolak said:
Well, their main target audience is dudebros.

Are dudebros especially large Zelda fans these days?

Er, lots of people liked Darksiders, right?

Bah, what do I care, we all know that we ain't hearing anything on Zelda until GDC, most likely.

Top Bottom