• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix TGS Line Up

Dascu

sphinx said:
Dragona's knowledge about FF:CC:TCB not being dead makes me think it will be a megaton of epic proprotions once we know what has the game turned into.

something happened to that game, something magical :) and there is no way SE won't announce stuff for Wii.

DQ9 on DS -> FFXIII on 360 -> and now... FF ???? on Wii.

just wait and see.
You're probably just setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

sphinx said:
Dragona's knowledge about FF:CC:TCB not being dead makes me think it will be a megaton of epic proprotions once we know what has the game turned into.

something happened to that game, something magical :) and there is no way SE won't announce stuff for Wii.

just wait and see.
they made it into a port of 13

sphinx

the piano man
Dascu said:
You're probably just setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

and why? because we better not expect anything to avoid dissapointment?

.- the game was going to get a big budget in any case ->
.- Wii sells like crazy and SE hides the game from everyone. ->
.- Good source confirms after loong months the game is not dead. ->
.- MEGATON

are you suggesting, with the Wii having 4x or whatever times the userbase of the other consoles in Japan, that SE will make out of FF:CC:TCB something lame or poor or unimportant?

oh, and I forgot the " Crystal tools " engine that supports the Wii, We haven't seen anything about that. Do you think SE made it Wii friendly just for the lulz?

wsippel said:
Maybe tCB is FF Haeresis XIII now. Well, probably not, but Haeresis is yet to be announced...
I think this is the most likely scenario.

With all the dev time, you'd think Crystal Bearers IS FF13 =(

wsippel said:
Maybe tCB is FF Haeresis XIII now. Well, probably not, but Haeresis is yet to be announced...
Or better yet, tCB is Final Fantasy XIV (w/ newly converted turn-based system to attract the Japanese fans), and SE withholded info for the game because they don't even have all the info out for FFXIII yet...:lol

wsippel

Banned
Aaron Strife said:
I think this is the most likely scenario.

With all the dev time, you'd think Crystal Bearers IS FF13 =(
I think it's highly unlikely. FFXIII/ FNC is all Studio 1 (Kitase/ Nomura), tCB is Studio 2, basically the former FFIX and FFXII teams/ TGDS (Kawazu/ Itahana). I don't think they'd do a single entry in the series developed by a completely different team, including a different producer and designer.

Askia47

hmm I wonder when the new MMO will be announced. And watch the ff4 cellphone stuff come out for the iphone/ipod in america.

Aeana

wsippel said:
Battle Road is an arcade game similar to DQ:S. Uses Wii-based arcade hardware if I remember correctly.

It's not similar to Dragon Quest Swords at all. It's a monster battling game that takes Dragon Quest 8's arena and expands upon it considerably.

wsippel said:
I think it's highly unlikely. FFXIII/ FNC is all Studio 1 (Kitase/ Nomura), tCB is Studio 2, basically the former FFIX and FFXII teams/ TGDS (Kawazu/ Itahana). I don't think they'd do a single entry in the series developed by a completely different team, including a different producer and designer.
sure they would.

1.jpg

wsippel

Banned
Aeana said:
It's not similar to Dragon Quest Swords at all. It's a monster battling game that takes Dragon Quest 8's arena and expands upon it considerably.
Sorry. I guess I thought of something else, then...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Threi said:
*looks at published date*

that...is kind of scary.

It's been a while since I've last read it, but you're right, really scary (in its accuracy):
Nintendo makes the majority of their money by leveraging their brand recognition during the early to mid-stages of a genre’s life cycle. The power of the Mario character can establish a Nintendo game as an early genre king and help tap into a new market segment for great profit. However, as they get later into the life cycle, the standardization of the genre mechanics and the intense demands of the hardcore population reduces the power of the brand.

A few major games will dominate the mature genre and it is unlikely that Nintendo’s will be one of them. Nintendo’s fixation on new genres and their unwillingness to pander completely and utterly to the existing hardcore audiences has made their name mud with many of the most vocal elite in the game industry.

Puts things in perspective.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'll just keep expectations low like I did for the private party event back in August :D
... which ended up being better than I thought it was going to be.

Aeana

Rpgmonkey said:
Believe? :(

I hope the DQIX trailer shows more gameplay. Or at least isn't old...

It's not like we'll see it, anyway. We never saw the one from last TGS, either.

Rpgmonkey

Aeana said:

Hmm, they never did show that outside of TGS, did they? Thought they did already...

I think I'm still going to keep my expectations about the SE stuff pretty low. This thread reminded me not to get too excited. :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rpgmonkey said:
Hmm, they never did show that outside of TGS, did they? Thought they did already...

I think I'm still going to keep my expectations about the SE stuff pretty low. This thread reminded me not to get too excited. :/

Rolling media blackouts!

sphinx

the piano man
Dragona Akehi said:
People, stop. Just. Stop.

FF:CC confirmed to exist is already interesting.

whether it remained an entry in the CC world or it turned into a FF13 spin-off or anything else will stay a mystery until announced and revealed.

what I think is that it WILL be important, whatever it is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
sphinx said:
FF:CC confirmed to exist is already interesting.

whether it remained an entry in the CC world or it turned into a FF13 spin-off or anything else will stay a mystery until announced and revealed.

what I think is that it WILL be important, whatever it is.

I don't think that'll happen.

lyre

Kagari said:
I don't think that'll happen.
You're right; it's gonna be rebranded with the FF7 license instead so it'll sell better. Hey, it worked before. Just imagine: FF:CC-II.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lyre said:
You're right; it's gonna be rebranded with the FF7 license instead so it'll sell better. Hey, it worked before. Just imagine: FF:CC-II.

The sad part is, Square would do something like that :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aeana said:
The best we can hope for is a few new seconds if Nintendo has a conference this year. :\

Unless, of course, S-E is taking a page from Nintendo's book and that tentative 08 date is actually accurate.

:lol

Aeana

jj984jj said:
The best we can hope for is a few new seconds if Nintendo has a conference this year. :\

Unless, of course, S-E is taking a page from Nintendo's book and that tentative 08 date is actually accurate.

:lol

The 2008 date is definitely not right, but duckroll and I were doing some research earlier, and he came across something interesting: FF12 wasn't even at TGS 05, and it came out in March 06. Looking further back, I found that DQ5 PS2 wasn't at TGS 03 and it came out in March 04. I think it's possible that Wada wasn't lying when he said DQ9 could be out this fiscal year. It could land in March 09, too.

DQ6's absence could also be a clue here, too. If DQ6 were here, I think it would be obvious that it's coming before DQ9... but it's not, so maybe it isn't?

Rpgmonkey

Aeana said:
The 2008 date is definitely not right, but duckroll and I were doing some research earlier, and he came across something interesting: FF12 wasn't even at TGS 05, and it came out in March 06. Looking further back, I found that DQ5 PS2 wasn't at TGS 03 and it came out in March 04. I think it's possible that Wada wasn't lying when he said DQ9 could be out this fiscal year. It could land in March 09, too.

DQ6's absence could also be a clue here, too. If DQ6 were here, I think it would be obvious that it's coming before DQ9... but it's not, so maybe it isn't?

If it happens to come out after IX, maybe they really do plan on making it significantly different from the original?

It'd be nice if it managed to release by March 09...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aeana said:

Makes sense, why release DQIX and FFXIII in the same FY if they're ready for release in separate ones, right?

Tideas

Banned
sphinx said:

just wait and see.

....wow, :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Aeana said:

DQ9 in March as well as the FFXIII demo...
FFXIII JP release at the end of 2009.
D:...

Jigsaw

Banned
wsippel said:
I think it's highly unlikely. FFXIII/ FNC is all Studio 1 (Kitase/ Nomura), tCB is Studio 2, basically the former FFIX and FFXII teams/ TGDS (Kawazu/ Itahana).

ff12 was studio 4 afaik,they have nothing to do with studio 2

Top Bottom