• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Blood of Bahamut

-Kh-

Banned
chandoog said:
meanwhile the other side has a 15 year old game as its biggest release :p

Just because it is being released already in America too, but it seems that for SE in Japan, Dissidia is a much bigger game than CT, well we already know that Nomura has nothing to do with CT, so that's a given.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
sony should really push developers for closer release dates in US and EU where they really need some quality psp titles fast.

-Kh-

Banned
chandoog said:
sony should really push developers for closer release dates in US and EU where they really need some quality psp titles fast.

Sony is too busy doing I don't know what, to push developers to do anything this gen :(

Durante

Regulus Tera said:
What is it with GAF's sudden vocal group against the DS? They weren't around here last month.
I was around since launch. And I have continued to be around since I bought one almost 2 years ago :D

Anyway, Bahamut Lagoon was great, so if it's related to that and 2D I'll be interested.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dragona Akehi said:
You might be surprised once you see it, considering the platform.

Perhaps the fanboys will be right on this one, for once!

Which fanboys ? nomura fc ?

RpgN

Dragona Akehi said:

You got me intrigued. 5 more days until we find out :D

And which fanboys are you speaking of? Nomura?

-Kh-

Banned
Well fortunately this game main focus are the mytical creatures and they look nothing like a Nomura design.

So I hope the main characters do not suffer from the Nomura curse.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spiegel said:
Gackt-like people dressed as bahamuts battling for true bahamut love

actually i could see that happen :lol
true bahamut love :lol :lol :lol

Vinci

Danish
ZephyrFate said:
Colossus existed before SOTC, guys.

Nonsense. Something can't exist till someone gives a shit about it. Case in point, nobody gave a damn about colossi till SOTC.

Therefore, they did not exist prior to it.

Thus, this is a rip-off.

Also, there are people hating on the DS? Get the hell out of my hobby, you soulless heathens.

xfactor

Banned
-Kh- said:
I don't know about that, but the PSP is getting the biggest new IP of Q4 from SE, Dissidia.
The DS gets the biggest old IP tho :lol

well....Dissidia haven't been released yet isn't it? :p

kevm3

To be honest, Nomura is one of the biggest reasons I'm starting to dislike Squaresoft. I find his designs to be too stale. I wish FF14 would go back to Amano to see how his designs would be translated over with all this power we currently have from consoles.

This game looks good. The music reminds me of old school square games, which is a good thing.

Dragona Akehi said:

If it wasn't confirmed to be a DS game by Duckroll, I'd almost think this post is hinting at a Wii game.

One that doesn't look like buttered ass and control like shit.
J/K

kevm3 said:
To be honest, Nomura is one of the biggest reasons I'm starting to dislike Squaresoft. I find his designs to be too stale. I wish FF14 would go back to Amano to see how his designs would be translated over with all this power we currently have from consoles.

This game looks good. The music reminds me of old school square games, which is a good thing.

i think amano works over at mistwalker with sakaguchi

duckroll

wangman31888 said:
i think amano works over at mistwalker with sakaguchi

Stop talking nonsense. Amano is a freelance artist. His work is a lot more prolific than just videogames. He has never worked at Square and was never a Square employee, and he does not work at Mistwalker. He has never done anything with or for Mistwalker, period.

duckroll said:
Stop talking nonsense. Amano is a freelance artist. His work is a lot more prolific than just videogames. He has never worked at Square and was never a Square employee, and he does not work at Mistwalker. He has never done anything with or for Mistwalker, period.

i see now that the mistwalker thing is incorrect, but the stuff about never working at square or being a square employee is crazy. he is listed as working in the animation and art department in imdb for Square.

edit: link - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0023923/

Zilch

Banned
wangman31888 said:
i see now that the mistwalker thing is incorrect, but the stuff about never working at square or being a square employee is crazy. he is listed as working in the animation and art department in imdb for Square.

edit: link - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0023923/

He works as a freelance artist and in the past has been commissioned (and paid) to create art for Square. He has never been a Square employee.

-Kh-

Banned
xfactor said:
well....Dissidia haven't been released yet isn't it? :p

And your point is??

Dissidia is a December game, December is Q4 (not FY, but calendar), so, what is your point again?

Mine is: the PSP is getting the biggest new IP of Q4 from SE, Dissidia.
The DS gets the biggest old IP tho

xfactor

Banned
-Kh- said:
And your point is??

Dissidia is a December game, December is Q4 (not FY, but calendar), so, what is your point again?

Mine is: the PSP is getting the biggest new IP of Q4 from SE, Dissidia.
The DS gets the biggest old IP tho

Which will prove my previous post that the PSPers have nothing to do at the moment (since Dissidia haven't been released).

PolyGone

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
I noticed the city on the colossus' shoulder instead of the fact that it is a colossus itself. Colossus existed before SOTC, guys.

but the mask, the glowing green eyes, come on

bluemax

Banned
Bahamut Lagoon was pretty mediocre in terms of game play and story (The princess ugh).

I hope that if this is in some way related to Bahamut Lagoon they actually bother to make it balanced this time around. And you know not full of shitty characters.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
PolyGone said:
but the mask, the glowing green eyes, come on

Exactly, it's not the fact that it's a colossus, it's that the design is so similar. You could put it in a line up with the SOTC colossi and, other than the scale, it wouldn't look out of place at all. Seeing it though, kinda makes me wish there was a Colossus that big in SOTC. Finding out half the forbidden valley was the 17th colossus...

I wish this ended up playing like a mix between Bahamut Lagoon and Rocket Slime, with monster-born city states going to war across desolate wastelands for the few remaining resources of a dying world or some shit like that.

But it's probably just going to be another pretty DS RPG :\

Aeana

Looks VERY interesting. I'm glad it's turned out to be some sort of RPG... but it doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before.

kittel

Great graphics... the "ancient ruin" textures on the Bahamut along with the UI in the battlefield reminds me of the graphical quality of Revenant Wings :D :D :D

duckroll

Cool logo. Can't say much else about it. At least the screenshots resemble the artwork. If it's really a 4 player action game on platforms where you just fight waves of enemies before striking at the giant when it comes close I can't say I'm very interested at all.

kittel

OK my Japanese is poor but I'm assuming that is that this is going to be a 4 player RPG on the DS, with huge colossus fights and the two screens in Jump are for different players Yui and Ibuki on the same plane.

Edit: Beaten

kittel

Dascu said:
That kind of looks like a fighting game.

Is that big statue in the back 3D?

Look at the scan carefully. It's a RPG; that's probably the battlefield screen. Yes, it's 3D since it says that the arm is a hazard (it moves). You're probably suggesting a brawler, not a fighting game. In that I would agree a little. ARPGS started out as 2D brawlers in a limited plane with RPG elements such as story, overworld, etc. I mean look at the Tales series.

Edit: BTW for those who want a little more description for the two screens I'm seeing 2D sprites on a 3D plane, with enemies also 2D and the colossus 3D in the background. It's not know from the screens if the battle plane has a third axis. It's suggested that the screens are for different players Ibuki (protagonist) and Yui (since this is a 4 player RPG).

Top Bottom