• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Conviction unveiled/exposed

Looks pretty decent. I liked Double Agent's campaign which apparently isn't a very popular opinion. This game looks to have a similar gameplay aesthetic.

Hammer24

Banned
Am I the only one turned off by this screens? SC has always been one of my favorite franchises. What happened to the stealty movement, the hightech gadgets etc.?
I do not want a silly Hitman clone!

Hammer24 said:
Am I the only one turned off by this screens? SC has always been one of my favorite franchises. What happened to the stealty movement, the hightech gadgets etc.?
I do not want a silly Hitman clone!
do you remember first shots of DA ( prison-break like ? ) stealth seems lost too..
it will have both, night and daylight mission (not so stealth )

Hunter D

Can't believe people think Sam looks like snake. His style of dress reminds me of Jack Bauer. He has a messenger bag.

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
do you remember first shots of DA ( prison-break like ? ) stealth seems lost too..
it will have both, night and daylight mission (not so stealth )

A ninja under daylight is still a ninja.
It exists many ways to use stealth and do not forget for what reasons the Scimitar Engine has been created (Assassin's Creed Engine).

PnCIa

The lighting looks stunning, but I´m a little worried about the texture art. Doesn´t seem to match the lighting in terms of realism.

PleoMax

Banned
tiong_fi said:
Here are a few quick shots I took with a camera (I don't have a scanner, unfortunately)

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Larger versions available here

Holy ****.

Thoren

Banned
Ooh I love the urban setting. I can just imagine how some parts of the game will play. A cop grabs your shoulder and asks "What the hell are you doing here?!" then you grab and judo throw him 10 feet into a hot dog vendor.

PleoMax

Banned
My dream is still to see one of these characters (Sam fisher, Snake) doing some true combat shit. Like what you see in a movie like Bourne Identity or some shit.

Where you can really **** someone up with your bare hands.

Uncle

PleoMax said:
My dream is still to see one of these characters (Sam fisher, Snake) doing some true combat shit. Like what you see in a movie like Bourne Identity or some shit.

Where you can really **** someone up with your bare hands.

Heh, in the mag they say that the devs are trying to make the fighting similar to the fights in the Bourne movies.

looks nice....but god damn does the main character look hillarious hahah....really intimidating

engine looks like it could be running on a smaller scale more detailed version of GTA IV engine....they are definitely not going for realism of graphics, looks way different from previous efforts...hopefully they will switch up the gameplay accordingly. Actually its probably running on the assassins creed engine...Still FAR more interested in that game.

peace

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Now this is the result of having the A team + building it from scratch exclusively for one console... it looks sweet!

pringles said:
WOW.
The "old" SC gameplay was imo perfected in Chaos Theory, nice to see that they're trying to do something new.

It'd be a whole lot nicer to see them continue along the "perfected" path and simply improve on immersion and methods of progression. This hobo shit can bite me.

Skilotonn said:
Now this is the result of having the A team + building it from scratch exclusively for one console... it looks sweet!

Splinter Cell DA looked pretty damned impressive in previews as well.

antiloop

Robinspain said:
As far as I know Splinter Cell Conviction is only timed-exclusive for the xbox360 (I think, maybe I'm wrong, 6 months)

Nope MS paid for it to be exclusive to 360 (and PC).

Looks awesome btw, the graphics.

Orlics

Robinspain said:
As far as I know Splinter Cell Conviction is only timed-exclusive for the xbox360 (I think, maybe I'm wrong, 6 months)

If so, I hope they focus on the PS3 version only AFTER they release the 360 one.

stop brining in the ps3 shit in here guys. Peter Moore said Splinter Cell 5 will be 360 exclusive

who would want a SC game on PS3 after double agent? :lol

Skilotonn said:

I think its just their A team...from the scans, it doesnt look better than AC...both look very nice

peace

Speevy

Banned
Robinspain said:

Yeah there have been no announcements to that effect. It's a strong possibility though, as no PS2 version of Splinter Cell was announced until after the Xbox release.

Thoren

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
looks nice....but god damn does the main character look hillarious hahah....really intimidating

He looks like that crazy guy at the supermarket that can't decide which can of beans to buy, and if you try to talk to him he starts screaming unintelligible gibberish at you.

nelsonroyale said:
Actually its probably running on the assassins creed engine...Still FAR more interested in that game.

peace

Your personal interest in Assassin's Creed has nothing to do with Splinter Cell Conviction. Why are you sharing such irrelevant information? And peace? I'm not your homedawg, bro. If English isn't your second language you got som splainin to do.

Uncle

Robinspain said:

If that's true then I'm interested to see how it will look like, since the game sounds heavily optimized for the 360. In the mag one of the 3d-programmers say that had they made the game with the PS3 in mind as well, they would have had to significantly simplify the lighting. He does add that he can't say what the game would've looked like, had they made it a PS3 exclusive.

Speevy said:
Yeah there have been no announcements to that effect. It's a strong possibility though, as no PS2 version of Splinter Cell was announced until after the Xbox release.

Well, those versions weren't officially announced to be exclusive either. I'd be surprised to see this announced for the PS3, which in itself is surprising seeing as how it's a Ubisoft game.

Keio

For a Finer World
snack said:
What are you talking about? Is that in the article! If so, then that is really impressive.
Just read the article. Yeah - the game runs on Unreal Engine 2, believe it or not. But it's been pretty much totally rewritten.

Ryuuga

Banned
Ranger X said:
Subpar indeed.
What was the idea? Reaching more of a painting look?

Nope. It was due to noise removal. I used a luminace and since the image was lossless to begin with, that's how it turned out. It is from a magazine.

Doom_Bringer said:
nice work Ryuuga

Thank you.

Scotch

Wow, I really like it. Looks like they threw the concept completely around, which is exactly what I hoped for. I totally dig the new artstyle as well. This is the first time I'm looking forward to a Splinter Cell game since 2002.

Thoren said:
He looks like that crazy guy at the supermarket that can't decide which can of beans to buy, and if you try to talk to him he starts screaming unintelligible gibberish at you.

Your personal interest in Assassin's Creed has nothing to do with Splinter Cell Conviction. Why are you sharing such irrelevant information? And peace? I'm not your homedawg, bro. If English isn't your second language you got som splainin to do.

ahhaha, you seem to be under some misconception, 'peace' is not a phrase used to communicate with your 'homeboy' etc (you ain't a guy judging by your avatar anyway, right?), its a general term of 'sign out' and its used for no other reason than that I feel like it.

As for the game comparison, or opinion, I see your own opinions all over the forum...just like everyone elses...no big deal...still, this looks much more interesting than previous Sc to me. Great that they are taking it in a new direction!

peace ma crunk ass homegirl nizzle from da west side, ballin all day all night bitch

Top Bottom