• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Damn, Dwight conflict and Daryl gets his crowbow back

So there goes my theory on the last page

Isn't Reedus getting a motorcycle show on AMC? Couldn't that be a sign they're killing him? As in AMC wants to keep Reedus around after Daryl dies on TWD

UberTag

As for the spoiler:
It doesn't make much sense. Abraham seemed to be killed in the comics as he was the guy with the machine gun and obviously a threat which is why he was taken out first.
Perhaps Daryl gave Denise his machine gun to hold while he was off taking a leak.

Isn't Reedus getting a motorcycle show on AMC? Couldn't that be a sign they're killing him? As in AMC wants to keep Reedus around after Daryl dies on TWD
If Rosita buys it at the end of next week's episode, he's going to have the fresh deaths of two women in his care weighing on him come Lucille time.

dustyherb

Damn, Dwight conflict and Daryl gets his crowbow back

So there goes my theory on the last page

Ya but if I'm not mistaken they filmed already in the winter. Probably to free him up so he can shoot season 7.

Don't you mean Maggie and Glenn? It's his baby too. ;)

But Glenn has to meet his new friend first

screenshot-2014-09-05-at-11-57-52-am-did-glenn-just-tweet-a-possible-walking-dead-death-spoiler-png-128952.jpg

dustyherb

Another character we don't really care about biting it. With almost no development. Lol, so used to this by now. Finale will be welcomed.
Ya I'm really hoping that someone else dies between this death and the Lucille scene. Ricks team is stacked at this point and killing Denise only hurts because they now don't have a doctor. I want some of the groups heavy hitters to bite it just to make it harder for them to fight the saviors.

Maybe two people are going to die at the Lucille scene. Idk I just feel that if Glenn gets the bat then him and Denise dying isn't enough compared to the comics. Consider in the comics it was Abe and Glenn.

UberTag

Well, there is Rosita next week. I mean, that blood spatter has to come from someone. It's either her or the Savior that's holding a gun to her back.
Considering how conspicuous her absence is from the Episode 16 filming spoilers well...

dustyherb

Well, there is Rosita next week. I mean, that blood spatter has to come from someone. It's either her or the Savior that's holding a gun to her back.
Considering how conspicuous her absence is from the Episode 16 filming spoilers well...
Ya very true it kinda sucks if she dies cause she didn't get a whole lot of development. But I'll take it just so we can get some bigger deaths finally.

Ya I'm really hoping that someone else dies between this death and the Lucille scene. Ricks team is stacked at this point and killing Denise only hurts because they now don't have a doctor. I want some of the groups heavy hitters to bite it just to make it harder for them to fight the saviors.

Maybe two people are going to die at the Lucille scene. Idk I just feel that if Glenn gets the bat then him and Denise dying isn't enough compared to the comics. Consider in the comics it was Abe and Glenn.
The real surprise is when both Glenn and Daryl get Lucille'd

UberTag

Ya very true it kinda sucks if she dies cause she didn't get a whole lot of development. But I'll take it just so we can get some bigger deaths finally.
Show's been on a rather unfortunate string of notable women deaths again. Deanna, Jessie, Denise... possibly Rosita. Even the female Saviors last week didn't exactly fare well despite chewing the scenery for a bit.

I mean, the only women I'm not really going to miss that died this season are the "find me a pasta maker" chick who died because she went outside to smoke at the wrong time and the Savior diabetic who thought it would be a good idea to hug the corpse of her friend so it could bite her.

Hopefully Negan and Lucille can change up this trend in short order.

Another character we don't really care about biting it. With almost no development. Lol, so used to this by now. Finale will be welcomed.

I care about her. I like her and while I knew she would go eventually, I didn't think it would be this soon. Hoped for more development. I think it's one of the poorer decisions they've made. :/ (I mean, discounting like, most of season 2)

If that happens then what's the point of keeping Eugene around?

Don't Eugene and her get married...and then she gets her head chopped off.

Leeness

I AM CONFLICTED.

I mean, hell YES at my girl Tara continuing to walk on.

But Denise has grown on me, it's nice seeing her on the show.

So...mixed elation and sadness.

Too bad. I liked her development over the last few episodes. Finally getting over her fears to stay calm in the midst of the siege was awesome to see.

- Choose to keep Carl out of yet another episode despite the fact that he has very new flaws now and has some of the most interesting story-telling possibilities.

- Decide to include Daryl and his crossbow man-pain.

someday

Banned
I care about her. I like her and while I knew she would go eventually, I didn't think it would be this soon. Hoped for more development. I think it's one of the poorer decisions they've made. :/ (I mean, discounting like, most of season 2)

Yep, I really liked Denise too, probably because I knew her first as Zoe. Poor Tara can't keep a woman alive at all though. That sucks. And our other gay couple seems mostly missing as well. I hardly remember what Eric looks like and Aaron hasn't mentioned him all season.

UberTag

- Choose to keep Carl out of yet another episode despite the fact that he has very new flaws now and has some of the most interesting story-telling possibilities.

- Decide to include Daryl and his crossbow man-pain.
We've had decidedly more angst and storylines developed around Daryl losing his precious crossbow and motorcycle than we have of Carl losing his eye. This seems wrong somehow.

I mean, I'd be cool with it if this is just building up to a Daryl sendoff on finale night.
But if they're just going to Lucille Glenn after teasing it for so long then yeah... all of this Daryl focus seems like a mistake.

dustyherb

I have a feeling we are going to get a lot more Carl season 7 and onwards. It doesn't excuse him being absent so much right now but as long as they maintain a strong focus on the Carl and Negan relationship I'll be happy. I know Gimple has talked how that's some of his favorite comic material so it gives me hope.

They just better not leave Carl out of the Lucille lineup. He needs to be there just like the comics.

I have a feeling we are going to get a lot more Carl season 7 and onwards. It doesn't excuse him being absent so much right now but as long as they maintain a strong focus on the Carl and Negan relationship I'll be happy. I know Gimple has talked how that's some of his favorite comic material so it gives me hope.

They just better not leave Carl out of the Lucille lineup. He needs to be there just like the comics.
Why was Carl with them in the comics? Where was Rick and co going? Dont recall atm

Filming spoilers

TSDF

11/13- Senoia, GA - Studio/ Hilltop
Episode 16

Filming: Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Abe, and Sasha (all spotted entering/leaving studio), Negan

Yet another late shoot. Some say until at least 7 am. Filming appeared to take place in the very back of the studio property where Hilltop is located.

This was the night that the leaked Lucille scene was apparently filmed. We might have lost a beloved character on this day's shoot.

dustyherb

Filming spoilers

TSDF

11/13- Senoia, GA - Studio/ Hilltop
Episode 16

Filming: Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Abe, and Sasha (all spotted entering/leaving studio), Negan

Yet another late shoot. Some say until at least 7 am. Filming appeared to take place in the very back of the studio property where Hilltop is located.

This was the night that the leaked Lucille scene was apparently filmed. We might have lost a beloved character on this day's shoot.
Hmm interesting but it also suggests Maggie isn't in the scene. Which I highly doubt they would leave her out if Glenn is there. I really hope Carl isn't left out. I swear I remember Chandler saying he thought some of his best stuff yet happened later on in this back half. Maybe he's in 15 and 16 a lot??

Hmm interesting but it also suggests Maggie isn't in the scene. Which I highly doubt they would leave her out if Glenn is there. I really hope Carl isn't left out. I swear I remember Chandler saying he thought some of his best stuff yet happened later on in this back half. Maybe he's in 15 and 16 a lot??

Other characters could be in the scene, it was just the cast that were spotted for sure.

As for Carl/Chandler: A lot for him is probably actually being present. I'm getting my expectations in check for 15/16.

Yep, I really liked Denise too, probably because I knew her first as Zoe. Poor Tara can't keep a woman alive at all though. That sucks. And our other gay couple seems mostly missing as well. I hardly remember what Eric looks like and Aaron hasn't mentioned him all season.

I know, man. Can't be a happy couple in the apocalypse unless you're in the main credits, I guess.

I am glad the crossbow death is happening. It's one of my favorite OH SHIT moments in the books, but it's gonna be rough. Daryl's gonna be torn up, too.

someday

Banned
I know, man. Can't be a happy couple in the apocalypse unless you're in the main credits, I guess.

I am glad the crossbow death is happening. It's one of my favorite OH SHIT moments in the books, but it's gonna be rough. Daryl's gonna be torn up, too.
And now we know why she had two whole scenes with him. It was purely to set him up to be upset lol.

Hershel killed by the Gov., and Beth killed by Dawn. For awhile I was thinking Negan might kill Maggie :(. Although, now it seems her ticket to Hilltop is all setup. Morgan, still seems likely too. Especially after constructing that cell. I can imagine a scene after the war where Negan provokes Rick, and the only theng between them are those bars.

ShOcKwAvE

Having seen the episode early...

The crossbow shot is pretty sudden...she keeps talking for a few seconds, which I think is similar to how it happened to Abraham in the comic? It's shot by the dude that stole it from Daryl (forget his name), and he now sports a serious burn on the left of his face, probably courtesy of Negan. He shows up with a bunch of guys and surrounds Daryl and Rosita right after the arrow shot.

They have Eugene captured (which is only explained by Abraham leaving him in a warehouse mid-episode), but luckily Abraham is hiding nearby. As soon as Eugene bites down on the burn guy's dick (and it's hilarious), Abraham opens fire and manages to distract the guys long enough for Daryl and Rosita to retrieve some guns and open fire also. The guys all retreat, but burn guy manages to get a few shots off and graze Eugene (he's fine though).

Carol leaves...sort of. She writes a letter to the guy she kissed last episode and the monologue of her words ends the episode. It's a little confusing, considering she's not in the episode much, but it probably makes sense with what happened last episode and also having to help Daryl bury Denise.

The only other noteworthy thing I remember is regarding the warehouse I mentioned. Eugene takes Abraham there to explain his plan to use it to make bullets.

Top Bottom