• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

DevilWillcry said:
Shit, Sony must be making some big announcements if they are bringing out the big KB guns.

This is how it'll play out:

Geoff Keighley enters Kevin Butlers office without knocking.

GK: Hey Kevin, whats up?

KB: Thats Mr. Butler to you chump, and if you must know I was just cross game chatting to the grown up child actor known as Jack Tretton.

GK: Sweet, another exclusive for Spike TV!

KB: You know me, packing in the awesome at every opportunity. I've added a fews thing to my board.

GK: Can I see?

KB turns around the board so that the camera can't see but Geoff can.

GK: Holy sh*t.

David Jaffe enters, out of breath.

DJ: Hey fucknut. I do the fucking swearing around here.

KB: Nice of you to drop by, overly enthusiastic Disney fan. . .*sips from a bottle of coke*

DJ: Fuck you. *grins* Are they some of the announcements we have lined up? When are we going to announce them?

Camera pans to Geoff's face. A dramatic look appears on his face.

GK: Find out in 6 or 7 hours.

Fade to black, where we hear Jaffe say:

DJ: For fucks sake Geoff. . .

V_Ben

Banned
Galvanise_ said:

KB: Thats Mr. Butler to you chump, and if you must know I was just cross game chatting to the grown up child actor known as Jack Tretton.

KB: You know me, packing in the awesome at every opportunity. I've added a fews thing to my board.

KB: Nice of you to drop by, overly enthusiastic Disney fan. . .*sips from a bottle of coke*

DJ: Fuck you. *grins* Are they some of the announcements we have lined up? When are we going to announce them?

You know, I'd actually find that hilarious :lol

Galvanise_ said:

Holy shit, I was cracking up :lol

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
TheOddOne said:
''On December 11 get ready to take on the planet.''

Doesn't seem Mass Effect related to me now.
Guessing it is the new SSX, Syndicate, or Battlefield.

As I mentioned earlier this thread, I've heard Thor gameplay reveal—probably not something all that excited about—is supposed to occur in early December.

If it's Battlefield 3 then hopefully it's not based in the snow like 2142. That atmosphere is one of the things that sucked about 2142.

Kibbles

Galvanise_ said:

:lol :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AwesomeSyrup said:
I don't see Battlefield from that teaser.
The satellite zoom in is the same style as the ones from 2142 and Bad Company 2 and the video is tagged with EA Games.

It could be something else, but I'm blanking out on possibilities.

The helicopter is a bit too military for SSX.

Nirolak said:
The satellite zoom in is the same style as the ones from 2142 and Bad Company 2 and the video is tagged with EA Games.

Didn't notice that. Hopefully it is BF3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nirolak said:

Maybe it's SSX: Bad Company. Destructible Ski-slopes ftw.

What games could they get an exclusive for that they could use to get a celebrity to the event? They've done this in the past with Jack Black, Olivia Wilde etc.

Feindflug

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So...

Mass Effect Something
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3
Zombie game
8 other games (Though two or more will probably be DLC for Black Ops and AC and other stuff)
Project Kingdoms gameplay trailer
Perfect Dark 2 announcement trailer
The Agent gameplay trailer
Alan Wake 2 announcement trailer
Unannounced adventure Kinect game
New 360 exclusive first-party title unveiled

:p

Galvanise_ said:
What games could they get an exclusive for that they could use to get a celebrity to the event? They've done this in the past with Jack Black, Olivia Wilde etc.

Saints Row 3 could easily have an celeb tie in.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It would be nice to see some 3DS love at the event, but the chances of that are highly unlikely.

TheOddOne

Geoff had to reaffirm that Microsoft is going to be there.
@geoffkeighley How come your only talk about PS3 games not 360? Is it because 360 wont have any games?
@Great117 There will definitely be 360 world premieres. More soon.
Again reading trough the lines, it might be stuff we have heard about but not see any actual gameplay footage.

DuckRacer

aReUt.png

Oowat.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'd really like to know if the QR codes are related to BioWare, or if they are related to the zombie teaser.

EatChildren

derFeef said:
so, is this MURDER thingy connected to the zombie thingy? I am confuzzled.

I initially thought it was BioWare, as they've been doing the QR code teases for their game, but they've also linked to each of theirs and these last two have gone unmentioned.

Now I'm thinking they're specifically for this zombie game, as they appear right before each zombie image. Plus if we're going to get 3 zombie image teasers, we're also going to get three QR code teases, and that would complete the message of "MURDER YOUR ---------".

Arnie

For anyone who doesn't see the Battlefield 3 similarities in that trailer, consider how close the satellite zooming in is to Battlefield 2.

I too hope it's not all set in snow though. I finally want some urban maps out of Frostbite, stop with all this rural shit.

(._.)

Banned
Don't feel like sitting through this shitty award ceremony this year to see the world premieres. Looking back I can't believe I did it last year. Really hoping for an Elder Scrolls 5 announcement though.

Kafel

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Murder Your Wife
Murder Your Friends
Murder Your Grandma
Murder Your Self
Murder Your Cat
Murder Your Monkey

... hmmm

Neighbours

That's my guess for a zombie game.

This new trailer shows Alan Wake, so maybe Alan Wake 2 will be shown.

My predictions----
Alan Wake 2
Dead Rising 3
Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Collection

Mr. E. Yis said:
This new trailer shows Alan Wake, so maybe Alan Wake 2 will be shown.

My predictions----
Alan Wake 2
Dead Rising 3
Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Collection

I'd be surprised if Microsoft reveal Alan Wake 2 as that would suggest a 2011 release. I think a sequel would need at least 2 years. We don't want a rushjob sequel like Crackdown got.

EatChildren

Imperial Hot said:
I'm not digging this tease at all. Keighley and GameTrailers just need to come out with it already.

You're not going to get much until December 11. Teases are just a bit of fun. Chill.

Top Bottom