• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

man, that is even worse
than switch the victim to Aaron LOL

if they are all screaming, you can know who is safe, right?

It is from the victims point of view isn't it? You could be sure the contact from Lucille will cause ringing in the ears, causing us to hear nobody scream.

Count on it, lol.

Noi_

Banned
Even if its a cliffhanger, wouldn't they still film it now? I don't think they'd wait months to recreate the scene, would they? Is it possible that they haven't added in the final moments of the episode in yet?

Dunno, but if this is true I think it'll ruin the pacing of season 7's premier.

And I REALLY hope its not
Aaron. it wont have the impact that glenn did in the comics. Aaron hasn't seen a whole lot of screentime and I think it'll be an "oh" moment for a lot of viewers, and if its a cliffhanger? "really? we waited to see aaron die?" I just don't like the idea of Aaron getting Negan'd

Edit: apparently spoiling the dead had inaccurate episode 15 spoilers so hopefully this will be inaccurate too

UberTag

man, that is even worse
than switch the victim to Aaron LOL
Oooooh yea. I thought they showed the prop on Instagram or something.
Funny you should bring up props on Instagram.

Nicotero showed this one with Norman Reedus about a month prior to filming the Lucille scene...

348n5dv.jpg

34fcy9e.jpg

2pyno5l.jpg

twd_baseball_3.jpg

2myxg0g.jpg
Does that dummy's pose look familiar to you at all? To say nothing of the cracked melon and the fact that it certainly hasn't been needed for said individual up until now.

Uh, unless they're hiding it from principal cast members what else could Lauren have meant? For as much as goodwill as Gimple has built up this season, AMC has the final say which sadly leads me to believe those spoilers are correct. Really hope I'm wrong but the evidence is too much to ignore at this point.

A few years ago I was in a focus group for TWD run by AMC. They asked us all sorts of things, but the primary question they wanted feedback on was their airing schedule. This was before they did the split season thing, and they were toying with whether that was a good idea for them going forward. Every member of the focus group, myself included, said it wasn't; there were about 20 of us. We hated the idea, we hated waiting, we were huge fans of things like 24's "pioneering" non-stop season concept, etc. They did it anyway. While that's barely related to this, my point is... logic doesn't matter. AMC at that point felt it was better for the franchise and a few years in with ratings going crazy, the show being structured around these mid-season cliffhangers, and the introduction of Fear it's hard to say they were wrong. This time we, again, all feel that they are. Seems like they don't and time will tell who proves correct in the end. No matter what they do we're not going anywhere, right?

Funny you should bring up props on Instagram.

Nicotero showed this one with Norman Reedus about a month prior to filming the Lucille scene...

Does that dummy's pose look familiar to you at all? To say nothing of the cracked melon and the fact that it certainly hasn't been needed for said individual up until now.
1) If they decided to go with
Aaron
2) A bit more hopeful seeing that. Like you know Nicotero has to be dying to finally do that scene.

Kard8p3

G fuckin G. I'm out of this thread for a while. Super bummed now. Been waiting several years for this only to get shit on if all of the above is true. LOL

Also if true means that in 3 episodes half of the lgbt characters in the show die. Thanks AMC SeemsGood EleGIggle

dustyherb

If they really do a cliffhanger with who Negan kills then fuck you Gimple, Kirkman, and AMC. It makes zero sense and it's not going to add any tension. The point of the scene is for us to hate what Negan just did to the group. Not make us sit around with blue balls for 6 months.

I'm going to believe that maybe just maybe AMC was smart enough to not include who dies from Lucille in advanced screenings. That way everyone is surprised come finale night. If not, well come May everyone is going to know who exactly dies from all the filming spoilers.

And there's no way it would be just Aaron who would get Lucille, that would be a terrible decision! Maybe him plus someone else I could possibly see. But why kill the one Alexandrian people actually give a fuck about? I have a hard time believing Gimple or Kiriman would fuck up the entrance of probably the most important villain this show could end up having.

iPaul93

Okay, some detailed spoilers have begun to trickle out relating to both this week's episode and the finale.

Some of these spoilers have been confirmed.
And a good number of them remain unconfirmed.
Some of the unconfirmed spoilers pertain to Negan and Lucille.
These spoilers imply that
Gimple, Kirkman and company have made the unfortunate decision to cliffhanger the Lucille victim

Got all that? Okay, here you go...

Next week's (unconfirmed) spoilers courtesy of Spoil The Dead...

Just to add some context to the above, Spoil the Dead is disputing some of the detail in the two scenes for this episode that were leaked to The Spoiling Dead Fans in December. They're stating they can only confirm that Michonne finds Daryl (not Glenn or Rosita) and the segment of the episode where Michonne and Glenn are kidnapped isn't touched on. Nor is Rosita even mentioned... either here or in the synopsis for the finale. She's kind of a phantom at this point and is very conspicuous by her absence. That said, The Spoiling Dead Fans independently corroborated all of the above as accurate earlier this morning.

Okay then... finale time. These spoilers also come from Spoil The Dead... but they also have been partially vetted and independently corroborated by The Spoiling Dead Fans. I trust the data that's been independently confirmed. I remain highly suspect of the stuff that hasn't... including the specifics relating to Negan's debut.

I shouldn't need to tell you how terrible of an idea it would be to hype up Negan's debut all season and then cliffhanger the Lucille victim. Especially considering that it would be spoiled to hell and back before the Season 7 premiere in the fall. It would be a complete and total ball drop... but it's also quite possible that there are alternate takes of the ending being circulated out there. In other words, screener copies could have a cliffhanger ending and the broadcast run could have a different take that shows the person getting bludgeoned.

Also, feel free to call for Gimple's head if Aaron is the Lucille victim. He'll deserve it.

Man,I'm going to hate waiting for the next season
just to see who died.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Aaron essentially could be killed off before the Lucille scene.
I'm just trying to fathom a reason why tho. He hasn't been instrumental at all in the show for awhile now, it's sad to see the character relegated to a red shirt when this show really needs a main to go. Especially if they're trying to sell Negan as a true big bad. Goin' for a character that's been relegated to the background for awhile now is just boring.

Imagine a six-month wait for Aaron! What reaction would be bigger? No on-screen death + wait + Aaron or the on-screen death of a character we actually care about? Kind of want the former to happen just to see how the world reacts.

Also, again, what could Lauren have possibly meant if it doesn't play out the way the spoilers suggest? There isn't any other possible cliffhanger. Is there?

And Greg Nicotero directed this episode too

I just can't see them screwing up Negan's debut like that

Actually, not including who dies in advanced screenings would be a really smart move. If there's one moment AMC would want to keep under the wraps before the finale aired, it's that one

A cliffhanger like this would be like waiting for the Red Wedding and just as the shit was about to go down, cut to black.

iPaul93

Also,I'd rather have a cliffhanger ending than Aaron being the victim.That's such a bad choice.If they want to shock the audience,they should kill off Glen or Maggie or someone important,not a C tier character.

dustyherb

I'm just trying to fathom a reason why tho. He hasn't been instrumental at all in the show for awhile now, it's sad to see the character relegated to a red shirt when this show really needs a main to go. Especially if they're trying to sell Negan as a true big bad. Goin' for a character that's been relegated to the background for awhile now is just boring.
I refuse to believe they are going to kill the one Alexandrian most people actually give a shit about. I honestly think he's just going to be in the lineup that way there is an Alexandrian to experience Negan first hand. In the comics it was Heath, in the show it makes more sense to be Aaron.

And Greg Nicotero directed this episode too

I just can't see them screwing up Negan's debut like that

Actually, not including who dies in advanced screenings would be a really smart move. If there's one moment AMC would want to keep under the wraps before the finale aired, it's that one

A cliffhanger like this would be like waiting for the Red Wedding and just as the shit was about to go down, cut to black.
Yup, agreed, and they probably did (or will do) just that. But what does Lauren mean, then? She was there. Did they neuralyze her? Is she lying?
"It's the cliff-hangerist episode"
If she isn't, they're not showing who he killed. What else could it possibly be? Does something even bigger, even crazier, happen AFTER that moment?

Yup, agreed, and they probably did (or will do) just that. But what does Lauren mean, then? She was there. Did they neuralyze her? Is she lying?

If she isn't, they're not showing who he killed. What else could it possibly be? Does something even bigger, even crazier, happen AFTER that moment?
They lied and kept quiet about Glenn for several episodes, right?

dustyherb

The cliffhanger could be our group still kneeling as Negan walks away and the Lucille victim is in front of our group just like the comics. That's a cliffhanger in the fact that people are wanting to know how the fuck the group is going to handle everything that just went down.

I wouldn't look into Lauren's comment too much just because there's a number of ways they could do a cliffhanger without actually hiding who gets Lucilled.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The only way I would be okay with a cliffhanger is if Negan introduces someone to Lucille, the whole group is obviously shocked and then he says something like "Would you look at that, this bitch is still thirsty..." and it cut out. Saving the entire sequence until next season would suck.

They lied and kept quiet about Glenn for several episodes, right?

The cliffhanger could be our group still kneeling as Negan walks away and the Lucille victim is in front of our group just like the comics. That's a cliffhanger in the fact that people are wanting to know how the fuck the group is going to handle everything that just went down.

I wouldn't look into Lauren's comment too much just because there's a number of ways they could do a cliffhanger without actually hiding who gets Lucilled.
I want to believe.

I think there is an interview somewhere that involves Lauren and Andrew. Both say when they read what happened in this script it made them sick to their stomach for the first time in six years. I don't know how accurate this is or if there is any truth to it. I would imagine because it involves the death of an actor they consider family at this point.

dustyherb

I think there is an interview somewhere that involves Lauren and Andrew. Both say when they read what happened in this script it made them sick to their stomach for the first time in six years. I don't know how accurate this is or if there is any truth to it. I would imagine because it involves the death of an actor they consider family at this point.
Yep they did say that and Lennie James who plays Morgan talked about how it's the best intro of any character yet on this show or pretty much any show. I honestly think there's more going on then what these people have seen in their advanced screenings. It makes sense for AMC to want to hide who gets killed as this will be the biggest moment on this show so far.

If they don't show us who gets Lucilled it ruins the whole point of that scene and Negan's intro. We are supposed to hate Negan and want Rick's group to get justice for what he's just done. They would be talking a lot of focus off Negan since everyone would be more worried about figuring out who was killed.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yep they did say that and Lennie James who plays Morgan talked about how it's the best intro of any character yet on this show or pretty much any show. I honestly think there's more going on then what these people have seen in their advanced screenings. It makes sense for AMC to want to hide who gets killed as this will be the biggest moment on this show so far.

If they don't show us who gets Lucilled it ruins the whole point of that scene and Negan's intro. We are supposed to hate Negan and want Rick's group to get justice for what he's just done. They would be talking a lot of focus off Negan since everyone would be more worried about figuring out who was killed.

How else will they get those very important tweets, retweets, follows, shares and articles written about the show during the break tho :evilsmiley:

Folks at SpoilTheDead bring up a good point that we would know who the victim was simply by matching up the Eeny, meeny, miny, moe... with the character line-up. A "cliffhanger" one can easily figure out isn't much of a cliffhanger

I think maybe since Lauren is saying is the "cliff-hangerist" episode that maybe it just ends with someone getting Lucille'd and then Negan leaves with Carl/Judith

dustyherb

How else will they get those very important tweets, retweets, follows, shares and articles written about the show during the break tho :evilsmiley:
Kirkman is that you?? But seriously please god no lol. I just want the scene to be exactly like the comics. Please Gimple you've been following the comics so well don't fuck up now.

Folks at SpoilTheDead bring up a good point that we would know who the victim was simply by matching up the Eeny, meeny, miny, moe... with the character line-up. A "cliffhanger" one can easily figure out isn't much of a cliffhanger
Yeah seems plausible unless gimple already thought of that

dustyherb

Yep exactly and even if we couldn't figure it out that way it would still be spoiled before season 7 starts. There is no possible way they could hide it for almost 7 months.

The only way I'd be okay cliff hanger wise is if they show who is picked negan gets one hit in and the premiere picks up with the rest of how it plays out

Yep exactly and even if we couldn't figure it out that way it would still be spoiled before season 7 starts. There is no possible way they could hide it for almost 7 months.
Plus how they would make a S7 trailer (which usually shows stuff from the first 3-4 episodes) without it being obvious that a character isn't there?

I would like to believe the cliffhanger BS isn't true, but the fact that they pulled this crap earlier in the season by ending the mid-season finale on a cliffhanger before Carl got shot doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It ended up being a terrible ending and it was made worse by the fact that they did a time skip episode right after that one which could have instead served as the mid-season premier.

Or he could do it at random instead of in order and just point at people

Watching the leaked footage again, there's a cut to black but then it continues. It even looks like the "one more final hit/sudden fade to black" from the highlights

There's misdirection and then there's a three minute trailer where one character doesn't show up in any scenes (because he'd be dead).
Well if you look closely you can see its not Glenn. I have the zoomed in/color corrected footage. I'll post a screenshot later

Plus Aaron wasn't one of the actors that filmed with Negan...wasn't Sasha, Abe, Daryl, Glenn and Rick

MBison

Obligatory fuck this show if they cliffhang the Lucille scene. That's like Game of Thrones ending the season right as
Cat touches Roose's armor

Moofers

They better not fuck it up. The person that dies has to be someone who is considered untouchable, otherwise what's the point?

Agreed, but I really don't want it to be Daryl. I'm not ready for him to go yet. It should be Glenn. I worry they'll try to change it up because they are aware of the comic fans possibly spoiling it for people who only watch the show, but I think if they do it right, it won't matter that its Glenn because it will still have that impact. Glenn's death was so tragic because he was going to be a father and had found love with Maggie. Him calling her name as he got smashed was just heartbreaking as hell. I don't think any other character will be able to offer that kind of impact. Sure, Daryl is loved by fans like me, but he doesn't have as much to live for as Glenn. His death would just piss us off while Glenn's would break hearts.

As I sit here contemplating all this, I'm wondering if I even really want to watch the show anymore. I was so mad at this point in the comic, do I really want to put myself through that again? I mean it was BRUTAL. I don't know if I wanna go through that again. Damn!

They've stuck to the source material more than once on this show. They could just roll with Glenn(who isn't considered untouchable)like the comics.
The emotional impact for the audience has to be as significant as the physical one the character experiences. So it has to be one of the core group, because honestly who's going to care long term about Sasha, Abraham, or Aaron getting their heads caved in?

It'll only be marginally worse than Denise (who most seem to have accepted already).

Aaron? I had actually forgotten about this character until I browsed through this thread. Has he even been in the second half of this season? I feel like he dropped off the face of the earth.

UberTag

I would like to believe the cliffhanger BS isn't true, but the fact that they pulled this crap earlier in the season by ending the mid-season finale on a cliffhanger before Carl got shot doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It ended up being a terrible ending and it was made worse by the fact that they did a time skip episode right after that one which could have instead served as the mid-season premier.
Don't forget that they've got another death fakeout planned for the end of this week's coming episode
with Daryl being shot at its climax
. Seems to be a well they like going to repeatedly.
Might now be one AMC insists on rolling out prior to every single finale and premiere.

Well if you look closely you can see its not Glenn. I have the zoomed in/color corrected footage. I'll post a screenshot later

Plus Aaron wasn't one of the actors that filmed with Negan...wasn't Sasha, Abe, Daryl, Glenn and Rick
Ross Marquand didn't need to be on-hand for the line-up scene if his makeshift dummy was filling in for him.
Of course, it's also possible that he was there and spoilers simply missed seeing him enter and/or leave the studio because they were trying to disguise who was there.
Nobody spotted Lauren Cohan when that scene was filmed, either.

Leeness

I really hope we're all getting worked up over nothing--it'll be Glenn, it'll all be on screen, no "who is it" cliffhanger, not Aaron (don't get me wrong, I really like Aaron, but this can't be the death for him).

Please let everything be right in the world come finale night and Glenn's face will get smushed to a pulp. :(

Top Bottom