• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix's Shinji Hashimoto - "Square/Nintendo" fans should watch May SE party

Linkup

Stopsign said:
From the sounds of the rumor about transferring the monsters to the Wii, there is either a Wii version of Dragon Quest IX in the works or a Dragon Quest Monsters game coming to the Wii. I guess they could somehow fit it in with Dragon Quest Swords as well...

I'm thinking you'll be able to transfer monsters for a team in a battle arena in DQS. Companies have synced up this kind of connection months apart before and it wouldn't be hard to do.

wsippel

Banned
Grecco said:
Im gonna steal an idea from Anihawk. And say that

its-a-wonderful-world-20060922043833590.jpg

Gets announced as a major Wii Franchise after its DS version.
I could live with that I think...

GDGF

Soothsayer
I kinda have the feeling that whenever the Final Fantasy VII remake is announced, it will be announced for Wii.

Grecco

GDGF said:
I kinda have the feeling that whenever the Final Fantasy VII remake is announced, it will be announced for Wii.

I really dont want to see it. But admitedly the potential thread would put the Dreamcast/Dragon Quest threads to shame.

Tamanon

Banned
GDGF said:

People want a FF7 with improved graphics, not the same thing with waggle.

Tamanon

Banned
Rancid Mildew said:
If by people, you mean an underwhelming minority, you may be onto something.

So you're saying the overwhelming majority wants a FF7 game with waggle instead of improved graphics? Really?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Rancid Mildew said:
If by people, you mean an underwhelming minority, you may be onto something.

No, I'm pretty sure the majority want this...

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060115111747626.jpg

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060119005805734.jpg

When it comes to a FF VII remake. Unless they can reproduce this on Wii (somehow...I doubt this. But you can wonders with prerendered backgrounds...), then yeah.

StevieP

Banned
Tamanon said:
So you're saying the overwhelming majority wants a FF7 game with waggle instead of improved graphics? Really?

How are you not banned? You could've clung onto the graphics argument if you said Square shouldn't give an FF7 remake to the DS... but you're an idiot for even suggesting that a Wii-version of FF7 wouldn't have improved graphics. In fact, I don't know how you can say something so dumb without a laughing smiley or something.

When it comes to a FF VII remake. Unless they can reproduce this on Wii (somehow...I doubt this), then yeah.

Wasn't that demo originally intended to be done on the PS2, but they spruced up a few textures for it and claimed it to be PS3?

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060119005758781.jpg

Look at that screen... I don't see what's out of reach at ALL for the Wii, unless you believe that the Wii's capabilities revolve around what you've seen from third parties :lol

PolyGone

Banned
Kintaro said:
No, I'm pretty sure the majority want this...

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060115111747626.jpg

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060119005805734.jpg

When it comes to a FF VII remake. Unless they can reproduce this on Wii (somehow...I doubt this. But you can wonders with prerendered backgrounds...), then yeah.

yeah, and there are a ton of PS3 games that look as good as those shots / sarcasm

Tamanon

Banned
StevieP said:
How are you not banned? You could've clung onto the graphics argument if you said Square shouldn't give an FF7 remake to the DS... but you're an idiot for even suggesting that a Wii-version of FF7 wouldn't have improved graphics. In fact, I don't know how you can say something so dumb without a laughing smiley or something.

Gamers wouldn't be satisfied with a graphical update to Wii levels. That's not what they expect from Square RPGs now. That's all I was saying. I never said it wouldn't have improved graphics. Sorry you took it that way:p

Also, you really shouldn't get so angry over games, it's just not right.

StevieP

Banned
Tamanon said:
Gamers wouldn't be satisfied with a graphical update to Wii levels. That's not what they expect from Square RPGs now. That's all I was saying. I never said it wouldn't have improved graphics. Sorry you took it that way:p

I get annoyed when a clear minority thinks they speak for the majority, that's for sure.

Tamanon

Banned
StevieP said:
I get annoyed when a clear minority thinks they speak for the majority, that's for sure.

So, what percentage of gamers would you say do not want Next Gen graphics on a FF7 remake?

I never claimed to speak for a "majority" or a "minority", I said "people", that generally implies just some people, not everybody. I think you're a little tightly strung. It's kinda strange. Have you considered acupuncture?

Tamanon

Banned
Ya got me!

You win! I am now Captain of the FF7 for Wii bandwagon, sir. Your cogent arguments have persuaded me.

Thank you for opening the door to a new world!

Amir0x

Banned
waggle fans have become accustomed to thinking it's an either/or proposition. It'd be funny, if it wasn't so tragic :(

Amir0x

Banned
Bushido Blade would be something nice to revive, and it'd probably sell gangbusters since every Wii owner seems to beat it to the idea of 1:1 sword fighting.

Tamanon said:

You're going to hate me, but I actually overheard some people talking about gaming systems and said (and I'm quoting this): "Man, Wii has sooooo much better graphics than PS3."

And the others in the group agreed.

Scary world, isn't it?

Amir0x said:
you should have ****ing slapped them for being so blind

By the time I regained my composure, they'd already left.

The worst thing is that I have a horrible feeling it's going to happen more and more often soon enough. PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
You're going to hate me, but I actually overheard some people talking about gaming systems and said (and I'm quoting this): "Man, Wii has sooooo much better graphics than PS3."

Scary world, isn't it?
You should've joined their conversation and cried about how FFXIII is real time :lol.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

The worst thing is that I have a horrible feeling it's going to happen more and more often soon enough. PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.

of course when they pay for that shit

Grecco

Dragona Akehi said:

Memebers of the One Waggle Nation probably

lupin23rd

For the May party:

Square-Enix on Nintendo - "Thanks for buying our games, we're gonna give you guys a lot of good stuff this year (and next)."

Square-Enix on Sony - "FF13 and FF13 Versus are coming, guys."

Square-Enix on Microsoft - "Why didn't you buy FF11, ****ers?"

Sounds about right.

m

Deku

Banned
This 'news' is making a mountain out of a molehill. SE is a major Nintendo 3rd party, of course they're going to hint at announcements to get consumers interested. What those actual announcements are is not indicated and one person's 'big' announcement is another one's dud. And the scale becomes totally off the charts when its an employee hinting at a big announcement as employees will say almost anything about their products.

The only thing that we can say with certainty is that more games are on the way for the Wii and DS, but after DQIX, it should be pretty obvious that the SE shift to Nintendo platforms is pretty much a permanent thing.

cvxfreak

Dragona Akehi said:

It's true. I mean, I popped in a copy of Biohazard Gun Survivor on my PS3 and it looked like shit.

Meanwhile, the Wii can do stuff like Umbrella Chronicles.

There's no comparison. PS3 AM FAIL

Wiitard

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

Scary world, isn't it?

Maybe they meant that Wii's graphics are much better because they don't lead to cutting game content, make publishers incredibly risk averse. That kind of stuff.

Dragona Akehi said:

Scary world, isn't it?
Please let it be Americans, it had to be Americans right?

AniHawk

Grecco said:
Im gonna steal an idea from Anihawk. And say that

its-a-wonderful-world-20060922043833590.jpg

Gets announced as a major Wii Franchise after its DS version.

I wanted to say this earlier, but I still stand by it. The Wii will probably get some sort of [Insert Random Shit Here] of Mana game too.

Dragona Akehi said:

Scary world, isn't it?

Kinda reminds me of how the casuals I knew all thought PS2 had the best graphics last gen. Maybe Nintendo is onto something here.

AniHawk

Dragona Akehi said:
PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.

Exactly. I was shocked- SHOCKED the first time I heard someone say Excite Truck had "amazing" graphics, and was shocked the Wii was "only" $250. Not that there's anything wrong with Excite Truck. It's a badass game. But it's not on the same level of Motorstorm (graphically) or on a next gen system or anything.

What it'll come down to this gen is this: 360 hardcore fans (which I will be glad to join ONCE MICROSOFT LOWERS THE ****ING PRICE), and Wii casual fans. PS3 will probably wind up the Saturn/Gamecube 1 of the generation, where it has a good library, but it's largely ignored until the end of its lifespan until people "discover" it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Amir0x said:
Bushido Blade would be something nice to revive, and it'd probably sell gangbusters since every Wii owner seems to beat it to the idea of 1:1 sword fighting.

This is a very good idea. Hopefully Square listens.

AniHawk

..pakbeka.. said:
yeah, an "enchanced" port of the ps2 mana game

I don't think SE will give Wii the PSP treatment. They know it's gonna be huge, and they need their games on that system because it's the only userbase in Japan aside from the DS.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
AniHawk said:
What it'll come down to this gen is this: 360 hardcore fans (which I will be glad to join ONCE MICROSOFT LOWERS THE ****ING PRICE), and Wii casual fans. PS3 will probably wind up the Saturn/Gamecube 1 of the generation, where it has a good library, but it's largely ignored until the end of its lifespan until people "discover" it.

$299, I want to believe!!!!

Top Bottom