• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix's Shinji Hashimoto - "Square/Nintendo" fans should watch May SE party

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
http://www.jeux-france.com/news19962.html

Originally found by fabinou on the banned "charts site" (Mods, I'm trying to give proper credit while not breaking any rules, mods feel free to edit if need be)

Babelfish French>English translation
-----------------------------------------

Shinji Hashimoto de Square Enix gave some details on the project Fabula Nova Crystallis at the time of an interview with the Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream, the person in charge indicates to us as well as the world of Final Fantasy XIII will be spread out over 10 years, a long period a little with the manner of the saga Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings. Hashimoto also announces that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers on Wii, for which one has very few details, will exploit the Wii controller fully, and recalls that Square Enix will make important advertisements of still unknown plays at the time of the Public garden Enix Party 2007 (May 12 and 13 next), Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa, by specifying (with a smile) that the fans of Nintendo and Enix Public garden should follow very close the event Square Enix Party the 2007 month next. In addition, the Japanese magazine Gamelabo publishes in its heading rumours rather interesting information which relates to Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky on Nintendo DS, apparently, it would be possible for the player to transfer the monsters which it will have raised on Nintendo DS towards Wii, information to be taken with tweezers of course. Lastly, the Japanese magazine Famitsu Wii & DS deliver its predictions to us on the next grosses left on Wii and Nintendo DS. According to them, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed black book on Nintendo DS could leave during July to Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Boxing ring of Fates in August, Super Mario Galaxy on Wii in October, Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky in November, and Super Bros Smash. Brawl on Wii in December. Last information to enclose this News dedicated to Square Enix, it would seem that Final Fantasy: Anniversary Edition on PSP, which left today to Japan and which is scheduled for next 26 June in the United States, contains already an option making it possible to activate the English subtitles as these images prove it.

(Source: Nintendo Dream/Gamelabo/Famitsu Wii & DS)

---------------------------------------

Sounds like next month will be very interesting. :)

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Damnit, I try to do a search and still somehow miss these things. :mad:

I guess it's just a good exercise in making myself look bad. :lol

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I missed this news, thanks. I also think KH III should be revealed for Wii.
And please give us some Wii FF Chronicles footage :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Lastly, the Japanese magazine Famitsu Wii & DS deliver its predictions to us on the next grosses left on Wii and Nintendo DS. According to them, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed black book on Nintendo DS could leave during July to Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Boxing ring of Fates in August, Super Mario Galaxy on Wii in October, Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky in November, and Super Bros Smash. Brawl on Wii in December.

Well that all wasnt in the other thread, and interesting. If Japan is getting all those Wii games so late, that probably means we wont get them to '08.

Also, FF Tactics A2: The Sealed Black Book?
Have we heard that subtitle before?

vanguardian1 said:
According to them, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed black book on Nintendo DS could leave during July to Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Boxing ring of Fates in August, Super Mario Galaxy on Wii in October, Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky in November, and Super Bros Smash. Brawl on Wii in December.
:lol

mclem

Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa, by specifying (with a smile) that the fans of Nintendo and Enix Public garden should follow very close the event Square Enix Party the 2007 month next.

This isn't just Itadaki Street, is it? That's Enix and Nintendo, *but* I thought it was old news, *but* on the other hand, it doesn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere in this release.

The day SE announces that they are releasing a mainline Final Fantasy (numbered) I will buy a Wii.

Well, maybe sooner than that....but that's beside the point.

wellsed

vanguardian1 said:
Babelfish French>English translation
-----------------------------------------

Shinji Hashimoto de Square Enix gave some details on the project Fabula Nova Crystallis at the time of an interview with the Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream, the person in charge indicates to us as well as the world of Final Fantasy XIII will be spread out over 10 years, a long period a little with the manner of the saga Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings. Hashimoto also announces that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers on Wii, for which one has very few details, will exploit the Wii controller fully, and recalls that Square Enix will make important advertisements of still unknown plays at the time of the Public garden Enix Party 2007 (May 12 and 13 next), Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa, by specifying (with a smile) that the fans of Nintendo and Enix Public garden should follow very close the event Square Enix Party the 2007 month next. In addition, the Japanese magazine Gamelabo publishes in its heading rumours rather interesting information which relates to Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky on Nintendo DS, apparently, it would be possible for the player to transfer the monsters which it will have raised on Nintendo DS towards Wii, information to be taken with tweezers of course. Lastly, the Japanese magazine Famitsu Wii & DS deliver its predictions to us on the next grosses left on Wii and Nintendo DS. According to them, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed black book on Nintendo DS could leave during July to Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Boxing ring of Fates in August, Super Mario Galaxy on Wii in October, Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky in November, and Super Bros Smash. Brawl on Wii in December. Last information to enclose this News dedicated to Square Enix, it would seem that Final Fantasy: Anniversary Edition on PSP, which left today to Japan and which is scheduled for next 26 June in the United States, contains already an option making it possible to activate the English subtitles as these images prove it.

(Source: Nintendo Dream/Gamelabo/Famitsu Wii & DS)

---------------------------------------

Sounds like next month will be very interesting. :)

Ah, Babelfish, forever delivering the funny.

F#A#Oo

Banned
what's interesting is the quote;

Dragon Quest IX were given to us by Japanese magazine Gamelabo that claims you will be able to transfer your raised monsters from the DS to the Wii.

Dragon Quest X confirmed!

neptunes

let the countless speculation commence.

kingdom Hearts seems likely, given how nomura has mentioned he's moved on.

Disney will probably want a piece of the current wii hype.

Square-Enix could probably get a higher staff member who's worked on the previous 2 to direct the next one, while using the same KH2 engine.

but each game in the series takes quite a long time to develop :(

birdchili

F#A#Oo said:
what's interesting is the quote;
Dragon Quest IX were given to us by Japanese magazine Gamelabo that claims you will be able to transfer your raised monsters from the DS to the Wii.

hrmmm... indeed.

i can't imagine this would be for use in swords (it doesn't seem to work with the gameplay we've seen of the title so far). some sort of other wii dq game likely incoming?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Diablos54 said:
Chrono Trigger 2 Wii...

BELIEVE.
Yes dammit! Take Matsui off FFXI, Higuchi and Tokita off the damn FF ports, put Kitase and Horii to oversee Kato's story again and let Mitsuda compose. Dream Project 2 should've been done a long time ago.

But this won't happen.

ethelred

Baryn said:
What do we have there, DQIX (and Oblivion-on-Rails, lawlz)? That's only technically a Square game.

Lawlz, eh? I'd take it over a new Kingdom Hearts or FF Versus by Nomura any day of the week. Maybe you just need to reevaluate your classifications of A and B teams.

In addition, the Japanese magazine Gamelabo publishes in its heading rumours rather interesting information which relates to Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky on Nintendo DS, apparently, it would be possible for the player to transfer the monsters which it will have raised on Nintendo DS towards Wii

No idea what to make of this. If the rumor has any substantiation, then my guess is DQIX will use a monster-based party ala Dragon Quest V for playing in the single-player mode. Wii connectivity, though? No idea.

madara

Finally the long over due Final Fantasy Traditional line comes! More in focus with FF1-6 then flashy and emo 7-11! Crazy iconic animation that even puts Wind Waker to shame!

Chris Michael said:
+VIII & IX (DS), pls. :)

How would that be possible? I think people forget these games covered upwards of 4 PS1 discs each. Downgraded graphics, no FMV, and half the game cut, maybe?

Come on, NFans... don't get too carried away here. I expect a XIII project for DS and a Chocobo Tales for Wii as the two 'mystery' Nintendo projects, much more on Crystal Chronicles for Wii, and more on DQIX for DS.

There will be no Chrono 3, so might as well stop with that Jesus Resurrection dream right now.

TheJollyCorner said:
How would that be possible? I think people forget these games covered upwards of 4 PS1 discs each. Downgraded graphics, no FMV, and half the game cut, maybe?

Is that even possible?

I've heard that Layton has a ton of FMV including voicework, so I've set my expectations a little higher for the DS to be able to handle some of the bigger PS1-era games.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
TheJollyCorner said:

Come on, NFans... don't get too carried away here. I expect a XIII project for DS and a Chocobo Tales for Wii as the two 'mystery' Nintendo projects, much more on Crystal Chronicles for Wii, and more on DQIX for DS.

There will be no Chrono 3, so might as well stop with that Jesus Resurrection dream right now.

PSP port?

I am down with that, just add voice acting and a "save anywhere" feature and I am set :D

Top Bottom