• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction unveiled/exposed

Keio

For a Finer World
syllogism said:
Oh, it may be a console magazine, but PC games are still chart toppers. 360 is lucky to have one game in top 10 and Wii/DS/PS3 never do.

edit: I see pc games have their own magazine, PC PELAAJA
I thought PC PELAAJA got axed when the guys took over the biggest _gaming_ website in Finland or something? I guess that shows that other than Sims & WoW, PC gaming isn't really the hottest ticket anymore.

But yeah, back to topic - funky cover, not just premade artwork from publishers. I like that.

Uncle

syllogism said:
Oh, it may be a console magazine, but PC games are still chart toppers. 360 is lucky to have one game in top 10 and Wii/DS/PS3 never do.

edit: I see pc games have their own magazine, PC PELAAJA

I think that PC-pelaaja went belly up already.

syllogism

Keio said:
I thought PC PELAAJA got axed when the guys took over the biggest website in Finland or something? I guess that shows that other than Sims & WoW, PC gaming isn't really the hottest ticket anymore.

But yeah, back to topic - funky cover, not just premade artwork from publishers. I like that.

I haven't read gaming magazines since 2000, but it appears to be the case. I suppose all the pc gamers read PELIT or nothing at all. Regardless, the charts don't lie, PC is still clearly the most popular platform in Finland despite your rather puzzling attempts at downloading it. I recall even Gears of War didnt crack top 3.

Keio

For a Finer World
Uncle said:
According to the pdf, the game takes place in broad daylight, but it's still a stealth game. About the plot:
They say that at the beginning of the game Sam learns that Anna Grimsdottir is in danger so Sam joins Third Echelon again in order to help. However Third Echelon is not what it used to be and in the first mission Sam gets false info and the wrong equipment, while his bosses are bickering amongst themselves about procedures, authority and such. Then Sam finds out that the threat to Anna comes from within the Third Echelon, quits and becomes a fugitive.
So should we take it that Sam's lost his faith in the government? But is it an analogy of the Democrats winning house & senate or is this the fault of mr Gonzales and the other scandals?

Interesting twist though - I'm relieved to see Splinter Cell, Call of Duty etc. reinventing last-gen series with new approaches.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
looking at that cover, something sticks out...

aren't spartans like over 7' tall in their mjolnir armor?
Yes...but that's a multiplayer model. I guess that could make a difference?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wow I know very few mags got early SCC info. This one must have good connections.

Keio

For a Finer World
Seems that they actually had a different cover for subscribers (screencap from their forums):

Grifter

Keio said:
So should we take it that Sam's lost his faith in the government? But is it an analogy of the Democrats winning house & senate or is this the fault of mr Gonzales and the other scandals?

It's an analogy for Ubi's accelerated dev/QA process.

They're basing his new look on you.

I find that the scruffier the gamer, the better groomed the virtual loli avatar.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fallout-NL said:
I hope it's the sequel the first splinter cell deserves.

You aren't acknowledging Chaos Theory?

Orlics

Troidal said:
Wow isn't it a bit early to reveal Splinter Cell 5? Double Agent just came out last year!

It's being done by Ubisoft Montreal. Ubisoft Shanghai did SC:DA. As mentioned like ten times in this thread.

recklessmind said:
You aren't acknowledging Chaos Theory?

Well, generally I tend not to bother with quick cash in sequels. I tried a demo for Double Agent for instance, which confirmed my supsicions.

I'll wait for the 'a' dev team's stuff.

Thoren

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
Well, generally I tend not to bother with quick cash in sequels. I tried a demo for Double Agent for instance, which confirmed my supsicions.

Chaos Theory was vastly superior to the original

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fallout-NL said:

You're way off. SP:CT was the "A" dev team. It's the even-numbered games that were done by the crap dev.

SC:pT and SC: DA were the even-numbered crappy games.

By skipping Chaos Theory, you missed out on one of the best games of last gen.

Shake Appeal ranks the Splinter Cell games:

4. Pandora Tomorrow (7/10)
3. Double Agent (8/10)
2. Splinter Cell (8/10)
1. Chaos Theory (9/10)

Foil

Fallout-NL said:

What? Chaos Theory on Xbox/PC was the best Splinter Cell game yet. By far.

Chaos Theory is the best in the series, and the online/split-screen mission-based co-op introduced in that installment (and dropped from the 360/PS3 Double Agent) is great. I've got faith in Montreal and my hopes are high.

RumFore

Banned
Tieno said:
They got Master Chief's height wrong, he's a full 7 feet. This splinter cell is odd numbered so it should be the good one.

Master Chief I thought had to be no taller than 5'4. He is very short and stumpy,

GFord

Ubisoft's really starting to milk the Splinter Cell franchise...how many is that in the last 5 year's now?

Maggot9

Banned
I hope I age the same way Sam does in these SC games.

In the first game he was greying, now he's got a full head of naturally coloured hair.

Anyone remember the leaked artwork for this game? It looked so good!

Train station, a big city and so on. Damn this one is going to rock!

edit

44368.jpg

44367.jpg

44366.jpg

44365.jpg

yummy! Guess i was wrong about the train station

Odrion

Banned
Next game you'll play a younger agent who has to kill him.

But really, Double Agent ****ed up all interest of the franchise.
Lambert and Sam's daughter dying has a vain attempt to make the story more dark.
Although it does look cool in a potential Bourne Identity thriller sort.

Xrenity

Holy shit, Sam looks awesome.

Still need/want to play Double Agent.

And, as mentioned, they should indeed use Assassin's Creed's engine.

Top Bottom