• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix and Mitsuda working on Xenogears Orchestral Album - MYTH (23rd Feb 2011)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
How on earth does this exist in the 2010s? I mean, I'm glad it does, but wow.

B.K.

http://member.square-enix.com/jp/special/music/xenogears/

They posted a list of ten songs. I wonder if those are going to be the ones on the album.

Edit: Wikipedia has the Kanji for the songs on the soundtrack. Using it, the songs on that list are:

1. Flight (2-9)
2. Small Two of Pieces (2-19)
3. Shevat - The Wind is Calling You (2-5)
4. Knight of Fire (2-3)
5. Faraway Promise (1-6)
6. Awakening (2-16)
7. Stage of Death (1-19)
8. The Treasure which Cannot be Stolen (1-16)
9. June Mermaid (2-4)
10. Light from the Netherworld (1-1)

Shirokun

BocoDragon said:
How on earth does this exist in the 2010s? I mean, I'm glad it does, but wow.

They gotta create excitement for Xenogears 2 somehow. :D

But really, Xenogears has sold incredibly well on the Japanese PSN, so there is most definitely still a market to capitalize on this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Aw... No Omen and Bonds of Sea and Fire.

But at least it has Shevat, Faraway Promise, and Small Two of Pieces.

B.K.

Looking at that list again, the first three songs are in red text. I wonder if they're just going to use those three from the fan vote and let Mitsuda or someone else decide on the rest.

Xelinis

Shirokun said:
But really, Xenogears has sold incredibly well on the Japanese PSN, so there is most definitely still a market to capitalize on this.

Do you have any of those numbers?

Shirokun

Xelinis said:
Do you have any of those numbers?

I don't have any concrete numbers(perhaps somebody else can dig some up?) but the game has been on the Japanese PSN's top five list for Playstation downloads practically since it was released.

Sullen

Ahhh. I cannot wait for this. Hoping for Omen, June Mermaid, Light From the Netherworld, Faraway Promise, Small two of Pieces.. Hmm, fuck it just do the entire soundtrack over again!

Abel

Seems Mitsuda just tweeted that the official name of the album will be:

– MYTH – The Xenogears Orchestral Album

:D

Abel said:
Seems Mitsuda just tweeted that the official name of the album will be:

– MYTH – The Xenogears Orchestral Album

:D

Japan only I presume.

Better keep an eye on ebay in the coming weeks/months.

Why did I miss this? Xenogears has possibly the best OST of any game.

I'm hoping for a more bombastic version of Faraway Promise though, more like Stars of Tears.

B.K.

-Pyromaniac- said:
lol when the topic title updated I thought this turned out to be a myth and there wouldn't be an album.

This album is real. The Chrono Cross album is the myth.

bounchfx

fuck, I can't wait!

I think Chrono Cross deserves it more but Xenogears had an incredible soundtrack as well. HYPE!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
bounchfx said:
I think Chrono Cross deserves it more but Xenogears had an incredible soundtrack as well. HYPE!
I don't agree with this, simply because Chrono Cross keeps getting some form of orchestral love around the world in concerts, whereas Xenogears is ignored.

The choral part in Light from the Netherworld is quite amazing. Can't wait to hear that bad boy.

B.K.

speedpop said:
I don't agree with this, simply because Chrono Cross keeps getting some form of orchestral love around the world in concerts, whereas Xenogears is ignored.

Seriously. I really hated how there wasn't a single Xenogears song in Symphonic Fantasies. Xenogears' soundtrack is MUCH better than Chrono Cross', but it always gets ignored.

1stStrike

Banned
I like both soundtracks, but I do think that Xenogears is superior overall. There's nothing in Chrono Cross's soundtrack that can compare to Bonds of Sea and Fire IMO

Nekofrog

Banned
At the risk of sounding racist, I could never really stand the sound of all those Japanese women singing all at once. Nails on a chalkboard.

B.K.

Nekofrog said:
At the risk of sounding racist, I could never really stand the sound of all those Japanese women singing all at once. Nails on a chalkboard.

There weren't any Japanese women singing anything in the Xenogears soundtrack.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I'd import this day one if it were the full soundtrack rather than "best of / fan faves". But it is what it is so I'ma be in wait-an-see mode instead. 10 tracks is to low for the high price it'd cost ta get it so hopefully there's abit more then that! Someone tweeter SquareEnix an tell 'em to release this on the PSN store. Buying it with JP PS Bucks'd prolly be cheaper than getting it physically.

Top Bottom