• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

Articalys

Man, I know it's Geoff's job to build hype and all, but the teasing and viral stuff is starting to wear me out. Just bring on December 11 and let's get on with it.
Or maybe I'm just not cut out for the new age of video game promotion.
Looking forward to all the new reveals, at any rate.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't think all of those are 10 new games.

I bet a few are additional reveals (like say... Agent screens
i hope
).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
yencid said:
not always games, They prob count things like DLC as reveals.

Thats still quite a bit, in my opinion.

I dont follow the VGAs though. Is this the usual?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ULTROS! said:
I don't think all of those are 10 new games.

I bet a few are additional reveals (like say... Agent screens
i hope
).
Basically the requirement is that it's a world exclusive.

It can be either an announcement, a trailer of an unseen game, or a gameplay reveal, but it has to be something we haven't seen gameplay from before, at least judging by last year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EatChildren said:
Thats still quite a bit, in my opinion.

I dont follow the VGAs though. Is this the usual?
Last year they had:

-Halo: Reach
-Batman: Arkham City
-Medal of Honor
-Spec Ops: The Line
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
-True Crime
-Crackdown 2
-UFC Undisputed 2010
-Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
-Tron: Evolution
-Green Day: Rock Band
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nirolak said:
Last year they had:

-Medal of Honor
-True Crime
-Crackdown 2
-UFC Undisputed 2010

Oh wow, there you go.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So... Is there a chance that a Japanese game would be unveiled?

Despera

Banned
Nirolak said:
Last year they had:

-Medal of Honor
-True Crime
-Crackdown 2
-UFC Undisputed 2010
Ok. Now I'm really excited. Especially after Sony Russia tweeted that Mass Effect 3 will be unveiled at the VGAs. It's not confirmation, but still.

ULTROS! said:
So... Is there a chance that a Japanese game would be unveiled?
I don't think it ever happened before.

Pooya

ConradCervantes said:
Vanquish 2, baybee!!!!
will be announced along with Shenmue 3, a new Panzer Dragoon, a new Shinobi and Skies of Arcadia 2, maybe JSR3 too
ahahahahaha

You guys are forgetting about Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection. :D It still didn't get a date or screens yet and it better come soon!!

So...

Mass Effect Something
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3
Zombie game
8 other games (Though two or more will probably be DLC for Black Ops and AC and other stuff)

TheOddOne

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So...

Mass Effect Something
Uncharted 3
Zombie game
8 other games (Though two or more will probably be DLC for Black Ops and AC and other stuff)
Gears of Kinect is missing from your list.

Rad-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So...

Mass Effect Something
Uncharted 3
Zombie game

New Twisted Pixel title
Saint's Row 3
Guillermo del Toro’s title

[Nintex]

If I have to make an educated guess about MS's reveals, I'd say Viva Pinata Kinect will be there, unless they think that the VGA's aren't a suitable venue to announce games like that.

[Nintex] said:
If I have to make an educated guess about MS's reveals, I'd say Viva Pinata Kinect will be there, unless they think that the VGA's aren't a suitable venue to announce games like that.
I would play that. Oh man. Hitting the ground with my shovel. LET ME PET THEM TOO. OOOOOOOH. FUDGEHOG.

TheOddOne

[Nintex] said:
Looking at the type of games revealed... I doubt that.

ThatGuy

Rad- said:
New Twisted Pixel title
This will be announced at the 3 Dec. already at Gametrailers TV.

I guess that we will see a first gameplay trailer of "Kingdoms of Amalur" from Curt Schilling/Ken Rolstons Big Huge Games.

Massa said:
Kevin Butler confirmed?

I think so. I gathered as much from some tweets the other day. I think he'll either make a walk on apperance (possibly present best PS3 game) or help announce a PS3 exclusive in a video.

[Nintex]

AwesomeSyrup said:
Perfect Dark 2 with hybrid Kinect support please.
Perfect Dark seems to be one of the few Rare franchises that isn't completely dead. They've stated that they want to do another one and even Molyneux said he wants to work on an FPS game after finishing a sports game(Kinect Sports) so it's likely that there will be a new PD game in the future.

Also the Banjo team is still alive and kicking but this recent scribes entry:
Q: Dear Banjo-Makers,
It seems Rare has moved on from 3D platformers and on to the more popular and current genres out there (OMGOSH FPS!!!1111thenumberone11111!!11!!!!!11!!!1!), but you know, I’m okay with that, as Spongebob Squarepants would say, it is nature’s way. With that said do you guys still support the genre as fans? The few 3D platformers coming out now are generally on the Wii (Epic Mickey for example, I mean come on! You guys made Mickey’s Speedway USA! Which now that I think about it is odd because you’re stationed in the UK, but still if anyone should have got to make a Mickey platformer it’s Rareware!) but do you still enjoy the genre at your leisure?
Micro Moose

A: Naturally – we’re all still gamers, we all have our own tastes irrespective of what we’re working on. It’s fair to say that we can appreciate the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 2 as much as the next man/woman/Toad. After the experimental aspects of Nuts & Bolts, it was just assumed rather than stated that we’d ‘abandoned’ pure platformers. In truth anything is still fair game, but as we’re prioritising Kinect at this point in time we need to think about things that work best in that area. That’s how we landed on Kinect Sports, and that’s how we’ll whittle down the options to work out what comes next.
Seems to indicate that the Banjo team hasn't found a new direction(yet).

If I had to express the chances of new 'Rare' franchise(not Avatar branded) games in percentages...

30% - Perfect Dark 2, hybrid game? Interest from both Rare and MS but other attempts never made it past prototype.

50% - Viva Pinata Kinect, seems like a no-brainer and a short dev-cycle so they can bolster the Kinect line-up early next year.

20% - New Banjo, chances are they'll try to do something with Banjo and Kinect. Especially with Gregg Mayles still heading up the design work at Rare.

0% - Kameo, dead, Rare was quoted saying: "We should've canned it"

0% - Killer Instinct, seems dead, no interest from Rare or MS

0% - Conker, dead, seems that Chris Seavor is working at the Flex Art group now. Doesn't seem like he's a team-lead anymore after several prototypes for new IP's(?) went nowhere.

Rare said they had 3 games in development, including Kinect Sports. So that leaves two and I'd put my money on Perfect Dark and Viva Pinata unless all franchises are dead and they'll only pump out Kinect___ titles from this point forward. But that doesn't seem likely because they cancelled a Kinect____ title as well. :lol

TheOddOne

Rare's fitness game must have been good, judging by how Kinect Sports was made.

I think its safe to assume there might another casual themed game in development, the third one will (hopefully) be a known franchise.

[Nintex]

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Revised:

Mass Effect Something
Uncharted 3
Zombie game
New Twisted Pixel title
Saint's Row 3
Guillermo del Toro’s title (Possibly same as zombie game?)
Gears of Kinect
Black Ops DLC
3-4 more reveals
I bet 2 out of those 4 are the new rumored Sonic game and a Duke Nukem Forever trailer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
[Nintex] said:
[Nintex] said:
I bet 2 out of those 4 are the new rumored Sonic game and a Duke Nukem Forever trailer.
Sonic?

Viva Pinata?

...You do understand what Spike TV is right?

Some of these reveals have to have links to actual stars so Spike can drag them to the awards show. Movie tie in games incoming. Maybe Thor.

Elios83

Fingers crossed for Uncharted 3 being there. I wouldn't be as excited if the Sony announcement was Sly 4 or Starhawk.

FrankT

[Nintex] said:

That doesn't sound very actiony;

According to our tip, Microsoft is using the Spike TV Video Games Awards (VGAs) to introduce some big action games, including new titles for the Kinect.

I'm sure whatever it is the tease will come from this with MN down at the set yesterday;

majornelson Xbox's Larry Hryb
At the GameTrailers TV studios shooting a segment for an upcoming show.

keit4 said:

Maybe interested. EA tagged on that one.

Also I could see the new Lara game having a reveal here maybe with the Game Informer cover going live on Dec 6th.

Despera

Banned
http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/statuses/7131706918182912

30kbjk.jpg

Top Bottom