• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction unveiled/exposed

SuperWes

Looks like Ubisoft's beginning to show their end of the year games. Splinter Cell Conviction is going to be unveiled in the next issue of European games magazine Pelaaja, check this out. They've got the first page of the article up in pdf, but I sure can't make it out. Anyone out there speak Finnish? Anyway, here's the cover:

pelaaja56.jpg

-Wes

Tieno

They got Master Chief's height wrong, he's a full 7 feet. This splinter cell is odd numbered so it should be the good one.

rubso

Banned
Splinter Cell Conviction is going to be unveiled in the next issue of European games magazine Pelaaja
OMG, CAN'T ****ING WAIT !!!

Clipboard0234.jpg

Sam Fisher was growing some hair all that time xD

Well, I recognize Nero, Sam Fisher, Marcus Fenix, the Mass Effect dude, and the Mister Chef, but who's the last guy?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Alan Wake. God that game looks rad.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
dammitmattt said:
It's about time for the "good" Splinter Cell game to roll around!
Well, the concepts have a lot of potential, but it has never been fully realized. The limited, linear, rigid design really holds it back. I'm hoping that this new game is designed from the ground up for XBOX360 and the design is enhanced by its new platform. The original games were limited by the Unreal engine and the XBOX hardware. That should no longer be an issue and I hope their design reflects this.

Uncle

According to the pdf, the game takes place in broad daylight, but it's still a stealth game. About the plot:
They say that at the beginning of the game Sam learns that Anna Grimsdottir is in danger so Sam joins Third Echelon again in order to help. However Third Echelon is not what it used to be and in the first mission Sam gets false info and the wrong equipment, while his bosses are bickering amongst themselves about procedures, authority and such. Then Sam finds out that the threat to Anna comes from within the Third Echelon, quits and becomes a fugitive.

Uncle said:
According to the pdf, the game takes place in broad daylight, but it's still a stealth game. About the plot:
They say that at the beginning of the game Sam learns that Anna Grimsdottir is in danger so Sam joins Third Echelon again in order to help. However Third Echelon is not what it used to be and in the first mission Sam gets false info and the wrong equipment, while his bosses are bickering amongst themselves about procedures, authority and such. Then Sam finds out that the threat to Anna comes from within the Third Echelon, quits and becomes a fugitive.

sounds like reality :lol

Uncle said:
They say that at the beginning of the game Sam learns that Anna Grimsdottir is in danger so Sam joins Third Echelon again in order to help. However Third Echelon is not what it used to be due to and in the first mission Sam get false info and the wrong equipment, while his bosses are bickering amongst themselvel about procedures, authority and such. Then Sam finds out that the threat to Anna comes from within the Third Echelon, quits and becomes a fugitive.
Wait, wasn't there supposed to be something about Lambert being murdered by Sam or something, or is Ubisoft going by Double Agent's good ending/are we pretending that Splinter Cell Essentials never happened?

syllogism

I like how they say it's ONLY FOR 360 and then start the story by stating it's for PC as well. For a multiplatform magazine in a PC-centric country that's stupid.

syllogism said:
I like how they say it's ONLY FOR 360 and then start the story by stating it's for PC as well.
That's been the plan since it was announced at X06. It's a Microsoft platform-exclusive game.

Sherveen

I like how they say it's ONLY FOR 360 and then start the story by stating it's for PC as well.

PC "doesn't count" in the console wars, so the only bit that matters is "it's only for 360 and not for the PS3 or Wii".

syllogism

I AM JOHN! said:
That's been the plan since it was announced at X06. It's a Microsoft platform-exclusive game.

I mean it says that on the cover

edit: let me emphasise: PELAAJA is a multiplatform magazine in a PC-centric country

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
It should go all Shenmue 1/2 on you, and if you have a Splinter Cell DA savegame on your PS3/360 hard drive, alter the game depending on the choices that you made.

Ok, in shenmue it only saves your capsule toys but its cool.
And in GRAW 2, you can have Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six headwear if you have the saves, which is also cool.

McBacon said:
It should go all Shenmue 1/2 on you, and if you have a Splinter Cell DA savegame on your PS3/360 hard drive, alter the game depending on the choices that you made.

Ok, in shenmue it only saves your capsule toys but its cool.
And in GRAW 2, you can have Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six headwear if you have the saves, which is also cool.

Really?? Where do you find that? (Cause that's awesome.)

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Videogames: We're, like, obsessed with ridiculously tall people with guns.

Tonza

revolverjgw said:
I hope it jettisons all the extra ''features'' in Double Agent and brings it back to basics. God I love Splinter Cell.

It says that the development team thinks that Chaos Theory was a perfect "old" Splinter Cell -game. Don't know does that mean anything, because I haven't played Splinter Cells after the first one.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Ah, as a huge Splinter Cell fan, I can't wait to see what Ubi Montreal (the GOOD team) does with this one, especially since they made Chaos Theory look amazing, and now they're making a console-exclusive on the 360 - and it's funny how Sam went from being all shaved in the last one to looking "Luke"-ish now... :lol

I just hope that it comes out at a good time, and not in the middle of the thunderstorm of games...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
AltogetherAndrews said:
So Sam is now even scruffier? So much for my impossible dream of SC going back to the Chaos Theory style. :/

The article says it’s the Ubisoft Montreal team. No worries.

Tieno

Skilotonn said:
Ah, as a huge Splinter Cell fan, I can't wait to see what Ubi Montreal (the GOOD team) does with this one, especially since they made Chaos Theory look amazing, and now they're making a console-exclusive on the 360 - and it's funny how Sam went from being all shaved in the last one to looking "Luke"-ish now... :lol

I just hope that it comes out at a good time, and not in the middle of the thunderstorm of games...
Luke Fischer?:lol

Keio

For a Finer World
syllogism said:
I mean it says that on the cover

edit: let me emphasise: PELAAJA is a multiplatform magazine in a PC-centric country
Pelaaja is a multiplatform CONSOLE magazine in a country that used to be PC-centric.

syllogism

Keio said:
Pelaaja is a multiplatform CONSOLE magazine in a country that used to be PC-centric.

Oh, it may be a console magazine, but PC games are still chart toppers. 360 is lucky to have one game in top 10 and Wii/DS/PS3 never do.

edit: I see pc games have their own magazine, PC PELAAJA

Yagharek

On the slim chance anyone who can make it happen is reading - VS mode needs to be more like that in Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory rather than Double Agent. No echo location. Proper hide-and-seek.

Top Bottom