• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

dustyherb

Is Negan still in the comics or is there a new big bad? Just wondering how long they could keep Jeffrey Dean Morgan around. Will be become a regular?
He's still around in the newest issue yes. He hasn't appeared in the comics as much as when Rick and him were fighting. But he's still alive and there is a new bad guy it's a woman.

Is Negan still in the comics or is there a new big bad? Just wondering how long they could keep Jeffrey Dean Morgan around. Will be become a regular?

Still in the comics and still very much a relevant character.

spoiler for most recent issue:
Rick has had him locked in a cell for awhile, but he just escaped with help at the end of the issue

LycanXIII

Both.
New big bad is Alpha, leader of the Whisperers. Negan was kept locked in his cell until the latest issue, 152, when a kid who tried to attack Carl and Sophia let him free, after Rick killed his dad.

I was thinking about this as well. Everyone is going to want to watch what happens after Negan bashes someone's brain out lol.

I actually wonder if we'll see who gets their head caved in. In the comics he does a eenie meenie miney mo thing, and I can imagine if they do a POV thing then it could cut to black after Negan swings the bat, then we could find out who it was in the season 7 premiere.

Otherwise a lot of people might quit the show if one of the big characters gets offed.

"I'm not in here with you... you're in here with me!"
At this point I really want them to get taken down a peg or two. In fact I honestly think they're building them up as this invincible team precisely to make the fall even harder.

I actually wonder if we'll see who gets their head caved in. In the comics he does a eenie meenie miney mo thing, and I can imagine if they do a POV thing then it could cut to black after Negan swings the bat, then we could find out who it was in the season 7 premiere.

Otherwise a lot of people might quit the show if one of the big characters gets offed.
No way. They already set the seed with the pictures. And in the leaked footage, there's more after he brings that bat down.

I just had a thought: Following Carol and Maggie (as well as the rest of the team) is how they track them back to Alexandria, isn't it? Then they'll have Abraham offed, chase Dwight away, then they'll need a little bit more time to get the rest of the men together which should take us to the finale.

No way. They already set the seed with the pictures. And in the leaked footage, there's more after he brings that bat down.

Coverage. You always shoot more than you need.

Regardless, they'll shoot it in such a way as to be engaging as possible.

dustyherb

We are going to see it. Especially after seeing the pictures on the wall they aren't going to blue ball us because it would just be stupid on their part. By the time season 7 rolls around it would be all over the Internet who gets killed because there's no way you can keep that under wraps till October.

I feel like when he initially swings its going to be a pov of whoever is getting hit. But then it's going to zoom out and we will see all the glory of Lucille. This is Greg Nicotero's time to shine and he's going to go all out for it. The season will portably end with Negan saying Ta-Ta just like the comics. Gimple and the writers cant mess this moment up it's the biggest thing to happen in the comics pretty much.

We are going to see it. Especially after seeing the pictures on the wall they aren't going to blue ball us because it would just be stupid on their part. By the time season 7 rolls around it would be all over the Internet who gets killed because there's no way you can keep that under wraps till October.

I feel like when he initially swings its going to be a pov of whoever is getting hit. But then it's going to zoom out and we will see all the glory of Lucille. This is Greg Nicotero's time to shine and he's going to go all out for it. The season will portably end with Negan saying Ta-Ta just like the comics. Gimple and the writers cant mess this moment up it's too iconic of a moment.

I guess so. I was rereading the comics and when it comes to the scenes taken from the comics they've been pretty good with lifting dialogue straight from the page (the fight in Hilltop is a good example of that).

dustyherb

I guess so. I was rereading the comics and when it comes to the scenes taken from the comics they've been pretty good with lifting dialogue straight from the page (the fight in Hilltop is a good example of that).
Ya it's pretty much cause Gimple is showrunner. He loves the comics and with this back half being so close to the comics I see no reason why Lucille would be treated any differently. This isn't a moment to really make a cliffhanger on who dies. You want the audience feeling devastated and hating Negan for what he's just done just like the comics did.

Not sure if we've discussed this in the thread but, this is kind of the equivalent of the
Red Wedding
, from Thrones, is it not?

Hah, yeah that's not a bad comparison. But in that case we knew they would follow the books and what kind of shit would hit the fan. In this case both threads could be a beautiful disaster.

In both cases I'm walking around with dread in my stomach beforehand. It's hard living with the uncertainty that a character you love is about to suffer the most brutal TV death of all time or be spared temporarily for another character.

dustyherb

If we ever do get to the current comic storyline do you guys think Rick's character is going to be as fragile as in the comics? Or is he going to remain strong for the entirety of the show? I realize that they said Rick isn't going to lose his hand like the comics. But they could still definitely do the whole leg thing and maybe make up something original just for the show to handicap him.

I really hope it does happen just because I really like the whole idea of Rick having to surround himself with strong people to protect himself. We got so much of Rick fighting and being a badass it's a nice change of pace. Plus I think it would be really cool to see Andrew Lincoln have to take on playing a brand new Rick.

LycanXIII

If we ever do get to the current comic storyline do you guys think Rick's character is going to be as fragile as in the comics? Or is he going to remain strong for the entirety of the show? I realize that they said Rick isn't going to lose his hand like the comics. But they could still definitely do the whole leg thing and maybe make up something original just for the show to handicap him.

I really hope it does happen just because I really like the whole idea of Rick having to surround himself with strong people to protect himself. We got so much of Rick fighting and being a badass it's a nice change of pace. Plus I think it would be really cool to see Andrew Lincoln have to take on playing a brand new Rick.

The could have the crossbow bolt actually make him really sick and do long term damage.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I'd be okay with them going that way eventually, and Rick having to learn how to assert power differently. And compared to the comics, TV show Rick has way more heavy hitters. Pretty much the entire inner circle in the show is super capable.

dustyherb

I'd be okay with them going that way eventually, and Rick having to learn how to assert power differently. And compared to the comics, TV show Rick has way more heavy hitters. Pretty much the entire inner circle in the show is super capable.
Not only is Rick's group way stronger in the show but Rick himself is ridiculous. I feel like comic Rick was badass but he never seemed like this unstoppable force of nature like the show version. Which honestly would make him latter becoming psychically weak even more crazy on the show.

Not only is Rick's group way stronger in the show but Rick himself is ridiculous. I feel like comic Rick was badass but he never seemed like this unstoppable force of nature like the show version. Which honestly would make him latter becoming psychically weak even more crazy on the show.

You could say tv Rick had a hand up

UberTag

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/08/final-three-the-walking-dead-season-6-episode-titles-description/
6x16 Something to Fear

ye7z1cw.gif
im hyped
The ACTUAL episode titles and descriptions for Episodes 14 & 15 have now been released...

Courtesy of spoilertv.com...

Episode 6.14 - Twice as Far
Two separate groups leave Alexandria for supplies, and while both worry over the future of the community, they will face immediate danger.

Episode 6.15 - East
When someone goes missing in Alexandria, the community goes on alert, and search parties venture out.
We know from filming spoilers that the person who goes missing in 6.15 is
___Carol___

Him being an unstoppable badass is going to play into Negan's appearance. Remember his lines from the comics:

"You? How stupid do you think I am? You're practically invincible. You're missing a fucking hand for fuck's sake-- And you're the leader. What have these people seen you live through?

I bet they fucking worship you."

Obviously he's still got the hand (because it'd be a hassle to handle that every day on-set) but he's still got that air of invincibility about him. So the show has intentionally built him up so his fall at the hands of Negan can have more impact.

UberTag

Can you link me to this spoiler? I completely missed this.
Certainly... here you go.

Essentially, Daryl goes off on his own to hunt down Dwight after misfortune in the form of a crossbow to the eye befalls one of the girls in Episode 14. Glenn and Michonne go after him and wind up getting captured and gagged by the Saviors for their trouble. Rosita finds him as well leading up to the confrontation with Dwight at the end of the episode.

There are filming spoilers from Episode 14 showing Daryl, Rosita and Denise filming together so it's quite likely that they were one of the groups out looking for supplies (probably medical supplies) and my supposition is that Denise gets the crossbow hit that prompts Daryl to go out on his own.

There's an outside shot it's Tara as both her and Heath did record material post-Episode 12. Just how much and what it entailed is unclear. I'm just employing logic that what we've seen thus far in the back half of Season 6 and the fact that she's around to build rapport with Daryl in Episode 14 that Denise takes the fall.

How cool would it be if the season finale opens with Negan killing Daryl before he confronts Rick's group. Then he kill Maggie and Glenn...that would break everyone's heart. Hahaha JDM would need security because people would legit hate him

Notice Maggie bashed that woman's head in last night, with the blood splattering on the camera as she did it.

Would be cool if Negan figures out that specific kill was Maggie's and offs Glen in response to that.

UberTag

Notice Maggie bashed that woman's head in last night, with the blood splattering on the camera as she did it.

Would be cool if Negan figures out that specific kill was Maggie's and offs Glen in response to that.
I would say this largely depends on how attached he was to Paula and whether she was one of his "wives".

UberTag

Steven Yeun addresses the 'f---ing awesome' arrival of Negan on The Walking Dead - EW.com

We’re all looking forward to the appearance of the real Negan when Jeffrey Dean Morgan makes his debut as the charismatic Walking Dead villain in the season 6 finale. But if there is one person who had every right to dread his arrival, it is Steven Yeun, who plays Glenn. That’s because Negan makes his grand entrance in issue 100 of The Walking Dead comic, and that grand entrance includes bashing in Glenn’s face with his barbed wire-covered baseball bat he affectionately refers to as Lucille, killing the fan-favorite in horrific fashion.

Yeun is well aware of Glenn’s fate in the comic book, so what was it like for the actor to know that Negan was finally arriving on the show, thereby putting his own job on the highest-rated show on television in jeopardy? His answer may surprise you. “For me, his arrival is awesome,” says Yeun. “We’ve been waiting for this person for a long time, and in the comic books, he in a way brings a level of stakes that are kind of unmatched. And so, for me, for Negan to come into the show is, to say nothing less, f—ing awesome.”

I’m sorry, but SAY WHAT?!?!?!?

Of course, as we all know, showrunner Scott M. Gimple has a habit of changing things up in the TV adaptation. For instance, while Tyreese was beheaded by the Governor at the prison in the comics, in the TV version it was Hershel who ended up on the wrong side of the blade. So the deal is far from sealed when it comes to Glenn’s fate.

“I know people are going to always go, ‘Negan kills Glenn in the comics,’ but rest assured that we don’t necessarily do what’s in the comics,” says Yeun. “There’s a clear divide in the way we tell a story on television, and the way that story is told in the comics, because it has to be. And everybody will have to see what happens, but we definitely tell our story in the way that television should be told.”

Yeun and I have discussed Glenn’s fate many times often over the years, and I have argued to him that while fans have a certain expectation for one of the biggest moments ever from the comic — if not the biggest — to make it to the screen, having that moment defy expectations by changing the recipient of that deadly blow could make it even more powerful. “That’s the beauty of the adaptation,” responds Yeun. “There is something to be said about something being predictable. I’m sure there are iconic moments, but at the same time, we want to keep this show as fresh and alive as possible, and we’re going to tell that story that exists for the world we’ve created. And it is inspired by the world Robert Kirkman has created, but it’s also its own entity, to some degree. So, yeah. I mean, we’ll see what happens.”

While, of course, Yeun won’t tell us whether Glenn lives or dies, he does confirm what Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan told us — that the season finale promises to be deep, dark, and devastating. “I mean, we go for it,” says Yeun. “The thing that I can be most proud about on this show is that year after year we just continue to go for it. Whether we fail or whether we succeed, we just go for it. And things are tough. The conditions are tough. I would love for someone to come out and check out what a day of filming can be like. I could show you pictures that I took where you can see my entire leg all up the side completely covered in disgusting bruises. And that’s not just me. That’s everyone. Everyone has something happen every year. Yes, it’s brutal what happens story-wise with all the things that we try to tell near the end. But it’s also what we’ve always been going for.”

We’ll see if Yeun can continue to go for it in season 7.

Holy shit. That almost guarantee's Daryl, IMO.

Daryl is definitely a candidate but the actors and crew say stuff like this all the time and try to leave it open, keep people guessing.

If there's any reason I think it'll be Daryl is because he's going to have a lot of screen-time in these next three episodes.

someday

Banned
I can see it working. At the end of last episode, Maggie told Glenn she was done and couldn't do it anymore. This sets up her, and Glenn, moving to Hilltop and that seems to be the biggest takeaway from Glenn dying in the comics. Daryl can take the heartstrings just as well so it would still be an important character. We'll see though. It could still be Glenn and Yeun is just trying to screw with us.

UberTag

Daryl is definitely a candidate but the actors and crew say stuff like this all the time and try to leave it open, keep people guessing.

If there's any reason I think it'll be Daryl is because he's going to have a lot of screen-time in these next three episodes.
Yeah, they're going to be really Daryl-heavy.

Glenn was barely in last week's ep. Won't be in much of this week's. Will only be in the following week's ep to go looking for Daryl with Michonne before getting captured.

Traditional Walking Dead character development is to build someone up huge before killing them (as they did with Beth, Andrea, Shane, Hershel and Dale) and, despite all of the Glenn foreshadowing, you can only make the build argument for Lucille with Daryl.

On the Tara vs. Denise front for this week... I think the consensus still favors Tara. I still favor Denise. We'll see how this plays out.

If it is actually Glenn, it'll be kinda shitty to Steven Yeun imo.

He's one of the original cast, therefore if he's dying he or any of the original Atlanta Survivors should get a huge send-off season. That's just how I feel about it though.

If it is actually Glenn, it'll be kinda shitty to Steven Yeun imo.

He's one of the original cast, therefore if he's dying he or any of the original Atlanta Survivors should get a huge send-off season. That's just how I feel about it though.
No way. That's what made the moment work. Just being an original doesn't mean you're exempt from brutal unfair fates like that. And that is a huge memorable send-off. Just not in the heroic way

No way. That's what made the moment work. Just being an original doesn't mean you're exempt from brutal unfair fates like that. And that is a huge memorable send-off. Just not in the heroic way

I think it can be brutal and unfair to the character but I don't think its fair on the actor. Lets have both, significant screen-time and a shocking death.

I do think there's clear biases in the writers room though, hopefully that treat Glenn in the remaining three episodes [assuming he dies] the same say they'd treat Carol or Daryl if they were to die.

Thinking Denise will be the one to get Dwight bolted.

They have been building up Denise and Daryl's friendship this season, and while I think he would try to get revenge for any member of the group who is killed, Denise's death would exhibit much more of a reaction from Daryl than anyone else.

This also gives Daryl more motivation to go after Dwight as he could feel guilty for being partly responsible (i.e letting Dwight steal his crossbow).

UberTag

They've done a good job of keeping us in suspense on the Dwight bolt victim prior to this week.
I suspect we'll find out who goes between Denise and Tara before the weekend.

Just as I suspect we'll have clarity on Rosita's fate before next week's episode airs (although that's really more of a cliffhanger heading into finale night).

I don't believe we'll know the victim(s) of Lucille until the finale airs. Suspect they're keeping that under lock and key and I sort of hope that's the case for maximum impact.

They've done a good job of keeping us in suspense on the Dwight bolt victim prior to this week.
I suspect we'll find out who goes between Denise and Tara before the weekend.

Just as I suspect we'll have clarity on Rosita's fate before next week's episode airs (although that's really more of a cliffhanger heading into finale night).

I don't believe we'll know the victim(s) of Lucille until the finale airs. Suspect they're keeping that under lock and key and I sort of hope that's the case for maximum impact.
Cant imagine how these last few episodes are going to be for parents. They have zero comic knowledge. The finale especially, it's going to be fun watching their reactions

jaekeem

I want glenn to die

daryl is kinda boring/predictable as a character now

glenn dying would hold the same impact as it did when it happened in the comics

MBison

I want glenn to die

daryl is kinda boring/predictable as a character now

glenn dying would hold the same impact as it did when it happened in the comics

It would have had more if the show didn't do that awful Glenn died? bit from 6A. That still gnaws at me how idiotic that was.

jaekeem

I'm not disparaging the issue of diversity or anything but I wonder if the show will get hassle for killing off the only Asian character in the show.

I'm korean and I think glenn dying will, if anything, create opportunities

when have you ever heard of some massive twist or reveal in a massive market tv show involving an asian man? exactly. all publicity is good publicity.

I'm not disparaging the issue of diversity or anything but I wonder if the show will get hassle for killing off the only Asian character in the show.
Jeananne Goossen only lasted one ep.

I think the "vampire bat' is thirsty and needs more than one victim to really shock the audience. For me it's not about race it's about who dies. I think everyone would be more upset about Maggie getting to meet lucille and we kind of got a taste when Chelle took a stab at Maggie's stomach last week

Top Bottom