• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify app launches on PS3 & PS4, exclusive to PlayStation for "foreseeable future"

abrack08

The only problems I've run into is that shuffling seems to be awful on the PS4 app if you're not using a tablet/phone for Connect functionality. Playing playlists with hundreds of things on them seems to shuffle between the first 20 or so. Anyone else have this issue? If I control it with my tablet it seems to do fine.

Yeah I came here to ask this. I never used spotify before, I made a Playlist with ~250 songs on it, hit shuffle and play, every song it played for an hour and a half was from the first 30 or so songs that I added. And when I open the app in my PS4 and try to scroll to the right to see when the other songs will come up, it circles back to the beginning after about 30 songs as well. But if I unshuffle, I can see and play every song that I added. Made my Playlist pretty much useless.

Oh and it doesn't seem to work on my phone at all... I open my playlist, hit shuffle play, and nothing happens at all.

berzeli

Banned
Reminder that the audio settings in the PS4 settings are for Games and Apps, and Blu-ray discs have their own audio settings that you can only access when watching the disc, either LPCM, or Bitstream (Direct) - which gives you the lovely DTS HD, etc. lights if your system supports it.

I have a PS3, but your info will probably help someone. I had to do a hard reset recently and that messed up my audio settings, but now everything is set up correctly again.

anddo0

* The Terms and Conditions of the Spotify Premium for $0.99 Offer apply. Users who have subscribed to the Premium service or who have taken a trial are ineligible for this offer.

Nope
Unfortunately, you're ineligible for this offer because you've previously signed up for a Premium trial or subscription.

I've only done the free trial, oh well :(

Spotify is now being a huge pile of shit.

MY playlist worked earlier today, and now when I try it, it just resets the spotify app on the PS4.

Fuck it, not even going to fucking bother anymore.
This is beyond annoying, fix your shit Spotify.

Temporary solution: use the app on your phone instead to control your PS4.

Thats what I mean, it doesn't work through my phone.
I press play on a song/playlist, go to the connect button, click PS4. It just resets the Spotify app on PS4 every time.

Spotify still works on my PS4, plays my playlist of 663 songs (but only the first 50 or some shit), I want my whole playlist.

and yes I've turned my phone and PS4 off and on.

bombshell

Thats what I mean, it doesn't work through my phone.
I press play on a song/playlist, go to the connect button, click PS4. It just resets the Spotify app on PS4 every time.

Spotify still works on my PS4, plays my playlist of 663 songs (but only the first 50 or some shit), I want my whole playlist.

and yes I've turned my phone and PS4 off and on.

Did you try playing from your phone without manually opening the Spotify app on PS4 first?

Top Bottom