• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

UberTag

Having seen the episode early...

The crossbow shot is pretty sudden...she keeps talking for a few seconds, which I think is similar to how it happened to Abraham in the comic? It's shot by the dude that stole it from Daryl (forget his name), and he now sports a serious burn on the left of his face, probably courtesy of Negan. He shows up with a bunch of guys and surrounds Daryl and Rosita right after the arrow shot.
That would be Dwight. This is how the Saviors with the ironed faces look like in makeup for those of you who haven't seen it. This isn't Dwight... just another guy who has been marked by Negan in a similar fashion.

image-jpg.26134

Carol leaves...sort of. She writes a letter to the guy she kissed last episode and the monologue of her words ends the episode. It's a little confusing, considering she's not in the episode much, but it probably makes sense with what happened last episode and also having to help Daryl bury Denise.
Yeah, this will essentially be the secondary arc that wraps up Season 6 while the rest of the gang gets acquainted with Negan. Carol bails on Tobin and Alexandria because she no longer wishes to be a remorseless killing machine. She knows that's what the impending war with Negan and the Saviors will bring and that's something she no longer wishes to face. Morgan will sneak off on horseback and follow her and they'll wind up in the Kingdom by season's end.

Some other spoilers for this week's episode...

More Info for 6x14 Twice As Far - Spoilthedead.com

Thanks to our source for this. We'll provide you with more info concerning this next episode. Note that we are are still getting info about this as we speak, but if we hear anything extra or something that needs clarification we will update this OP as well as post something in the thread comments itself.

- Denise will kill a zombie in a car for a can of beer.

- We will learn more about Denise before she dies this episode. She had a brother named Dennis.

- Denise gets the arrow through the back of her head, through her right eye. She manages to say a few more words before she dies.

- Eugene tries to grow some and wants to kill a zombie alone. There’s a zombie whose head is covered with melted metal and Eugene can't kill it, so Abraham does it instead.

- Eugene bites Dwight's crotch before our people manage to escape (OUCH)

- Something is brewing between Rosita and Spencer.

(the below is a spoiler for either the end of 14 (most likely) but could appear instead in 15)

Through voice narration, we learn from Carol that she is leaving Alexandria.
Digital Spy - 8 Things to Look Out For In Twice As Far

1. The events of the previous episode continue to haunt Carol (Melissa McBride) - will she ever be the same?

2. "Your services are no longer required."

3. Eugene (Josh McDermitt) and Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) encounter a hard-headed foe.

4. "You'd have better luck picking up a turd by its clean end."

5. Daryl mentions his late brother Merle for the first time in a long time.

6. "You don't spit game. You are game."

7. Eugene CHANGES HIS HAIR - but don't stress, mullet fans... it's a subtle difference.

8. "...and I mean that with the utmost of respect."
Spoiler TV Advance Preview "Twice As Far"

Dear Walker fans, prepare yourself for a great and surprising episode, this Sunday on AMC, and next Monday on FOX in the UK, titled "Twice As Far".

Since the start of the second half of the season, and maybe even since they had arrived at Alexandria, Rick and his group have slowly but definitely changed. Before, hey had been hunted, they were the preys, only attacking to defense themselves, but that has changed.

Last week, "The Same Boat", and even before with "Not Tomorrow Yet", made it clear Rick and co are now the hunters. They are more aggressive, they had been victimized and they don't want that anymore, so they attack first. They haunt, they trap, they kill, and quite brutally. Maggie and Carol set a bunch of Saviors alive on fire, Rick, Glenn and Daryl stabbed several others Saviors in their sleep… That was brutal, probably necessary for their own survival but it marked a big change in their story. And mostly, it will make Negan’s response to their attacks more understandable and maybe even more brutal. I can’t wait to finally meet him, the real him, since all of them are calling themselves Negan apparently…

And about the Saviors, from the Hilltop community, and Daryl, Sasha and Abe’s first meeting with them, I really imagined the Saviors would be more badass, more terrifying and threatening.
They did caught Carol and Maggie but they ended up being all killed by those two badass women. So, I must confess I’ve been a bit disappointed with the Saviors, I thought they were going to be a more real and deadly threat. Well, "Twice As Far" will finally demonstrate that the Saviors can be very dangerous as one member of Rick’s group will die in an unexpected way because of them. didn't see that one coming !
And here’s a list of what else you can expect from "Twice As Far" :

- "Twice As Far" will focus mainly on two groups, as they will both go outside, looking for different supplies. One group will be more focused on the location itself and the other one on the things they can bring back. But being out there, with walkers and Saviors who can arrive at any time, is dangerous. Even more when there are tensions within the group.
- A character we haven’t seen in a while will be back.
- Someone won’t respect Eugene calling dibs on something.
- Morgan has been working a lot on his project, the cell. And Rick will find out about it.
- "Twice As Far" will depict a sense of routine, habits and normalcy inside Alexandria in a very unique and amazing way. One of the most well directed sequence of the show.
- Romance is definitely a theme explored in the second part of season 6. There will be a new couple inside the walls, a surprising one. And another couple will end things, with a note.
- Someone will give Daryl some driving advice. And he should listen to it. (well, I think, I don’t have a driving license)
- Someone will throw up on something that belongs to him/her. Disgusting.
- Carol will still be shaken up from last week events, smoking and carrying her rosary with her.
- Eugene will show how much he has changed since he first appeared. He’s still weaker than most of the others, but he’s making progress, he's trying. Of course, his main strength is still his brain. And he will have more than one brilliant idea in "Twice As Far".
- One character will make a surprising choice.
- It has been a while since we've not seen Alexandria and most of its residents. Many will be back this week, but some won't be seen. I can't believe I'm missing Carl.
- Two female characters who haven’t spent much time together will have that chance during "Twice As Far", just like last week with Maggie and Carol. I’m thrilled The Walking Dead is finally focusing on its women characters, they’re all so wonderful.
- A walker made me jump my seat literally (while I was watching at work) so be prepared (don't hold your beer/mug in your hand for too long)
- Someone will reveal to have a twin brother, and you’ll never guess what was his name.
- A character will discover a disgusting and tragic scene inside a locked room.
- Two characters will have an honest talk, and that could lead to some very mean comments.

"Twice As Far" will be another excellent episode of The Walking Dead. This season has been an amazing ride, I’m really enjoying the pace of the show. "Twice As Far" is another must see episode, proving one more time just how great and intense The Walking Dead is.
Don’t miss "Twice As Far" this Sunday on AMC and next Monday on FOX in the UK. Who do you think will die ? What are you the most excited about this episode ? When Negan is going to show his face ? Can’t wait for Sunday ? So hit the comments !

And finally the quotes game ! Guess which character will say those quotes (each quote is from a different character !) :

1- "Why ?"
2- "You could have died right there"
3- "Okay is what we’re doing ?"
4- "You wanna live, you take chances"
5- "You’ve outlived your usefulness to me"
6- "What was that ?"
7- "Are you seriously that stupid ?"
8- "Keep telling yourself that"
9- "You should have killed him"
10- "Come inside"

Is this the first time we're seeing Dwight with a burnt face?

Also: "Maximum impact to prove our point". Not the last time we're going to be hearing that phrase I think.

Yup. They've all killed a bunch of Saviors, so Negan's going to feel justified in picking someone at random.

It's still going to be
Glenn
, no doubt about it.

So they're going to end up looking for Carol, spend too long looking and end up camping outside of Alexandria, then get taken down by Negan's crew during the night. Anyone else think that's how they're setting it up?

It is certainly better than them getting lost in between Hilltop and Alexandria (which never made much sense in the comics).

So they're going to end up looking for Carol, spend too long looking and end up camping outside of Alexandria, then get taken down by Negan's crew during the night. Anyone else think that's how they're setting it up?

It is certainly better than them getting lost in between Hilltop and Alexandria (which never made much sense in the comics).

But then a whole episode of set-up in the finale? I guess I could see that. Half the group captured, half the group sets out looking for them, everybody ends up in Negan's lineup.

Yep, first time. Was kind of disappointed with it honestly. Doesn't look bad from a front perspective.

I was fine with the extent of Dwight's scarring. You figure they weren't going to do anything quite as crazy as the comics where he's almost got the Two Face look going on with his eye all hanging out just cause that would be a pain to work with if he's going to be any kind of regular on the show.

I'm just wondering how they're going to set up the finale. Are they going to kill off anyone in the next episode? Were some people speculating it would be Rosita? What are the odds they have Negan kill Glenn and somebody else? Daryl?

I guess the show sort of has a surplus of characters to some extent that are either so far different in the comics/show like Carol or already dead like Carol and Abraham or just don't exist in the comics like Daryl or Sasha that they could afford to have Negan's introduction be a bit worse. Especially since the whole All Out War arc was surprisingly tame in terms of major character deaths after Glenn's death.

The show just seems pretty tame in terms of killing off major characters lately. They're wasting all the Alexandrians but when they've barely spent any time developing them or they rush to give them some development right before they die, their deaths feel kind of cheap.

UberTag

Daryl's going to be the most prominent character on The Walking Dead from now through finale night.
Makes sense to have Reedus on to share his thoughts.

I guess but it would wreck the fan base because everyone loves Daryl

You're right, I should have elaborated more. Anticlimactic in that they seem to be building up something between Dwight and Daryl, and Negan stepping in and ending that would kind of stop that cold. Though, that could be the point. "You're welcome Dwight. I did what you couldn't and now I'm going to fuck your wife for a few hours."

Sanke__

on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard did they blow it if Glenn isn't the one that meets Lucille?

Would actually fit the show better if its Daryl
Anyone else and the show is dead to me

I can't believe they were too scared to give fucking Abraham an arrow to the head

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard did they blow it if Glenn isn't the one that meets Lucille?

Like a 3 or 4 for me. That scene was all about the shock and massive brutality. I don't even know how non comic readers have been able to avoid spoilers, I've seen major outlets just spit out details about that scene in article titles. The surprise is gone if it's Glenn. I'm okay with someone else getting to meet Lucille. Maggie's arc with growing into a leadership role has already started, no reason she can't be leader of Hilltop with Glenn around.

I'm wondering what they're doing with Carol. Her leaving again is pretty silly. I don't mind her having reservations about constantly having to be a killer, but this obviously isn't how the show is getting rid of her. She seemed like a prime candidate fot the death too. I hope it isn't her though.

Watching this episode, Morgan makes a lot of sense. Yeah, Negan didn't want it to be a Black guy in the comic and that aspect of his character is important...but there is no way they don't tie back Morgan's jail being the same one that Rick eventually puts Negan in. It just makes way too much sense.

EulaCapra

For the longest time, I thought Lucille would welcome Morgan instead of Glenn. But the way they're setting up Carol in this arc now... I'm going back and forth between the two especially after she killed Alicia Witt's Paula (the redhead Savior) last week. And I don't recall where I read it as news or speculation, but she could've been one of Negan's girlfriends or something?

I want it to be Morgan, but Carol would be massive. I don't want it to happen...which makes me think it will happen. And it'd be a super emotional bookend to Carol's arc. It would leave the audience wanting more instead of being tired of them as seasons progress as well. Who knows, maybe they'll both bite the dust.

UberTag

As they're now relevant and ready to be discussed, here is the spoiled rundown of two key scenes (including the presumed ending) for next week's episode as revealed in the Spoiling Dead Forums almost 4 months ago...

Daryl is out in the woods searching for Dwight. He's very angry and assumedly feeling guilty. As he hears footsteps approaching, he shoots his crossbow. A bolt comes inches away from hitting Rosita in the head. As she reprimands him, Glenn, and Michonne are also revealed. A very angry Daryl tells the others they shouldn't be there. Michonne states that he should have never left. Daryl starts to bitterly reminisce about the time (back in episode 6) when Dwight tied him up, and pulled a gun on him, yet he still tried to help him despite this. Daryl seems to regret his past decision to help Dwight.

Glenn asks Daryl if he thinks it's his fault. Daryl agrees and adds, "I'm gonna do what I should have done. For her." (Note: We DONT know who "her" is, but we can speculate.) Glenn tells him that "She's gone" and that he's doing this for himself. Disgruntled Daryl says he doesn't give a shit and continues shuffling through the woods. Glenn tries having a heart to heart conversation with Daryl, desperately trying to get him to listen. Michonne also tries to talk Daryl into coming home so they can regroup and come up with a plan. Daryl starts to ease up, acknowledging Michonne and Glenn are right.

Later in the episode, Glenn and Michonne are tied up and gagged by the Saviors. Daryl sneakily approaches along with Rosita and attempts a rescue. Glenn and Michonne try screaming to get Daryl's attention and let him know the Saviors are still there. All of a sudden Dwight calls out to Daryl. Dwight is right behind Daryl with a gun pointed directly at his back. Another Savior has his gun on Rosita. As Daryl turns around, Dwight pulls the trigger. "BANG!" Blood sprays everywhere. This is supposedly the end of the episode.

Now, before anyone goes into cardiac arrest, Daryl did film for episode 16 so it looks like he survives this ordeal. It's possible that he's not even the one who is shot. It could be a bait and switch and someone else could get the bullet. All we know is that it's going to look like Daryl is shot.

In regards to the "She's gone" comment by Glenn... It's possible that he is referencing someone's death. Or it could be something else. We really don't know. The females that were spotted filming for episode 16 were Carol, Sasha, Maggie, and Michonne. So they should be safe at this point in the episode.

Keep in mind since this is from episode 15 these scenes could change before the episode actually airs.
Of course, we know from tonight's episode that the "for her" and "she's gone" comments refer to Denise.

Another spoiler relating to a scene from the season finale (not Lucille) surfaced late last week...

In one scene Morgan is on horseback, looking for Carol. He stumbles across a freshly killed walker and Carol's blood-stained rosary. He picks it up and continues on his search. At some point, Morgan finds Carol at a library camp. The survivors at this camp have all been slaughtered (presumably the Saviors). Carol is injured with a slash wound on her side. Morgan patches her up with a first-aid kit and tells her that he'll get her back to get some help in the morning. Carol looks at him like he's crazy and tells him no.
A few more things... just a reminder of next week's title and PR synopsis...

Episode 6.15 - East
When someone goes missing in Alexandria, the community goes on alert, and search parties venture out.

And now one that is rumored for 6.16 and seems official (released through an international FOX affiliate)...

Episode 6.16 - Last Day on Earth
Rick and his group go out of the city to save one of their own. What they experience on the road will change their lives forever.

CeBJXzYWwAAHp5S.jpg:large

Hmmmm so spoilers posted on the last page could lead one to believe that
2 main characters, Rosita and Carol,
die besides Negans homerun on the final ep or before.

Damn so that leaves a lot open for what's going to happen to Eugene in the future

Also if
Maggie's not there, there's no point for the vampire bat to take Glenn
. There's no emotional shock for the scene.

cLOUDo

you think they would use a female character
(and one of most beloved character) for such a violent and gross death?
i dont think so

you think they would use a female character
(and one of most beloved character) for such a violent and gross death?
i dont think so
An arrow to the head is one thing but having an overtly masochistic character like Negan beat a woman to death so severely may be a little too much even for this show. Even though he alluded to not being bothered by that in issue 100 (domestic violence against his "wives" and sexual violence in general is something else in his books).

zethren

Banned
I'm super behind on the show, but just popping in to say that you guys just saw one of my best friends zombified and killed on last night's episode! Haha.

The tall zombie in the plaid shirt who shambled over to the guy who was on the ground, and then got shot by that guy. Just thought that was fun!

FrsDvl

There were rumours on Reddit that the following characters die in the season finale
Morgan, Carol and Glenn.

And yeah, i thought it was a foiler, but now it seems quite possible

Death details

Carol kills morgan, Carol lets herself get killed by zombie morgan, glenn gets lucile

I'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but i wont competly rule out the possibility.

UberTag

There are a lot of bogus and unsourced spoilers floating around out there right now.

That said, I can definitely see
an outcome like that for Carol and Morgan in the finale.
Just because they can likely be considered safe and ruled out from the Lucille lineup doesn't mean they make it to Season 7 alive and well.

Then again, just because I can "see" it doesn't mean I think that's the case. None of the usual suspects are circulating that intel so I can only assume it's bogus for the time being.
Plausible... but bogus.

I still don't think we'll have conclusive leaks about any finale deaths until the episode airs.
We MAY know about potential other deaths (i.e. Rosita) ahead of time.

fauxtrot

Banned
I think most of the finales are planned to be 90 minutes, so I don't think we have to worry too much about them finding this out after shooting for a 60 minute episode and then having to pad it. The padding will come from planned scenes, I'm sure. =/

In fact, wasn't it said that the midseason finale was filmed to be a 90 minute episode but AMC changed their minds because they didn't want to bump Into the Badlands back, and that's why we got the weird ending to that episode, which picked up on the first episode of the second half of that season. This may have been speculative bullshit though, so who knows.

There were rumours on Reddit that the following characters die in the season finale
Morgan, Carol and Glenn.

And yeah, i thought it was a foiler, but now it seems quite possible

Death details

Carol kills morgan, Carol lets herself get killed by zombie morgan, glenn gets lucile

I'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but i wont competly rule out the possibility.

I hope these aren't true,
seems like a really lame way to kill off Carol and Morgan, plus Carol seems like she really doesn't want to kill anymore to the point of running away, so why then turn around and kill Morgan?

fauxtrot

Banned
Do we know (through rumors/leaks) if Carol shows up in the next episode or the finale?

I can totally see her getting captured by the Saviors in one of these two upcoming episodes, which could set up to
her getting Holly'd
next season.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i think is legit but probably is part of the
Eeny, meeny miney mo...
Yea, that's where that definitely is. We won't know proper spoilers until next week. Even then I dunno if I'll even want to know.

Top Bottom