• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT2| Prepare to Dye

Vecks

Also here we go! Rank your top 3 main perks, and top 3 sub-perks:

Main:
1.) Ninja Squid
2.) Ink Resistance
3.) Tenacity

Sub:
1.) Swim Speed
2.) Ink Saver
3.) Ink Recharge

Main:
1.) Swim Speed
2.) Run Speed
3.) Ink Resistance

I like to run away. :p

Just got back from best buy. Went yo buy something different came out with this. Only played two matches and its really fun. Would like to join the GAF group if possible. But I work till 11pm here.

Kouriozan

Can't wait for the inkbrush, if one of your teammate got it, you just have to follow him in squid form to rush into the key points.
That thing looks so fast *-*

DaBoss

If we ever get a full GAF lobby with everyone using rollers, I want us to create an 8-player roller train and see how many points that will give everyone. I think it will be hilarious. I guess that would be considered boosting, but it's not like it matters for the most part.

RagnarokX

Yeah, that is my biggest gripe about this game. I've said it numerous times, but I don't think Matchmaking is good at splitting up teams evenly. Most of my games aren't close, and it's always one team dominating badly. And usually the team that loses, has one or two players that aren't pulling their weight.

That said, I guess I can't really blame matchmaking. I'm not sure how it would know how good a player is or isn't, especially when you are at the C- to C +rank. It's possible to not be good and get to Level 20, and it's possible to get to C+ as well, and also not be that good (although it's more difficult to pull this off in Ranked. You would have to get lucky and ride the coat tails of really good teams).

Agreed. Even if you are first and have the highest points, doesn't mean you played the map well (ie. were strategic, and were at the right places at the right time defending and pushing back). So I agree, being first/having a high score doesn't really = everything. There is a lot more to it then then that.

Still, it's nice to be proud of the highest score you have ever gotten (especially if you won that match).
They could base it on kdrs, but I don't think that's an accurate measurement of skill since you can control the zones without killing. I wish they measured how much ink you contributed to zone control, because sometimes I get very few kills and it looks like I was the worst player on the team when I kept the zones under control.

Kouriozan

By the way, it's kinda sad the update are and will always be at 4 AM CEST, they didn't think about EU players this time T-T

If we ever get a full GAF lobby with everyone using rollers, I want us to create an 8-player roller train and see how many points that will give everyone. I think it will be hilarious. I guess that would be considered boosting, but it's not like it matters for the most part.

Oh wow, that'd be awesome. Gotta be... what, Urchin Underpass or Walleye Warehouse, since I don't think the others have a lot of straight paths.

E: Duh, Port Mackerel

MrPanic

In the games we were playing earlier you were doing pretty well with the Dynamo.
The dynamo is tricky. As long as your team is doing good you can wreck house with that thing, but when your team is being pushed that thing is just too slow to really clutch with it. I like it but I like to carry more.

MrPanic

Sometimes I wonder if people just spastically ram their touchscreen when they spawn, I'm seeing some weird super jumps right now.

Mononoke

Banned
This game took me away from Witcher 3. I'm scared, as I was 40 + hours in to that save. I just can't pull myself away Splatoon. By the time I finally get around to playing Witcher 3 again, I'll have forgot everything.

Oh well. Must keep feeding my ink addiction. I MUST

So is there any hard data on how good the special saver stuff is? And all the special bar related perks?

Someone said that some folks over at Reddit were compiling Data on Stats for clothes perks. Not sure if they actually have posted that or what. I've spent all my time on here, and not over on that subreddit. I'm guessing someone in the Splatoon community has started putting something together though. Would be very curious to see that info. Only thing I saw posted here, was info on which clothing brands provide % chance of perk rolls. You can see that here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/71923500

NotLiquid

Jeez. The last few Turf Wars I was in I managed to average about 10 splats per round while still amassing around 1000 points per round.

Weird, I don't even really dig slow weapons like the .96 Gal but so far it's given me the most consistent results.

Jobbs

Banned
Anyone have any Blaster tips? I want to like this weapon, but it's so hard to do well mainly because of the ink coverage is so slow compared to the splatter JR I usually use.

RagnarokX

Not a fan of inkstrikes. Takes you out of the match for too long imo.
The way I use inkstrikes is I perch myself near the zone and then strike the part of it I can't reach while simultaneously inking the area near me with my splattershot pro. Usually I can take control by myself, but then nobody backs me up and the enemy takes control again while I try to take down 4 opponents by myself. In a pinch it's at least good for forcing a penalty on the other team.

You're vulnerable while doing it.

It's so incredibly fast that the it doesn't matter. A smart player SHOULD be looking down at the screen every once in a while.

Really, do you take like 5 seconds to go "hmmmm, where should I shoot it...?" It's a snap decision.

NotLiquid

Anyone have any Blaster tips? I want to like this weapon, but it's so hard to do well mainly because of the ink coverage is so slow compared to the splatter JR I usually use.

You're not going to be covering the most Turf of your team most likely but you have every chance of turning into an invaluable asset for approaches. Think of it as a single shot Charger with a little bit of distance cut off to make up for easier shots and impact. Try to maintain straight path ways when you're inking so you can refill/go faster after every shot and try to eliminate enemies when you come across them.

Totakeke

So is there any hard data on how good the special saver stuff is? And all the special bar related perks?

http://imgur.com/a/Q7Q57

It's so incredibly fast that the it doesn't matter. A smart player SHOULD be looking down at the screen every once in a while.

Really, do you take like 5 seconds to go "hmmmm, where should I shoot it...?" It's a snap decision.

I don't spend any time making the decision. I spend time making sure I'm not a dead target while doing it. There's launching animation which you can't do anything.

Mononoke

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/Q7Q57

I don't spend any time making the decision. I spend time making sure I'm not a dead target while doing it.

This is very interesting, thanks! I hope someone compiles a spreadsheet, or some kind of overall faq on it. But this is something I was looking for. Did you find this on here? Or Reddit. I've only stayed in this thread so far (in terms of the games community).

Top Bottom