• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix TGS Line Up

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Actually, as well as that, this is for Square Enix's stand, I believe, and they will only have handhelds there. If there is playable 360 / PS3 software, it will probably be at MS/Sony stands. But I wouldn't bet on too much being available to play anyway. Last year Project Sylpheed was at the MS stand. I guess this year will just be Last Remnant & IU.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. That's probably the case.

Soule

TT_____TT crystal bearers....

Death_Born said:
Because CC is the mediocre FF series spinoff that everyone forgot about. Kind of like the Neanderthals being killed off by the smarter early humans, and becoming a dead-end evolutionary branch.
I just got out of a lecture an hour before this post about that exact topic o_O

Wurm said:
So they'd commit sales suicide by shunting DQ9 to PSP. That'll sure show those SE devils!!
It would be a silly move that would harm both sides, but it's not like they depend on S-E for success. They've already published three games on DS bigger than any Dragon Quest so far.

Aeana

kpop100 said:
There's about as much chance of them handing out free copies of the final build at TGS as it has of coming out this year.

I don't think anybody actually believes that it will come out this year, which is why I said it was weird.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Shig said:
I had forgotten they announced another Chocobo Tales game.

Excitement!
It`s actually a pseudo-port of the Wii Chocobo Dungeon for DS with some new stuff.

Aeana

Alaluef said:
It`s actually a pseudo-port of the Wii Chocobo Dungeon for DS with some new stuff.

There are two upcoming Chocobo DS games: the port of the Wii Chocobo game, and Chocobo Tales 2.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
duckroll said:
No, there's also a sequel to Chocobo Tales. There are two Chocobo games. :p
Aeana said:
There are two upcoming Chocobo DS games: the port of the Wii Chocobo game, and Chocobo Tales 2.
Shit, I completely forgot Tales was getting a sequel and I consider myself a fan of the game. Nevermind it being listed on the thread and being on SE's site, I blame the early morning coffee.

Zoe

prodystopian said:
I see some of the titles have platform listed on that site, but what is the platform for FFIV:The After?

Site only says cellphone.

Stumpokapow said:
Mobile phone. It's been out for a long time.

Dragona's been hinting that it will hit here in another form.

Kandinsky

BlazingDarkness said:
stop whining about Crystal Bearers, it'll probably be shit anyway
Hey! considering it was better than the main game on the PS2 at that time(IMO obviously), let me whine all i want.....

Where's my FFCC:CB SE!!?!?!

:/

Tiduz

Eurogaime
BlazingDarkness said:
they said it wouldn't be playable at TGS anyway, because they are concentrating on getting the demo done for december (i think it was december)

i couldve sworn ive read there would be an onstage demo.

this news saddens me.

Zoe

BlazingDarkness said:
they said it wouldn't be playable at TGS anyway, because they are concentrating on getting the demo done for december (i think it was december)

It has to be completed by December in order to be pressed in time for March.

Zoe said:
Site only says cellphone.

Dragona's been hinting that it will hit here in another form.

Damn, I was hoping they were going to talk about whatever the other platform is. Thanks for the responses.

BlazingDarkness said:
stop whining about Crystal Bearers, it'll probably be shit anyway
Really?

Sure didn't look like "shit".

Sure looked like a fun ARPG to me.

Soo yea. . .
2mwtk79.jpg

Dever

Banned
Tiduz said:
i couldve sworn ive read there would be an onstage demo.

this news saddens me.

It just means it won't be playable at the show floor, we'll get to see gameplay for sure.

duckroll

Dever said:
It just means it won't be playable at the show floor, we'll get to see gameplay for sure.

Actually, if the previous TGS trailers were any indication, "we'll" get to see nothing except a few screens in magazine articles. :lol

Fady K

The Chocobo DS games.
Valkyrie Profile DS
Last Remnant
Chrono Trigger DS
Dissidia
Dragon Quest VI and IX
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days and Birth by Sleep
Star Ocean 4
FFXIII/VsXIII/Agito XIII
Parasite Eve 3rd Bday
IU

Over 15 games I really really want. I <3 Square-Enix.

DrDogg

What exactly are they going to show on video for FFXI? They can't announce a new expansion so soon after WotG. I can't see them making a TGS-exclusive trailer for the Sept version update. What gives?

Can we just get *something* on the new MMO Square? Please? A screen? A quote? Didn't the lead producer say it was "close" to being shown almost a year ago? WTF?!

Kyoufu

DrDogg said:
What exactly are they going to show on video for FFXI? They can't announce a new expansion so soon after WotG. I can't see them making a TGS-exclusive trailer for the Sept version update. What gives?

Can we just get *something* on the new MMO Square? Please? A screen? A quote? Didn't the lead producer say it was "close" to being shown almost a year ago? WTF?!

They're probably going to show content that is coming in future updates. Other MMO developers do this often at game shows.

But yeah, show us the new MMO! :(

Dever

Banned
duckroll said:
Actually, if the previous TGS trailers were any indication, "we'll" get to see nothing except a few screens in magazine articles. :lol

I'm optimistic, so what. :p They have to show the damn game sometime before March... Unless they're going to do it Like Rockstar and not release anything until people have the demo in their hands. I still think there's going to be a gameplay presentation, but yeah we probably won't get to see it.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I've been away from the gaming side for way too long. I didnt know that they were working on two Kingdom Hearts games. I'm pretty exited to see how those turn out.

Its annoying that there wont be any demo for any of the FFXIII games, but its no surprise though. I remember how long it took for SE to release info about FFXII.

duckroll

Dever said:
I'm optimistic, so what. :p They have to show the damn game sometime before March... Unless they're going to do it Like Rockstar and not release anything until people have the demo in their hands. I still think there's going to be a gameplay presentation, but yeah we probably won't get to see it.

There isn't going to be a gameplay presentation. There will be gameplay elements in the new trailer, but there is NO gameplay presentation. What makes you think they have to show the game BEFORE March? They have no intention of doing so at all. The demo will be the first time anyone sees FFXIII running in a PS3, and it will be on their own PS3.

sphinx

the piano man
Dragona's knowledge about FF:CC:TCB not being dead makes me think it will be a megaton of epic proprotions once we know what has the game turned into.

something happened to that game, something magical :) and there is no way SE won't announce stuff for Wii.

DQ9 on DS -> FFXIII on 360 -> and now... FF ???? on Wii.

just wait and see.

Top Bottom