• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

So I really don't know if I want the season finale to be completely spoiled for me. I'm having a viewing parting with some friends and I kind of want to be surprised and ive been getting bugged about what's going to happen ...i'd feel a fuck ton better tellling everyone that i truly don't know.

Hahaha I'm making lucille replica and placing in front of the tv though.

UberTag

Really hope the spoilers about Carol in the finale are false, that sounds absolutely horrid.
It's a safe bet they're legitimate (unlike that Lucille shot from a few posts back).
The second sneak peek for this weekend's episode pretty much alludes to the first half of that spoiler.

Blood is dripping off of Morgan's staff from a recent Walker kill. Carol's rosary is discarded on the ground amidst shards of glass. It's juxtaposed against the gunshot tease from the end of the episode.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So I really don't know if I want the season finale to be completely spoiled for me. I'm having a viewing parting with some friends and I kind of want to be surprised and ive been getting bugged about what's going to happen ...i'd feel a fuck ton better tellling everyone that i truly don't know.

Hahaha I'm making lucille replica and placing in front of the tv though.
Maybe you should serve a nice bolognese sauce with a pasta that night. Seems fitting.

dustyherb

Makes me think it won't only be Glenn that gets it. If you put a gun to my head right now I'd say it's Glenn and Carol.
Ya I'm kinda thinking more then one person might die at this point from Negan. Would make sense as well cause Rick's group has killed a good amount of saviors already. They never killed this many in the comics before they met Negan so more then one dying would even the odds a bit.

I definitely think Glenn is screwed but I'm not so sure Carol will even be in the lineup. With her leaving at the end of the last episode it's possible she's not around when it all happens.

UberTag

I hope those spoilers are bullshit.
This thread's going to be awfully polluted over the next couple weeks because we have people who know about Lucille coming in here to openly speculate about scenarios that completely contradict leaked filming spoilers. But they'll speak openly about it and confuse people just hopping in.

We'll also have people sharing unsourced bogus spoilers that will invariably pop up on the 'Net everywhere as we approach finale night. And a lot of people won't be able to discern between the actual spoilers, the loose speculation based on spoilers and the fake spoilers because they'll all be mashed together in one big hodge-podge of posts... so we'll then get a reaction like yours where you'll flail your arms up in the air and say, "I hope none of this stuff goes down."

LOST spoiler threads weren't much different during that show's heyday.

wenis

This thread's going to be awfully polluted over the next couple weeks because we have people who know about Lucille coming in here to openly speculate about scenarios that completely contradict leaked filming spoilers. But they'll speak openly about it and confuse people just hopping in.

We'll also have people sharing unsourced bogus spoilers that will invariably pop up on the 'Net everywhere as we approach finale night. And a lot of people won't be able to discern between the actual spoilers, the loose speculation based on spoilers and the fake spoilers because they'll all be mashed together in one big hodge-podge of posts... so we'll then get a reaction like yours where you'll flail your arms up in the air and say, "I hope none of this stuff goes down."

LOST spoiler threads weren't much different during that show's heyday.

Thank god this show isn't that bad tho...

Also I really really hop the Pee Pee Pants City line stays in. PLEASE.
VkwFarl.jpg

Maybe you should serve a nice bolognese sauce with a pasta that night. Seems fitting.
Hmmm that's tempting. A friend said maybe I should just have regular junk food that you'd get a baseball game. What i was originally thinking was a meatloaf and sausages.

dustyherb

Thank god this show isn't that bad tho...

Also I really really hop the Pee Pee Pants City line stays in. PLEASE.
VkwFarl.jpg
Lol ya I really hope they keep this line as well. Just to show the non comic readers right away that this guy isn't like any villain we have seen yet. The line might sound ridiculous on a tv show but half the crap Negan says is ridiculous so I hope that doesn't stop them.

wenis

Hmmm that's tempting. A friend said maybe I should just have regular junk food that you'd get a baseball game. What i was originally thinking was a meatloaf and sausages.
Meatloaf and sausage would also work, it's all about the presentation.

Like a good Rigatonni with that extra chunky bolognese sauce... looks very appropriate
KL5ppFQ.jpg

or a stuffed shell pasta, put a couple shells filled with ground beef on the plate and flick splatters of sauce across it.

g57ueEDl.jpg

Serve with a good all american beer like a PBR.

UberTag

Okay, some detailed spoilers have begun to trickle out relating to both this week's episode and the finale.

Some of these spoilers have been confirmed.
And a good number of them remain unconfirmed.
Some of the unconfirmed spoilers pertain to Negan and Lucille.
These spoilers imply that
Gimple, Kirkman and company have made the unfortunate decision to cliffhanger the Lucille victim

Got all that? Okay, here you go...

Next week's (unconfirmed) spoilers courtesy of Spoil The Dead...

- The episode opens with Carol who has met a group of saviors led by a guy named Hiro. Later we see how Carol met these people.

- After Rick is told by Tobin of Carol's departure, he and Morgan leave in search of her.

- Carol uses her ruse of “helplessness” as she always does and abruptly disposes of them with a gun that was hidden in her sleeve. But unbeknownst to her one of the men survived.

- Morgan and Rick come upon a zombie that they are concerned may be Carol but after seeing that it's not her they kill it. They spot a guy in custom-made armor and chase him into an abandoned barn. The guy starts screaming that zombies are coming and Rick and Morgan have to kill a few, then Rick turns his gun on the armored guy. Before Rick can kill him, Morgan pushes Rick saving the other man's life. Morgan explains why he saved the man in armor to Rick by confessing that he'd secretly held a Wolf captive and thinks he succeeded in reaching him.

- Rick tells Morgan that Michonne stole his protein bar.

- Back at Alexandria, Maggie wants a new haircut and asks Enid to do it, but Enid is worried that she'll cut it too short because she was used to cutting her father's hair. But as you've seen, the new look turns out ok... then Maggie starts getting stomach pains.

- As you saw in the promo Daryl ends rides off from Alexandria. He ends up in the woods where he's found by Michonne. The end of the episode features him surrounded by Dwight and his saviors, ambushed from behind. Dwight shoots Daryl from behind and Daryl’s blood is splattered on the camera. (but don't fear/jump for joy just yet.. the source confirms that if you watch the scene in slow motion you can see that the gun was pointed to Daryl’s shoulder) End credits.
Just to add some context to the above, Spoil the Dead is disputing some of the detail in the two scenes for this episode that were leaked to The Spoiling Dead Fans in December. They're stating they can only confirm that Michonne finds Daryl (not Glenn or Rosita) and the segment of the episode where Michonne and Glenn are kidnapped isn't touched on. Nor is Rosita even mentioned... either here or in the synopsis for the finale. She's kind of a phantom at this point and is very conspicuous by her absence. That said, The Spoiling Dead Fans independently corroborated all of the above as accurate earlier this morning.

Okay then... finale time. These spoilers also come from Spoil The Dead... but they also have been partially vetted and independently corroborated by The Spoiling Dead Fans. I trust the data that's been independently confirmed. I remain highly suspect of the stuff that hasn't... including the specifics relating to Negan's debut.

Possible Season Finale Spoilers

**Warning** Possible Negan/Lucille spoilers ahead. If you don't wanna know. Now is a good time to run. This is going to be a long post.

STD posted some Spoilery Highlights for the finale yesterday. At this time we cannot confirm or deny the entire spoiler. We can say that some of the information we have confirmed for the finale does match up with some of these highlights. However, there are some discrepancies as well. We're going to lay out what they posted and then share bits that we have already confirmed with our sources.

From StD:
- At Alexandria they are preparing to transport Maggie to the Hilltop via RV. Rick, Abraham, Glen, Maggie, Aaron, Eugene and Carl all tag come along on this venture. Rick would rather Aaron stay, but Aaron says the only way to stop him is to shoot him or punch him (again).

Our response:
This is not completely correct. Rick and Company do travel in the RV, but Glenn is not with them initially. Maggie is extremely ill and feverish, lying in the back of the RV. Sasha is also in the RV. Aaron comes with them because he feels he owes Maggie. Carl is there and he’s just pissed off.

From StD:
- Along the way the roads are blocked by different groups of saviors. Our people faced one group similarly to how Daryl, Sasha and Abraham faced the group which they blew up, but this time was different. This group had an unnamed victim with them (the armored guy being beaten at the beginning of the episode.).

Our response:
This appears to be accurate. We know at the first meeting, it’s only with a few Saviors. Rick meets the Lead Savior (played by Steven Ogg) at this time. Also in the scene is the lone survivor of the library camp raid (played by Kevin Murphy) where we previously reported that Morgan finds a wounded Carol. He is bloody and beaten. The Saviors kick him repeatedly. One of them spray paints an orange X on his chest.

Everyone gets out of the RV except Maggie. The Lead Savior nods to them and then over to the beaten man. He explains that the man is someone who was with people that didn't listen. Rick offers to make a deal.

The Lead Savior comes off as almost friendly as he explains that they can make deal. That deal involves taking half their shit and possibly killing someone in their group. But then they can all move forward and it's all just business. Rick doesn't back down and says, "Do you want to make today your last day on Earth?” The Lead Savior tells Rick that he better be extra nice to those people in the RV because you never know when it’s your last day on Earth. As they get in the RV and leave, the Lead Savior kicks the man on the ground again.

From StD:
In the woods there’s a group of saviors watching who start whistling then start shooting at our group, taunting them, driving them back into a certain direction that they want. Rick realizes this after seeing that that the saviors are purposely only shooting at the group’s legs.

Our Response:
We can confirm that Rick mentions that the Saviors were all shooting at their feet. So this appears to be accurate.

Here are the parts of the spoilers that we do not have information on at the moment. So we cannot confirm for sure if they are accurate or not:

- Now on another road, our group comes across a chain of walkers, two of which are wearing things that belong to Michonne and Daryl (two locks of Michonne’s hair and Daryl’s jacket). Because of this everyone comes to the realization that Daryl and Michonne are hostages.

Toward the end our group is cornered and becomes surrounded by the saviors and taken captive, with Michonne and Daryl (who turn out to be alive) brought into the mix to join them. I’ve heard it’s nine people in total from our group: Rick, Carl, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Abraham, Eugene and Aaron.

- Then man you all have been waiting for, Negan, shows up in the last ten minutes of the episode, along with his barbed-wired bat that he calls by name "Lucille”.

- He has a long monologue in which he explains that Rick killed a lot of his people and that Rick and the others have to start working for him, giving him half of what they have. And as retribution he concludes that he’s going to kill one of them and if anybody tried to stop him he would take Carl’s other eye and give it to Rick to eat.

- Our group are all on their knees as he decides who to kill; He looks at Maggie (who’s health/stomach pains have worsened), but Glenn interjects and Negan says he was thinking to kill her so he could get her out of her pains. He has trouble deciding which one to kill so he begins his game of “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe” Every one of our captured characters’ faces are shown during the count.

And the moment we’ve all been waiting for….

- When he finally chooses, the camera view switches to the ill-fated character’s point of view, so we don’t know who has been selected. Negan bashes his/her head and their vision/the camera becomes blurry. Everybody starts shouting at the carnage. Then Negan makes a few more hits causing the ill-fated character to fall on the ground, and after a one more final hit there is a sudden fade to black. End credits, end season. Who's the victim? Nobody knows... It's a cliffhanger from hell.

NOTE: At this time we CANNOT confirm the information on Negan and Lucille scene. Once we do get confirmation on it we will post. So take this for what it's worth. Some of the information in this spoiler is accurate so others could be as well.

--------

Also, here is part of the opener of the finale that we have confirmed with our sources:
In one part of the opener the Saviors have dragged a lone survivor (Kevin Patrick Murphy) out on a desolate road. Other Saviors are blocking the road with their cars. The survivor asks, "What is this?" The Lead Savior (Steven Ogg) responds that they are making an example out of him. The survivor asks "To who?" and explains that all his people from the library are dead. The Lead Savior begins kicking him.
I shouldn't need to tell you how terrible of an idea it would be to hype up Negan's debut all season and then cliffhanger the Lucille victim. Especially considering that it would be spoiled to hell and back before the Season 7 premiere in the fall. It would be a complete and total ball drop... but it's also quite possible that there are alternate takes of the ending being circulated out there. In other words, screener copies could have a cliffhanger ending and the broadcast run could have a different take that shows the person getting bludgeoned.

Also, feel free to call for Gimple's head if Aaron is the Lucille victim. He'll deserve it.

UberTag

So it turns out the Lucille victim is the audience.

pls no
At least until the victim gets leaked online when filming resumes in May.
You can imagine the fan outrage that is bubbling to the surface on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, the aforementioned forums and all corners of the Internet this morning.

wenis

Talk about blue balls. Geeeeeze. Like what are they thinking if that's true?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I havent watched since it came back, but you guys are saying that
Glenn
isnt the one that gets his brains smashed in? Is that one of those changes for the sake of changing it because "lol its different"? What am I missing?

I can't believe they would do that. That would make all the build-up, the pictures, the reactions from the cast about the script, kind of moot if you don't deliver that full gut punch

You're probably right, it's been telegraphed too much and they have us all so invested it would be dumb to do it. I'm sure they thought about it, but I can't imagine they'd leave us hanging now.

You're probably right, it's been telegraphed too much and they have us all so invested it would be dumb to do it. I'm sure they thought about it, but I can't imagine they'd leave us hanging now.
And Gimple has been so faithful to the comics this season. Scenes ripped straight from the page. Only to not deliver on what's easily the most iconic moment? And the Negan stuff being some of his favorite parts of the comic?

UberTag

ET Online.com - 'Walking Dead' Star Lauren Cohan Says Season 6 Finale Will Be 'Biggest Episode of TV' Ever!

The Walking Dead is not holding back!

And after Sunday night's latest eye-popping twist, it's clear that the smash AMC drama is pulling out all the stops for the last two episodes of the season.

In fact, star Lauren Cohan -- aka our favorite pregnant badass Maggie Greene -- shared exclusively with ET that the season six finale won't just be the biggest in the show's history -- it'll be the biggest season finale in TV history!

"It's the biggest finale I've ever seen in television," the 34-year-old actress dished to ET's Jen Peros on the premiere red carpet for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. "In any episode of TV, maybe barring the last episode of the Sopranos, but that's a different kind of fish."

With Jeffrey Dean Morgan's debut as the ultimate TWD villain, Negan, looming over our heads, Cohan teases that all bets are off in the last few minutes.

"It's the cliff-hangerist episode," she teased.

Comic book fans already know that Negan is responsible for the deaths of many of our favorite characters -- including Cohan's on-screen husband Steven Yeun's Glenn. Unfortunately, it sounds like the show's version of Negan is going to be even more gruesome and deadly.

"Someone is going to be facing Lucille," Walking Dead executive producer Gale Anne Hurd recently revealed to ETonline. "If you don't know what Lucille is, it's what he names his [barbed wire-covered] bat. So yes, at some point, someone is going to be facing Lucille.

"Negan is probably the most dynamic, complex and charismatic villain, but at the same time, he is human," Hurd continued. "He feels sorry that you've encountered him and he genuinely does feel like, 'It's really your worst day that you ran into me.' And he actually really believes it!"

What the fuck...

She just said what some in this thread have hinted at. A cliffhanger where we don't see who Negan destroys until next season.

wenis

Damn. Well that's not promising.

We knew Glenn was still around like as soon as his "death" happened, thanks to set pics and such. No way they'll be able to keep who was killed a secret.
So we can expect a wet fart of a season premier later in the year with everything revealed months before and leaving no impact. Meh.

So we can expect a wet fart of a season premier later in the year with everything revealed months before and leaving no impact. Meh.

This will be a disaster. It will ruin Negan's reveal. The impact will not be as great with a cut/fade to black moment.

UberTag

If they cliffhanger it, it's such a terrible decision that I'm actually struggling to fathom it
It would be difficult to fathom if they didn't try to fake out Glenn getting eaten last fall only to have him climb under a dumpster and survive via makeshift walker barricade and not even bother to disguise the fact that Steven Yeun was happily filming scenes for the back half of Season 6 at the same time in Georgia.

someday

Banned
I can't begin to describe how pissed off I will be if the cliffhanger stuff is true. After dumpster Glenn, the "mom" scene that didn't go the way it should have, and now maybe this to end the season... I'm mad just thinking about it.

What a bullshit idea. The one thing I hate about this show is the cliffhangers.

Now this one is pointless since shortly afterwards people will learn through leaks who died and the whole finale cliffhanger will end up as a total wasted opportunity.

- Gimple has been super faithful to the comics this season
- The Negan arc is some of his favorite parts of the comic
- They teased Lucille with the pics
- They filmed the ending twice, one with cursing and one without
- They have to know they can't keep who died a secret.
- How the hell are they going to do S7 trailers and PR without making it obvious which character isn't appearing in the season?

I'm really really hoping the screener version is just truncated, and the broadcast version has a scene after the fade/cut to black

I'm really really hoping the screener version is just truncated, and the broadcast version has a scene after the fade/cut to black

Urgh, absolutely this. The thought of them turning such an iconic moment into a cliffhanger seems like such a waste of everything, particularly the building momentum of that moment. That being said, from the show who brought us the Glenn's Totally Dead! early this season, I wouldn't entirely be surprised. If it did end up being the case, it could also be AMC overriding TWD producers and choosing to make it a cliffhanger.

Desperately hoping they're just keeping it under lock and key!

Urgh, absolutely this. The thought of them turning such an iconic moment into a cliffhanger seems like such a waste of everything, particularly the building momentum of that moment. That being said, from the show who brought us the Glenn's Totally Dead! early this season, I wouldn't entirely be surprised. If it did end up being the case, it could also be AMC overriding TWD producers and choosing to make it a cliffhanger.

Desperately hoping they're just keeping it under lock and key!
Which fell flat on its face minutes later when the Talking Dead made it obvious Glenn was still around

cLOUDo

man, that is even worse
than switch the victim to Aaron LOL

if they are all screaming, you can know who is safe, right?

Top Bottom