• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Blood of Bahamut

duckroll

BlazingDarkness said:
then what's the images from? any ideas?

http://gamerank.saidoc.com/

It's from a web survey conducted about a potential new RPG for PSP. The premise is that Dragoon Gears are a mix of dragons and machines with human pilots. They ask you feel about several things regarding game content, concept, length and so on. They also ask how you feel about Artepiazza, the developer of DQ4-6 DS, so it might be something they're working on at the moment.

batbeg

Shadow780 said:
please be this, please be this, please be this

Agreed.

But that art doesn't seem anything like it, unless all those floating islands were actually... lands on moving collosi :O

...eh, probably not :( Either way, it looks fucking awesome.

And are those PSP images for a real game as well, because those also look pretty cool :D

Edit: See this was just answered. Cool stuff if it develops into anything more.

Shahadan

I see a lot of interesting plot ideas and scenaristic developments with these colossi.
Unfortunately it is square enix, so I expect a basic boring shit in this aspect.

Jonnyram

Shahadan said:
I see a lot of interesting plot ideas and scenaristic developments with these colossi.
Unfortunately it is square enix, so I expect a basic boring shit in this aspect.
Your avatar implies you have some belief somewhere inside you though :) Drakengard was certainly the most interesting story Square Enix has put out in the last 10 years.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Nice art, nice music. Where does the sprite icon come from exactly? And has anyone translated the text in the intro?

I hope it's a new 2D RPG, I kinda miss Square kicking ass in that department.

batbeg

Rei_Toei said:
Nice art, nice music. Where does the sprite icon come from exactly? And has anyone translated the text in the intro?

I hope it's a new 2D RPG, I kinda miss Square kicking ass in that department.

fcvbeq.png

farnham

Banned
duckroll said:

It's from a web survey conducted about a potential new RPG for PSP. The premise is that Dragoon Gears are a mix of dragons and machines with human pilots. They ask you feel about several things regarding game content, concept, length and so on. They also ask how you feel about Artepiazza, the developer of DQ4-6 DS, so it might be something they're working on at the moment.
Opu-na.png

duckroll said:

Game content - hot women with huge titties, dragons, burly Arnold Schwarzenegger-like men with giant swords or arcane-looking miniguns, dungeons that don't suck.
Concept - Arnold Schwarzenegger rides a Dragoon Gear armed with a minigun and a huge sword to fight some evil dude. Along the way he meets hot women with huge titties and dragons.
Length - About 50+ hours of overall game content would suffice. Too much more than that and you end up with pacing problems. Too little and you feel like the game is too short. It is a portable game, so pacing and overall digestibility is very important.
Artepiazza - Is there going to be an Opoona cameo?

RpgN

It looks and sounds really good. I don't mind if it's a ds or psp game, but I do prefer a psp version. So much can be done with the cinematic, it looks like this is all about atmosphere.

batbeg

1cesc said:
Is Bahamut the Japanglicized spelling of Behemoth?

...no? I can't even imagine why you'd think that, especially as SE themselves have displayed use of both Bahamut and Behemoth in several games.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Bahamut Lagoon was all about flying/floating battleships, basically enormous rocky islands with fortifications and artillery build upon them. If this is a sequel, maybe we'll be fighting while these giants walk around carrying our home base? :eek:

Scrubking

Hey, a new game! GREAT!

Glad to see Square is coming out with new stuff while Crystal Bearers is in fucking limbo. Good job Square. Excellent.

Where is your damn Wii support Square??

near

Gold Member
Yay, another SotC ripoff.

Pretty sure this is another DS game from them, and probably won't have anything to do with Bahamut Lagoon.

-Kh-

Banned
People whining so much for the yet still unknown platform of the game.

And why even care on what platform it ends up on? Besides mobiles I plan on playing SE games no matter what platform.

Console fanboyism, get over it.

And the art looks great, and for people saying that it is a SotC ripoff, it might even be the case where wou won't even fight the dude with the city on top.

Aru

Scrubking said:
Hey, a new game! GREAT!

Glad to see Square is coming out with new stuff while Crystal Bearers is in fucking limbo. Good job Square. Excellent.

Where is your damn Wii support Square??

They are supporting the Wii > DQ Swords, Chocobo's Dungeon, My Life As A King, Soul Eater and... Echoes of Time :p

Ok I'm already outside :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zanasea said:
Because DS would mean: waste of talent.

ya i no the ds is da worst console ever it's like u just waggle ur pointy-stick to make ur dude move and i'm like "lol n64 graphics". lol ninthings clinging to ridge racer ds and lost magic :lol :lol pathetic!!!!

Aru

Stumpokapow said:
ya i no the ds is da worst console ever it's like u just waggle ur pointy-stick to make ur dude move and i'm like "lol n64 graphics". lol ninthings clinging to ridge racer ds and lost magic :lol :lol pathetic!!!!

Damn, this post hurts my eyes !

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
How it is even possible to fuck this thread up already with this nonsense when the platform is still unknown is beyond me.

RpgN

Zanasea said:
Because DS would mean: waste of talent.

Now now, don't be radical. My opinion on the matter, remakes like DQIV and FF games work very well on the ds. Games like TWEWY are very unique and makes use of the ds. There are games that require better graphics to give an overall better experience. Horror games wouldn't work much on the ds and games like Ico has wowed many with its atmosphere. Now it's too soon to say what kind of game this SE game is, but judging by the artwork and style, it would fit better on the psp.

Rei_Toei said:
How it is even possible to fuck this thread up already with this nonsense when the platform is still unknown is beyond me.
People enjoy fighting over silly things. Anyways the design for Bahamut (from what we can see) looks a lot like the design for his card in Lord of Vermilion:

Lov15.jpg

Kyoufu

Rei_Toei said:

Square-Enix related threads are always ALWAYS fucked up on GAF :(

Haeleos

This is taking "Good Artists Borrow, Great Artists Steal" to a whole other level. It's one thing to be inspired by something... but come on.

Aeana

Apparently, it is in Jump, and it's on DS. The guy who scanned the Dissidia feature mentioned it, but didn't scan or give any info about it beyond the platform.

duckroll

Blood of Bahamut is a DS game, and it's in next week's Jump. But because there's a lack of Nomura involvement, that's about all I can tell you now. People on 2ch with the mag aren't interested!

vareon

duckroll said:
Blood of Bahamut is a DS game, and it's in next week's Jump. But because there's a lack of Nomura involvement, that's about all I can tell you now. People on 2ch with the mag aren't interested!

2ch doesn't care about a game that *might* have a relation to Bahamut Lagoon?

>:[

Top Bottom