• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Updates - Hot Dog vs Marshmallow, Range Blaster, Inkbrush Nouveau

Totakeke

jvFtxLl.jpg

Greetings from the great outdoors! As soon as Camp Triggerfish was discovered, we just knew that we needed to take a Squid Research Lab company camping trip. We’ve all been in agreement about how great camping is, but have run into one little problem: we can’t seem to decide what to roast over the campfire.

Intern Milton is all like, “HOT DOGS!” and Intern Stephenie all like, “MARSHMALLOWS.” We only have so many pointy sticks to use to roast things so we’re going to need to come to an agreement on this. We’ve decided to let the next Splatfest decide for us! Head to the Pledge Board and vote Marshmallow or Hot Dog and then fight for your team from 8/7 at 9 PM PT to 8/8 at 9 PM PT.

#Splatoon #SquidLab #Nintendo #WiiU #Splatfest #Hot Dog vs Marshmallow #Team Hot Dog #Team Marshmallow

EbuywIh.png

3tGgWf3.png

g67j04z.png

Sometimes, a kid just wants to get up close and POW! Introducing the Inkbrush Nouveau, which brings the same abilities as the Inkbrush but has a different sub and special! You’ll be able to lay Ink Mines to catch your foes off guard, and then use the Bubbler when you’re ready to go in for your attack!
The Inkbrush Nouveau will be available tonight at 7 PM PT.

Z7yArc5.jpg

I8AfXZF.jpg

fEp37Sw.jpg

dt5TtX9.jpg

BREAKING NEWS - Good things must come in twos (that’s a thing, right?), because also coming to Splatoon tonight is the Range Blaster! As the name suggests, the Range Blaster is a Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. It has a lower rate of fire, but who cares when you’re taking people out from clear across the battle field!? The Range Blaster comes complete with the Splash Wall and Inkstrike.

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

mp1990

Banned
Team Hot dog all way long, and this time I'll make sure to pick my snail seals after the Splatfest, lol.

massoluk

Banned
Missed opportunity. Should be Chicago pizza vs. NY pizza.

Really wonder how Range Blaster works. It sounds like Nightmare on tower control.

dt5TtX9.jpg

This image pisses me off for some reason. Luna Blasters were asses enough and now we have to deal with THIS SHIT

Ban this now Nintendo or else I will sue

Cbajd5

but i thought there would be no more updates ever, that's why i bought all the weapons

why did the world lie to me

Sarcasm aside, I'll probably try the Range Blaster. Wish I knew how much these would cost though. I NEED MORE MONEY UNITS

also, team marshmallow

double also, what happened to the ghosts

*Enters a darkened control room and approaches the main panel*

*Wipes forehead sweat with a small cloth*

*Deep breath....hoooooooo*

*Removes a single key from jacket pocket and places into the control panel*

*Click!*

*Lifts glass lid over a single, red button*

...It is time.

*Presses the "Marie loves the wiener" button*

God save us all.

Acerac

Banned
Awesome! I had just finished buying all the weapons and polishing of the amiibo challenges in preparation of the new update, this'll give me something to mess around with in the meantime.

This game just keeps giving.

Tygamr

Ugh why does the splatfest have to be on those days? I'm out of town camping... I swear they always pick days I'm busy.

And great, a blaster that shoots even farther... I'm sure the slower rate of fire will make up for it.

Meanwhile Europe is still the last one served with Splatfests…

I wonder if they will ever make promotional Splatfests in the American/European version like in Japan. Sounds hard to do considering the number of countries involved.

Blues1990

Oh yeah, I'm so on team marshmallow. S'mores are the essential treat for the summer season.

Besides, hot dogs are one the worst processed meats on the market.

MrPanic

Oh man, new blaster with range? That thing was already the most annoying thing to deal with, so I'm not happy at all about having another version of that weapon in the game. Inkbrush with inkmines sounds interesting, will try that out.

Neoxon

Finally, another Splatfest. Perfect timing given that I'm running low on Sea Snails.

Huge missed opportunity for white ink on Team Marshmallow (something that Japan got for Team Milk Tea).

Moonlight

Banned
Still about that Marie life. Hopefully I'm actually on the winning team for once.

Helps that marshmallows are gross as hell.

EulaCapra

Team Hotdogs.

Because they didn't specify with Smores and at least with a hotdog bun, you've got yourself a filling meal.

Team marshmallow. Hot dogs are freaking disgusting.

Also, brush with bubbler? Now that's close combat frenzy.

But the range blaster comes with an splashwall..... My God.

Team Hotgod. Mystery meat FTW. I'm loving how much they're supporting this game too. Even if I am only level 12 and haven't seen it all yet.

Okay, so... after playing for hours last night and restarting the game multiple times, I've yet to see Callie and Marie report on the upcoming splatfest, and the pledge board hasn't appeared in the Plaza (despite all the Miiverse posts from people who seem to have already cast their vote). What gives? Is anyone else having this problem?

Busaiku

Marie always gets the more popular (and rightfully so) choices, I see this being no exception.
Hot Dogs all the way.
Okay, so... after playing for hours last night and restarting the game multiple times, I've yet to see Callie and Marie report on the upcoming splatfest, and the pledge board hasn't appeared in the Plaza (despite all the Miiverse posts from people who seem to have already cast their vote). What gives? Is anyone else having this problem?
Isn't it only announced a day before?

_Isaac

Awesome. I'd love to get back to this since Rocket League has been keeping me away for a bit.

#TeamWeenie

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The splatfest for Europe is kind of meh: North vs. South Pole. But we can make it more interesting by going Northern vs. Southern Europe.

Marie always gets the more popular (and rightfully so) choices, I see this being no exception.
Hot Dogs all the way.

Isn't it only announced a day before?

Maybe, but I see so many people saying Marie likes hot dogs and Callie likes marshmallows that I thought I must have missed a news update. Still no pledge board in my plaza, either.

Never mind.

Top Bottom