• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix and Mitsuda working on Xenogears Orchestral Album - MYTH (23rd Feb 2011)

B.K.

Lindsay said:
10 tracks is to low for the high price it'd cost ta get it so hopefully there's abit more then that!

It was originally only going to be 10 tracks, but Mitsuda increased it to 14.

hsukardi

Good god I still cannot believe this is coming true!!!!

I've waited so long for Chrono Cross arranged but Xenogears Orchestral is FINE!!!

B.K.

duckroll said:
Yes, I'm sure Nintendo would love their employees to make PSP games. Definitely.

If he leaves Monolithsoft for a while and goes back to Square Enix, he won't be a Nintendo employee anymore. He can go crawling back to Square Enix like Matsuno.

duckroll

B.K. said:
If he leaves Monolithsoft for a while and goes back to Square Enix, he won't be a Nintendo employee anymore. He can go crawling back to Square Enix like Matsuno.

So who's going to actually make the game if he leaves Monolithsoft? :p

hsukardi

Honestly the good old JRPG days are long gone.. Can't see anyone making them good shit anymore : (

Wonder why they commissioned a Xenogears Orchestral album out of the blue.
I am definitely going to import this.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
B.K. said:
It was originally only going to be 10 tracks, but Mitsuda increased it to 14.

Thats alil better I think. Depends on the price though.

duckroll said:
Yes, I'm sure Nintendo would love their employees to make PSP games. Definitely.

Well theres no saying they couldn't remake it for DS/3DS! Its not like its a exclusive Sony game!

Lindsay said:
I'd import this day one if it were the full soundtrack rather than "best of / fan faves". But it is what it is so I'ma be in wait-an-see mode instead. 10 tracks is to low for the high price it'd cost ta get it so hopefully there's abit more then that! Someone tweeter SquareEnix an tell 'em to release this on the PSN store. Buying it with JP PS Bucks'd prolly be cheaper than getting it physically.

try to be at least 1% realistic in your posts. if you want every track to be re-arranged with a full orchestra, it would take multiple CDs of work. the OST was a 2 disc release, crafting multiple discs of re-arranged material for every track is nuts and unnecessary. and even then, you'd call it too expensive anyway.

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201012/28037442.html

xoob8.jpg

- 23rd Feb 2011
- 14 tracks
- 3000yen

Track List:

01. Light from the Netherworlds
02. My Village is Number One
03. Flight
04. The Treasure which cannot be Stolen
05. Stage of Death
06. Shebat: The Wind is Calling
07. June Mermaid
08. Bonds of Sea and Fire
09. Singing of the Gentle Wind
10. Ship of Regret and Sleep
11. Lost... Broken Shards
12. The Beginning and the End
13. Small Two of Pieces
14. Faraway Promise

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
01. Light from the Netherworlds
02. My Village is Number One
03. Flight
04. The Treasure which cannot be Stolen
05. Stage of Death
07. June Mermaid
09. Singing of the Gentle Wind
10. Ship of Regret and Sleep
11. Lost... Broken Shards
12. The Beginning and the End
13. Small Two of Pieces
14. Faraway Promise
I just wet myself.

Tabris said:
...or an original game? ... some people :|
Well, it'd be damn nice if someone would do a remake that actually finished the game. This is a case where a remake could be a lot more than just updated graphics and sound, because, you know, that last disc that had a lot of just a person in a rocking chair telling the story...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This might be the first arranged Square Enix album where I have zero issues with the selected track list. The only track that I can think of that should have possibly been included on this are Forest of the Black Moon and One Who Bares Fangs at God, and even then the former isn't really needed.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Holy crap, Ship of Regret and Sleep... That piece seriously gives me chills to this day. That, and The Beginning and the End. So that's why he brought back the Bulgarian choir :D

I am looking forward to this album more than pretty much anything.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
07. June Mermaid
13. Small Two of Pieces
14. Faraway Promise

Yay.

Too bad there's no Omen.

B.K.

hsukardi said:
The arrangement isn't particularly creative but the instrumentation is awesome, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!! :D :D

The songs don't need much arrangement. When they're arranged too much, you get a horrible album like Xenogears Light.

B.K.

SleazyC said:
Get chills down my spine everytime I hear the sample. Looks like the CD is up on amazon.jp for preorder. So mine!

Amazon.jp page

Does amazon.jp ship CDs to America? There are a few books I'd like to order from them, so if they'll ship CDs, I might order Myth from them.

B.K.

Duderz said:
Still one of the best video game soundtracks ever. Damn, I can't wait for this.

It's too bad Mitsuda used up most of his talent on Chrono Trigger and Xenogears though. Nothing he's done since has measured up to those two.

Duderz

Banned
B.K. said:
It's too bad Mitsuda used up most of his talent on Chrono Trigger and Xenogears though. Nothing he's done since has measured up to those two.

I'd consider Chrono Cross just as good as either of those (Now, since then, I don't think anything he's done has measured up).

B.K.

Duderz said:
I'd consider Chrono Cross just as good as either of those (Now, since then, I don't think anything he's done has measured up).

I don't know. I personally hated the Chrono Cross soundtrack. There were only three or four songs on it that I liked that weren't remixes of songs from Chrono Trigger.

Feep

Banned
Did anyone else see the thread title change to MYTH and was like, "Oh God, it was fake?! Nooooooo!"

B.K. said:
I don't know. I personally hated the Chrono Cross soundtrack. There were only three or four songs on it that I liked that weren't remixes of songs from Chrono Trigger.
Shitty troll?

Shirokun

anaron

Ep.1's soundtrack is outstanding and so criminally underrated. Of course it was also horribly utilized in the game it was made for. :/

Ledsen

I'd say Xenogears has more good tracks than Chrono Cross, but the best tracks in CC (the intro and overworld tracks for example) are way better than the best tracks in XG.

Wazzim

Banned
B.K. said:
You have no soul!

ITA84

B.K. said:
The music in Soma Bringer was pretty great, very Xenogears-ish.

Top Bottom