• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Got 23mil on my first run in one big combo. Then I kept trying to get close to it(for 2 hours), the closest I've gotten is 20mil which is basically,
you do a 10mil run and then at the end, the trick combo bonus is around 10-13mil (which I guess this is how I did the 23 one).

As I keep playing, it the game kinda guides you so you land correctly. One of the most obvious moments I had is when on the ice path to the dam,
I did a flip and stalled in mid-air but didn't crash and auto-corrected. I'm guessing the trick to a high score is more toward doing constant tricks rather than hitting stuff.

Jesus it took me like 2 hours to put up 16.4M. I know I can get it higher, I just keep breaking the trick combo at one point or another. If I could string one single combo it would be a massive score, but I usually end up with 2 or 3 really huge combos instead.

Does anyone know if RiderNet on the PS3 will support recommendations like the 360 version does? I found that was a great way to add people to my friend's list.

Teknoman

Can we take screenshots like in Hot Pursuit?

Does anyone know if RiderNet on the PS3 will support recommendations like the 360 version does? I found that was a great way to add people to my friend's list.

It should if I remember the way NFS: HP worked.

EDIT: Damn i'm rusty.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It should. Its even the same on PC.

My question is whether RiderNet suggested friends will be added just on RiderNet or onto PSN/Live. In other words, is RiderNet an independent sub-list or is it the same as PSN/live friends.

Because I can imagine having say 10 friends on PSN, but then those 10 plus 30 more on RiderNet. Sort of the way it is on PC, where all Origin friends are in Battlelog for BF3 and Autolog for NFS, but not all battlelog and autolog friends are on the master origin list.

Hawk SE

Added myself to 360 list. I played the demo before work and I am so glad I have the game pre-ordered in full already. I do feel a sickness coming on a week from today, though.

RedSwirl

I'm looking forward to digging into this tonight. It's been far too long since I played an SSX game.

Ksjca.jpg

That a good book?

My question is whether RiderNet suggested friends will be added just on RiderNet or onto PSN/Live. In other words, is RiderNet an independent sub-list or is it the same as PSN/live friends.

I know on XBL RiderNet will add friends to your actual XBL account. I'm curious to see if PSN works the same way. I know XBL has the whole "Friends of Friends" thing, but I don't think the PSN does.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Does anyone know if the songs for the custom soundtracks have to be on the console's hatd drive or can I connect my 360 to my phone and do it like that?

So I got a question for Swedish Gaf (or any one else that can answer it.) I'm thinking of buying the UK version instead of the Nordic version since it's cheaper. Does this lock me out of some potential DLC? I think this was the case with Uncharted 2 and it would suck if I wouldn't be able to get some of the future releases because of this.

On a side note, I haven't had the time to read through the thread yet, but is there any chance of Eddie becoming available for everyone in the future or is he Gamestop exclusive only?

EDIT: I'm playing on PS3 if that matters by the way.

So I got a question for Swedish Gaf (or any one else that can answer it.) I'm thinking of buying the UK version instead of the Nordic version since it's cheaper. Does this lock me out of some potential DLC? I think this was the case with Uncharted 2 and it would suck if I wouldn't be able to get some of the future releases because of this.

On a side note, I haven't had the time to read through the thread yet, but is there any chance of Eddie becoming available for everyone in the future or is he Gamestop exclusive only?

In Europe he is available to anybody that gets the "Limited Edition" which I think is the only version available at GAME and that other store I always forget the name of. Dunno about Sweden though.

MercuryLS

Banned
To the PS3-only guys, you're going to love this demo. Goddamn.

It plays alright on the XBox 360 controller, but I can't wait to play it with the DS3, I think it will play a lot better.

JackEtc

So I only got to do the run about 3 times before leaving for work.

I was having sort of a hard time getting used to the controls, especially the turning. I felt like I would turn WAAAYYYY too far in every direction when moving fast; it was like I barely had any control.

As far as tricks go, I don't know if this is the case for anyone else, but I barely know what buttons do what yet, but I'm pretty much doing tricks like I did as a kid playing SSX Tricky/3: Holding down both triggers, pushing the sticks in a direction, and pressing a face button. Just mashing and seeing what happens on screen. I'd like to learn them a little better though, since that isn't as fun as it was when I was a kid.

So I only got to do the run about 3 times before leaving for work.

I was having sort of a hard time getting used to the controls, especially the turning. I felt like I would turn WAAAYYYY too far in every direction when moving fast; it was like I barely had any control.

As far as tricks go, I don't know if this is the case for anyone else, but I barely know what buttons do what yet, but I'm pretty much doing tricks like I did as a kid playing SSX Tricky/3: Holding down both triggers, pushing the sticks in a direction, and pressing a face button. Just mashing and seeing what happens on screen. I'd like to learn them a little better though, since that isn't as fun as it was when I was a kid.

The button controls make most sense to me. Run yourself through the tutorial a few times and you'll start to get a feel for it. It does a good job of breaking it down, but here it is in text which may help you grasp it (pun intended) better.

Here are the four basic tricks:

X = left hand grabs left side of the board
B = right hand grabs right side of board
Y = both hands grab top of board
A = both hands grab bottom of board

And you can press two buttons in rapid succession (tap the first one, then quickly hold the second one) to do more complicated tricks. For these, the first button indicates what hand you use and the second indicates which part of the board that hand grabs.

Left hand tricks:

X->B = left hand grabs right side of board
X->Y = left hand grabs top of board
X->A = left hand grabs bottom of board

Right hand tricks:

B->X = right hand grabs left side of board
B->Y = right hand grabs top of board
B->A = right hand grabs bottom of board

Two hand tricks:

Y->X = both hands grab left side of board
Y->B = both hands grab right side of board
(I don't think there is a Y->A trick, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong)

For ALL of these tricks, press RT and you will tweak the trick out.

To do your unique SUPER UBER, press any of the three trick buttons (X, B, or Y) and BOTH RT and LT.

If you're on PS3 it's the same, A = Cross, B = Circle, X = Square, Y = Triangle.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Al the racers look so angry/annoyed in the OP!

Except Griff, seems like the only character looking to have any fun on the slopes.

ssowinski

Got a $40 ebgames gift card waiting to be burned for this game as log as the demo is good. No more blind buys for me without split screen multi.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I miss the loud *sproing* sound when an Uber is triggered. But damn if it isn't a fun SSX game like I remember. Now I pervishly await Elise's outfits.

Suairyu

Banned
So having never been in a sports game GAF thread before, what's the etiquette for adding people on the user list? Add everyone carte blanche? I know hardly any of you schmucks so I don't think "add only your friends" is gonna cut it!

AndyD

aka andydumi
So having never been in a sports game GAF thread before, what's the etiquette for adding people on the user list? Add everyone carte blanche? I know hardly any of you schmucks so I don't think "add only your friends" is gonna cut it!
Add anyone and everyone. Whatever you want.

I added everybody that was on the PSN list as of this morning, which was like 33 (North America only). My friend list is huge now, can't wait to see you all on RiderNet (which is awesome based on the Xbox demo, and I only have 4 friends on that one).

I'm in kind of the same boat, I don't know any of you. I've already gotten some adds but I feel that I can't go about adding everyone. Maybe just people from my own time zone?

StrikerObi said:
In Europe he is available to anybody that gets the "Limited Edition" which I think is the only version available at GAME and that other store I always forget the name of. Dunno about Sweden though.

Okay thanks, clears it up a bit. But all this exclusive stuff is just a mess to sort through.

rukland

By all means add everyone. I welcome more people on my friends list and the more that are on Ridernet the better

BrikHog

Neo Member
How's everyone doing in the trick event? I'll be going down the 360 list tossing friend requests soon.

Posted 21mil only 1 time. Cant get it after that, should have took a pic when I had the chance.

I cant win the race for the life of me however. the guy in first is always ahead by a huge amount. Then again racing is what im not really good at in SSX.

Oddly, I've ALWAYS been better at racing compared to tricking, but at least initially I am better at tricking than racing in this one. I can only beat the gold time by like 2 or 3 seconds but I can get the gold on the trick event by the time I am 3/4 done the run.

Top Bottom