• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Nachos

JNqUiwQ.jpg

HARK, MORTALS! Before you lies hallowed ground, the likes of which may only be passed if you have completed Dangan Ronpa 2's harrowing tale!

mJneihW.jpg

Should my Dark Devas of Destruction weigh your experience with the game and deem you wanting, or find you lack a Hell Found Earring, neither I nor these fearsome arbiters can ensure safe passage. You may soon discover that spoilers are ravenous beasts, indeed, with no qualms over sparing you any quarter!

J1MPjvn.jpg

Now, if you fancy yourself capable of braving such sights, I will not deign to halt your advance. You may proceed with Cham-P's blessing!

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg

A1kSLBv.jpg
P3mKdSG.jpg

P3mKdSG.jpg

P3mKdSG.jpg

s3Wvq5x.jpg

...May I don the unholy garb now?

---

Some School Rules (Guidelines):
  1. Spoilers for this game's ending should stay here. If you have completed this game, don't post your impressions in the main OT for 1 or 2, or the spoiler thread for 1, for that matter. Even though we're all grateful to NISA for releasing both games this year, that also means that everyone will have had comparatively less time to play through the titles. Don't assume that everyone is on the same page.
  2. Even though Dangan Ronpa If is unlocked by beating DR2's story mode, that is not free-game, as it is technically a separate work. You may discuss it, but please make proper use of spoiler tags. Some people might be interested in discussing the plot of the second game before jumping into the light novel.
  3. On that note, discussing Dangan Ronpa Zero should be treated the same way. Although it covers story events that lead up to DR2 and was released prior to it, it still has no official release outside Japan. Pay your fellow GAFers some courtesy and get tagging!
  4. The soothing tones of Ibuki Mioda are required daily listening. Failure to adhere to this rule is punishable by death.

jjAexCo.jpg

Nachos

fuck mikan tsumiki
Worse than Saiyonji.

Oh yeah, does this seem okay? I added the
label because I heard some people accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread for 1 when they meant to go to the general thread. It's a bit redundant, but this method seemed like a decent way to clear up confusion.

This is the first OT-ish thread I've made, though, so if anyone has any suggestions for what to add, feel free to let me know.

kewlmyc

Can you tastes the hope?

I adored Komaeda, but I can understand why people might not like him.

Also yeah, fuck Mikan and Saionji. If they do revive everyone, I'm pretty sure they're going to have to lock up both Mikan and Komaeda for being to batshit insane.

Nachos

Can you tastes the hope?

Also yeah, fuck Mikan and Saionji. If they do revive everyone, I'm pretty sure they're going to have to lock up both Mikan and Komaeda for being to batshit insane.

Komaeda is like the human equivalent of a natural disaster. Almost inexplicable, and you could basically describe his relationship with the other characters in terms of him "happening" to everyone else. There was almost a magnificent beauty to how he worked, but he always left everyone else worse for the wear.

And yeah, I'd be interested in seeing how everyone copes if they don't manage to become normal after getting revived. Hinata seemed fine at the end, but who knows what would happen if the other members of the ultimate despair weren't so lucky?

PK Gaming

WE ARE IN THIS

ASFHAFH

WOOHOO

SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT

YEAHHHHHHHH

Komaeda is like the human equivalent of a natural disaster. Almost inexplicable, and you could basically describe his relationship with the other characters in terms of him "happening" to everyone else. There was almost a magnificent beauty to how he worked, but he always left everyone else worse for the wear.

And yeah, I'd be interested in seeing how everyone copes if they don't manage to become normal after getting revived. Hinata seemed fine at the end, but who knows what would happen if the other members of the ultimate despair weren't so lucky?

We don't about their mental/physical state, but their lives are irrevocably fucked in the real world now. They're wanted criminals who helped kickstart the downfall of humanity (in addition to destroying human lives among countless other atrocities). That didn't change after their rehabilitation; I think it's safe to say that they'll probably spend the rest of their lives on island...There's no going back to their regular lives: Mioda won't go back to being a rockstar, Nidai won't coach ever again, Sonia will never be a princess again, etc...

I can see them living normal (possibly even happy) lives on the island, cut off from the rest of the world. Presumably Hinata will keep in touch with Naegi for supplies and such.

I think I wanted to collapse after seeing this....
20130808192430!Nekomaru_Nidai_1.jpg

After having found Mioda and Saionji dead and then finding out that tsumiki was the killer for that chapter I though that would be the end of it, and then this happened.
Chapter 3 was completely messes with your head with how everything goes in that chapter.

kewlmyc

WE ARE IN THIS

ASFHAFH

WOOHOO

SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT

YEAHHHHHHHH

We don't about their mental/physical state, but their lives are irrevocably fucked in the real world now. They're wanted criminals who helped kickstart the downfall of humanity (in addition to destroying human lives among countless other atrocities). That didn't change after their rehabilitation; I think it's safe to say that they'll probably spend the rest of their lives on island...There's no going back to their regular lives: Mioda won't go back to being a rockstar, Nidai won't coach ever again, Sonia will never be a princess again, etc...

I can see them living normal (possibly even happy) lives on the island, cut off from the rest of the world. Presumably Hinata will keep in touch with Naegi for supplies and such.
It's such a bittersweet end. It's also very sad to know that all the characters you grew to love throughout the game were all a bunch of murderous scumbags.

PK Gaming

It's such a bittersweet end. It's also very sad to know that all the characters you grew to love throughout the game were all a bunch of murderous scumbags.
Hinata_%2815%29.png

This was my reaction, no joke. It just took everything and flipped it. Like, woah...

That's the one spoiler that would completely ruin SDR2. I seriously pity the people who were spoiled about that facet of the game.

yeah but imagine the looks on their faces when they wake up and see mangled bits of junko enoshima shoddily fixed to their body

the fact that they were ultimate despair became pretty obvious to me around case 3 or so, but i thought it still managed to become a very effective twist when they went into what fucking shitty people they all are and how badly they fucked up their lives and the world around them

like, think about teruteru's pleas for information about his mother with knowledge that he probably fucking murdered her

Nachos

I think I wanted to collapse after seeing this....
20130808192430!Nekomaru_Nidai_1.jpg

After having found Mioda and Saionji dead and then finding out that tsumiki was the killer for that chapter I though that would be the end of it, and then this happened.
Chapter 3 was completely messes with your head with how everything goes in that chapter.

The moment that happened, I was worried that he would become the second coming of Ishimaru. He lasted a bit longer and went down with some more dignity, but it was a bummer to see him be the victim of the very next case.

yeah but imagine the looks on their faces when they wake up and see mangled bits of junko enoshima shoddily fixed to their body

the fact that they were ultimate despair became pretty obvious to me around case 3 or so, but i thought it still managed to become a very effective twist when they went into what fucking shitty people they all are and how badly they fucked up their lives and the world around them

like, think about teruteru's pleas for information about his mother with knowledge that he probably fucking murdered her

Yeah, I was the same. I was partially spoiled in the sense that I read that transplants were involved with a character (though not what was transplanted, who received it, or if there were multiple characters involved). I predicted it might have a similar plot twist to another manga series that ended the year the PSP version of 2 did, with a group of students receiving transplants, all from another character, being consumed by despair, and then having a chance at rehabilitation. Lo and behold, I was right, though the specific ending details weren't quite the same. I just find it funny that two stories basically had the exact same plot twist and came out the same year.

Rocksxp

Neo Member
fuck mikan tsumiki

Mikan didn’t even have a decent fucking execution. It was just fan service, which I guess was the point of her character but it still pissed me off.

Komaeda was a great adversary but he just screams creepy fan base.

If they do revive everyone, I'm pretty sure they're going to have to lock up both Mikan and Komaeda for being to batshit insane.
I have no idea what Naegi was thinking leaving batshit insane Komaeda on the island.

I thought it was going to suck tbh even though my favorite character at that was Nidai, but nope they pulled that shit off great.

komaeda is awful souda is awful

hanamura is best every girl is best
I felt so bad for Hanamura when you learn he got manipulated by that crazy douchebag.

They did not put any effort into the alternate executions huh.
And then Hinata was paper.
C’mon what the fuck.

PK Gaming

SDR2 doesn't have any alternate executions. Those were from an unofficial doujin.

Also, it's worth noting that even if Komaeda wakes up, he will probably going die due to his numerous lymphomas/frontotemporal dementia.

They did not put any effort into the alternate executions huh.
And then Hinata was paper.
C’mon what the fuck.

Well the paper one makes sense since it erases his identity (which is made up anyway).

Anyway, I hope in DR3 they don't tell us if they revived the comatose characters from SDR2 or not. I wasn't all that thrilled about finding that hope spot existed at the end of SDR2. Kinda felt it cheapen everything even if the whole island twist was pretty great. Not one way related to how DR1's dead characters are dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.

kewlmyc

Crappy cam pictures from the artbook I own.

In the second picture, Toko is looking at Togami while Jill is looking at Twogami. Can't really tell from the shot I took.

Also, Mikan's execution is the worst in the series hands down.

still not sure how i feel about the whole "hey they're not actually dead" thing yet
like, i always thought that the finality behind the deaths in the first game was really neat, so i don't love that they've kinda taken that away
i guess i'll reserve judgement until i see if/how they make use of that fact in the future

speaking of future stuff, i hope that another episode ends up involving apprehending the remnants of ultimate despair
having the DR2 students in their despair forms be boss battles would be rad

PK Gaming

Crappy cam pictures from the artbook I own.

In the second picture, Toko is looking at Togami while Jill is looking at Twogami. Can't really tell from the shot I took.

Also, Mikan's execution is the worst in the series hands down.

Oh, i've been thinking of buying that artbook

How is it? Supposedly DanganRonpa 1+2 reloaded is like 500 pages, and it contains detailed write ups on the main characters (though it's all in japanese...)

Is it worth the buy?

speaking of future stuff, i hope that another episode ends up involving apprehending the remnants of ultimate despair

Haha, this absolutely needs to happen.

kewlmyc

How is it? Supposedly DanganRonpa 1+2 reloaded is like 500 pages, and it contains detailed write ups on the main characters (though it's all in japanese...)

Is it worth the buy?
Hell yeah. EVERYTHING is in this. Interviews, beta drawings of the executions, all artwork ever created for the two games, even how each character feels about each other. Only bad thing is that I can't understand a word of it.

Is it worth the buy?

It's very worth it. A lot cheaper than buying the two artbooks individually and it contains a whole bunch more information about Danganronpa 1 than its own artbook did.

Nachos

Well the paper one makes sense since it erases his identity (which is made up anyway).

Anyway, I hope in DR3 they don't tell us if they revived the comatose characters from SDR2 or not. I wasn't all that thrilled about finding that hope spot existed at the end of SDR2. Kinda felt it cheapen everything even if the whole island twist was pretty great. Not one way related to how DR1's dead characters are dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.

still not sure how i feel about the whole "hey they're not actually dead" thing yet
like, i always thought that the finality behind the deaths in the first game was really neat, so i don't love that they've kinda taken that away
i guess i'll reserve judgement until i see if/how they make use of that fact in the future

That part really irked me. It definitely seemed like a case where they wanted to have their cake and easy it, too. Having everything happen in a virtual world would have presented more opportunities to cheapen the deaths, but adding the coma aspect seemed like a decent way to keep it. The only thing now is their specific implementation presents some ambiguity (and not necessarily the good kind), which can be treated any number of ways.

I might be fine with it if it's done in service to the plot of future games, but only if it doesn't completely invalidate what happened in 2. If not, then I'd prefer it if they don't mention their fates again and just leave things up in the air.

Oh yeah, what does everyone think will happen for the localization for 2? It's very clearly rooted in a ton of Japanese culture, and considering that they felt the need to change Sho to Jack, I'm still interested in seeing how all of that was treated. Well, that and some real localization pains, like the arcade machine code (the one in the SA translation wasn't actually in the game, because the original phrase is fiendishly difficult to convert to English).

Oh yeah, what does everyone think will happen for the localization for 2? It's very clearly rooted in a ton of Japanese culture, and considering that they felt the need to change Sho to Jack, I'm still interested in seeing how all of that was treated. Well, that and some real localization pains, like the arcade machine code (the one in the SA translation wasn't actually in the game, because the original phrase is fiendishly difficult to convert to English).
For the arcade code, they might just use the Konami Code, you know up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a. Since that is a pretty well known video game reference and well all know that Namai is a gamer, so it wouldn't be out of place to use that instead.

PK Gaming

For the arcade code, they might just use the Konami Code, you know up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a. Since that is a pretty well known video game reference and well all know that Namai is a gamer, so it wouldn't be out of place to use that instead.

But would someone like Kuzuryuu know that? I wish they'd just reuse dull start, since it's so clever, but that'll never happen...

i just want to see how the localization handles ibuki
like, just ibuki in general

but especially the song

Hopefully they localize the song. If they don't, heads will roll...

Nachos

I was telling PK about this earlier, but the problem isn't that they need any ol' code; it's that they need a phrase that can be interpreted multiple ways. In Japanese, the phrase that gets displayed can mean either "you were mistaken" or "press down five times." Both phrases use the exact same syllables and in the same order, too. Usually it would would use kanji so you wouldn't misread it, but it was written entirely in hiragana, which is the equivalent in English of writing everything lowercase and with no spaces kindoflikethis.

The example I gave PK was something like speedofart.com. You could read it as "speed of art," but some people might be predisposed towards reading it entirely differently. Plus, in certain contexts, you'll naturally assume it's meant to read one way instead of the other. The reason why I think I prefer the original version is that it's a language pun and not something inherent to video games. That makes it a little more plausible for Kuzuryuu to solve it before anyone else.

But would someone like Kuzuryuu know that? I wish they'd just reuse dull start, since it's so clever, but that'll never happen...

Hopefully they localize the song. If they don't, heads will roll...

I'd say that DULL START suffers that to an extent, too, since someone who doesn't play a ton of games might not make that connection.

And yeah, that's why I'm pulling for someone like Laura Bailey to land Ibuki, or maybe Cristina Vee. They've got the singing chops to pull it off.

arue

Wow I didn't even know this thread exists! Now we can finally share Ibuki's glorious-ness together!

fuck mikan tsumiki

This. I liked her more than Nanami until chapter 3 trial. Poor Ibuki and Saionji :(

I'm also mad that Tsumiki didn't suffer a gory execution.

PK Gaming

Chotto matte kudasai!!!

Tsumiki_%288%29.png

I was on the Tsumiki hate train too, but her Free Time events + the fact that she's SHSL Despair makes her a bit more sympathetic.

arue

Chotto matte kudasai!!!

Tsumiki_%288%29.png

I was on the Tsumiki hate train too, but her Free Time events + the fact that she's SHSL Despair makes her a bit more sympathetic.

I haven't seen most of the free time events yet, so I can hold my judgement after I watched all of them.

But, I have that hate/like relationship with Tsumiki and Komaeda, because:
  • Tsumiki is so sweet and shy, I like that side of her. But her despair side is just... (ಠ益ಠ)
  • Komaeda is smart and tricky, but he actually did almost the right thing by killing himself so everyone could be trapped in the game. Besides, he reminds me of evil Naegi. I actually grew to like him at the end, especially when the 11037 password comes up (That part was just soo good).

PK Gaming

I haven't seen most of the free time events yet, so I can hold my judgement after I watched all of them.

But, I have that hate/like relationship with Tsumiki and Komaeda, because:
  • Tsumiki is so sweet and shy, I like that side of her. But her despair side is just... (ಠ益ಠ)
  • Komaeda is smart and tricky, but he actually did almost the right thing by killing himself so everyone could be trapped in the game. Besides, he reminds me of evil Naegi. I actually grew to like him at the end, especially when the 11037 password comes up (That part was just soo good).

Her Free Time events are pretty heavy.

To sum it up, Tsumiki's been dealing with severe abuse for a very long time, and it's screwed her up pretty badly. No, "screwed up" is a major understatement, Tsumiki Mikan is a mess. She is incapable of of engaging in a normal conversation with her another person, and is desperate for acceptance/attention. She's willing to do anything to keep a person's attention. That means stripping, eating bugs, letting people draw on her... anything you can think of really, she'll let anyone do anything to her, as long as it doesn't involve outright killing her. It's heavily implied that the humiliating sexual poses she ends up are done on purpose for attention. It also explains why she's constantly apologizing too. She desperately tries to avoid offending people because it means they're more likely to spend time with her.

Her main motivation for becoming a SHSL Health care committee member stems from the fact she enjoys having people depend on her. She gains their complete devotion and attention, and it results in her immense joy. It's really tragic when you think about, because it's something she doesn't have the luxury of ordinarily experiencing in everyday life. She presumably didn't receive any love from her family or friends... she had to make due with a momentary connection with her patients. Her current self is the result of years of constant abuse + nobody stepping in and offering support/love. It's no wonder that she was coaxed into joining SHSL. Junko gave her the one thing she craved the most, and her past experiences made her really susceptible to being corrupted.

EDIT: She was abused to a degree where she compares her life before coming to the island and considers her current life "heaven" by comparison... FUCK.

As for Komaeda, I don't really have the energy to talk about him at atm, but I think he's pretty much the most interesting character in the entire game.

They're all SHSL Despair though.

Yes, and that's precisely why I think the hate for her is overblown. Knowing her circumstances made it easier to swallow her yandere killing spree. She's a killer, but she's also a victim too.

arue

*Tsumiki's free time events*

Yes, and that's precisely why I think the hate for her is overblown. Knowing her circumstances made it easier to swallow her yandere killing spree. She's a killer, but she's also a victim too.

I understand how you feel now. It's also interesting that
she's doing those embarrassing poses on purpose. I wouldn't expect that from an innocent-looking girl like her.

(Is it even necessary to put spoiler tags for free time events? I mean, if you already finished the main story, then it shouldn't be that big of a spoiler right?)

kewlmyc

To sum it up, Tsumiki's been dealing with severe abuse for a very long time, and it's screwed her up pretty badly. No, "screwed up" is a major understatement, Tsumiki Mikan is a mess. She is incapable of of engaging in a normal conversation with her another person, and is desperate for acceptance/attention. She's willing to do anything to keep a person's attention. That means stripping, eating bugs, letting people draw on her... anything you can think of really, she'll let anyone do anything to her, as long as it doesn't involve outright killing her. It's heavily implied that the humiliating sexual poses she ends up are done on purpose for attention. It also explains why she's constantly apologizing too. She desperately tries to avoid offending people because it means they're more likely to spend time with her.

Her main motivation for becoming a SHSL Health care committee member stems from the fact she enjoys having people depend on her. She gains their complete devotion and attention, and it results in her immense joy. It's really tragic when you think about, because it's something she doesn't have the luxury of ordinarily experiencing in everyday life. She presumably didn't receive any love from her family or friends... she had to make due with a momentary connection with her patients. Her current self is the result of years of constant abuse + nobody stepping in and offering support/love. It's no wonder that she was coaxed into joining SHSL. Junko gave her the one thing she craved the most, and her past experiences made her really susceptible to being corrupted.

EDIT: She was abused to a degree where she compares her life before coming to the island and considers her current life "heaven" by comparison... FUCK.

As for Komaeda, I don't really have the energy to talk about him at atm, but I think he's pretty much the most interesting character in the entire game.

The circumstances as to why she ended up how she is are understandable. How she could become some sort of huge evil chick just because of her dedication to the one person who actually paid attention to her is understandable, but she killed Ibuki. Why...

Also, did the cast treat her like shit as well before they became SHSL Despair? Why would she latch on to Junko as hard as she did if she was friends with Ibuki and Koizumi?

Regardless of the fact that she has a reason for being an awful human being, I just thought she was super boring. Pretty much all interaction with her boiled down to two jokes: "S-SUMIMASEN" and "OH NO I SEEM TO HAVE FOUND MYSELF IN AN EMBARRASSING POSE UWAH". The first one could occasionally be kinda funny depending on who she played off of, but the latter was just... ugh. And man, it felt like they ran those jokes thin. She was more or less a two note character up until her turn in the third trial, which didn't do anything for me either.

so all in all i'd probably group her with hifumi in the "jokes i never really found funny" category.

edit: oh, I feel like I might be coming across as kinda negative but there are so many characters I liked a lot that I just kinda feel like picking on one of the ones I didn't like at all

PK Gaming

The circumstances as to why she ended up how she is are understandable. How she could become some sort of huge evil chick just because of her dedication to the one person who actually paid attention to her is understandable, but she killed Ibuki. Why...

Also, did the cast treat her like shit as well before they became SHSL Despair? Why would she latch on to Junko as hard as she did if she was friends with Ibuki and Koizumi?

It's because SHSL Despair had conspired to help Junko before they entered the game.
ENOSHIMA JUNKO: You yourselves volunteered to be my tools, and entered the New World Program willingly ...
ENOSHIMA JUNKO: To give me one more chance to finally settle “the battle between hope and despair” ...
ENOSHIMA JUNKO: So all that SHSL Despair killing SHSL Despair - was planned by SHSL Despair themselves!
ENOSHIMA JUNKO: Ooh, Naegi-kun’s despair-filled face at realizing he’s been caught in a trap is soooooo hot ...
ENOSHIMA JUNKO: It’s totes despair-licious! The bastards you came to rescue were the ones who dreamt up this mess in the first place!
KUZURYUU FUYUHIKO: S-stop blaming everything on us!
ENOSHIMA JUNKO: Thank you~! Senpais, it’s all thanks to you! I really think I’m gonna be able to despairify them this time-!

So the victim is irrelevant and the killer is (mostly) irrelevant. Anyone who got their memories back would try to kill someone and then avoid being caught to ensure the maximum of amount deaths for Junko. As for your second question, Tsumiki states that Junko was the only person who truly loved her. (Knowing Junko, it was probably a lie but...)

EDIT: Straight from the horse's mouth

Mikan Tsumiki: Only that person... it was only that person... that's right, only that person... didn't hate me. They forgave my existence. They allowed me and accepted me. They gave me worth. They loved me. They loved me with their entire being, and I returned their love with my entire being. This is... "my compenstation".

Regardless of the fact that she has a reason for being an awful human being, I just thought she was super boring. Pretty much all interaction with her boiled down to two jokes: "S-SUMIMASEN" and "OH NO I SEEM TO HAVE FOUND MYSELF IN AN EMBARRASSING POSE UWAH". The first one could occasionally be kinda funny depending on who she played off of, but the latter was just... ugh. And man, it felt like they ran those jokes thin. She was more or less a two note character up until her turn in the third trial, which didn't do anything for me either.

so all in all i'd probably group her with hifumi in the "jokes i never really found funny" category.

edit: oh, I feel like I might be coming across as kinda negative but there are so many characters I liked a lot that I just kinda feel like picking on one of the ones I didn't like at all

I felt that way myself at one point, and I only started liking her after the fact. That said, I don't consider her a joke character. Remember, she's doing these things on purpose for attention. Her antics aren't supposed to funny. We're not supposed to look at Tsumiki and say "Oh man, she's such a hot clutz, haha." Instead, it's more of "What the fuck is wrong with this person?" The fact that her constant humiliating poses annoyed you means they succeeded. Tsumiki's a subversion on the obnoxious "sexy, moe anime girl" trope and she does a good job at making you feel uncomfortable.

So is sexykuma gonna be a regular part of these things? Because I'm totally ok with that.
tumblr_inline_n0gq435sp01qgdj69.gif

Hinata_%2815%29.png

This was my reaction, no joke. It just took everything and flipped it. Like, woah...

That's the one spoiler that would completely ruin SDR2. I seriously pity the people who were spoiled about that facet of the game.

Seriously, stuff like finding out Junko returns might be a big one, but this is THE major spoiler of the game. I seriously look forward to the reactions to this the most.

Sure beats the one I saw on Pixiv at least (Hinata is turned into cider or something, wat)

That's pretty much how I feel about all the characters really. Sure at this point they've committed many horrible actions that simply can't be redeemed, but at the same time the root of it all is Junko. Were it not for her everyone would still be "regular" high school students. Sure what Hope's Peak was doing with the Izuru Kamukura thing and the reserve students was still shitty and would've likely sparked something anyways, but it certainly wouldn't have been world-ending anarchy.

Anyways, one of my favorite fridge logics from this game is that all the executions of DR1 were created by SHSL Despair, right? Well, let's think for a moment who was the most likely person to have build them.

Souda_%282%29.png

kewlmyc

It's because SHSL Despair had conspired to help Junko before they entered the game.

So the victim is irrelevant and the killer is (mostly) irrelevant. Anyone who got their memories back would try to kill someone and then avoid being caught to ensure the maximum of amount deaths for Junko. As for your second question, Tsumiki states that Junko was the only person who truly loved her. (Knowing Junko, it was probably a lie but...)

EDIT: Straight from the horse's mouth

Mikan Tsumiki: Only that person... it was only that person... that's right, only that person... didn't hate me. They forgave my existence. They allowed me and accepted me. They gave me worth. They loved me. They loved me with their entire being, and I returned their love with my entire being. This is... "my compenstation".

I felt that way myself at one point, and I only started liking her after the fact. That said, I don't consider her a joke character. Remember, she's doing these things on purpose for attention. Her antics aren't supposed to funny. We're not supposed to look at Tsumiki and say "Oh man, she's such a hot clutz, haha." Instead, it's more of "What the fuck is wrong with this person?" The fact that her constant humiliating poses annoyed you means they succeeded. Tsumiki's a subversion on the obnoxious "sexy, moe anime girl" trope and she does a good job at making you feel uncomfortable.

EDIT: Nvm.

arue

Anyways, one of my favorite fridge logics from this game is that all the executions of DR1 were created by SHSL Despair, right? Well, let's think for a moment who was the most likely person to have build them.

Souda_%282%29.png

Now that you've said it, I think I just got mindblown ._.

HE'S CIDER NOW, NO QUESTIONS!

------------------------------------------------------------

Here, have a Sailor Moon x Danganronpa crossover image

Ibuki is almost a given because of her bunny ears, Saionji looks like palette-swap Chibiusa, and Sonia looks like Sailor Venus, which is my favorite scout of all!

Also, what is this thing with Hinata being a cider? Is there a picture or a description of it?

789shadow

Banned
Is everyone here in agreement that the actions of the SHSL Despair that Fake Naegi told the 5 survivors were the ones that they themselves committed?

Is everyone here in agreement that the actions of the SHSL Despair that Fake Naegi told the 5 survivors were the ones that they themselves committed?

Pretty sure Souda is the one gunning down people, Akane is starving, Kuzuryu did the eye thing, Sonia got the ladyparts, which leaves Kamukura as the one that killed his family most likely.

789shadow

Banned
Pretty sure Souda is the one gunning down people, Akane is starving, Kuzuryu did the eye thing, Sonia got the ladyparts, which leaves Kamukura as the one that killed his family most likely.
I thought it was Hinata gunning down people, and Souda killed his family.

PK Gaming

I thought it was Hinata gunning down people, and Souda killed his family.

268px-Shsldespair.png

The gunman looks more like Souda than Hinata in this image.

Also, it was because of his parents that Hinata could go to Hopes Peak in the first place, so the fact that he turned them over to Junko is far more tragic.

arue

That ahoge LOL. It's also a 67000ml bottle? That thing must be huge!
Edit: Nvm, I just saw the whole execution. It shows Hinata being trapped in a huge bottle.

268px-Shsldespair.png

The gunman looks more like Souda than Hinata in this image.

Also, it was because of his parents that Hinata could go to Hopes Peak in the first place, so the fact that he turned them over to Junko is far more tragic.

I completely forgot about that. It's crazy that these students were able to do these things. It's also ironic that Kuzuryuu actually loses his right eye both in real life and in the game.

Top Bottom