• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Discovery Will Include Tribbles Because, At This Point, Sure, Why Not?

Effect

The writer of this article has been doing it for a while. I mean, be agnostic and take the information as it comes to you, but they seem to take every little piece of Discovery news and... write something like this about it. It's kind of tiresome.

Just wait until the show premieres. If it sucks, it sucks. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I've been trying to stay away from certain outlets and channels for a while with this show. Not saying ignore negative stuff but some people are super invested in hoping this show fails and some seem to be trying to actively work towards that by putting the most negative spin they can on every single thing being released and stated about the show. No matter how insignificant that piece of information there is. That's not being concerned or being objective. When said things don't actually end up being what they said and hoped, or the response actually ends up being positive by the general masses and general Trek fans they they decide to move the goal post back. Some seem to try their best to take any joy out of this.

I want this show more then ever to get really good reviews prior to release just to shut these people up. The best thing to happen is for the show to be good for them to start to be ignored even more.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
God I love that episode.

This was the best scene:

3.jpg

I don't know sir!

"I lied to Captain Kirk. I wish Keiko could have been here to see it"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Two interesting things about that scene:

1) It canonizes the difference in appearance between the Klingons from TOS and TNG.
2) That difference would later go on to be explained in the episode ENT: Affliction

I still say they missed the best possible joke, which was to have Worf just look like a TOS Klingon when they went back to the past, and have absolutely no one comment on the difference.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Kirks mom was onboard the Discovery.

Hell, might as well bring Picards great great grandparents as well.

DBT85

I still say they missed the best possible joke, which was to have Worf just look like a TOS Klingon when they went back to the past, and have absolutely no one comment on the difference.

Honestly I think that would have been the best solution for it anyway.

I mean, I like the way they tried to explain away a lack of budget on the original show, but just roll with it.

Or maybe it's going to be a five seconds sight gag and writing that article was a tremendous waste of energy.

I just tried using tremendous again and nope. Gonna need to wait for the Trump presidency to run its course before it stops feeling icky I guess.

nOoblet16

On top of DS9 never reaching the popularity of TNG streaming services are a huge issue. Unless Netflix or someone is willing to pay the bill there really is no reason to spend a lot of money on HD versions for Blu ray or whatever.

HD TNG hitting Streaming services as fast as it did for sure did major harm to any sales potential of the sets
Definitely but they didn't do themselves any favours by pricing the blu ray so high. One season alone would cost £20 and there was no box set available as far as I remember. So you had to buy them separately, a 20+ year old show costing £140 was nuts.

Which is why I was glad that the show hit Netflix when it did.

Effect

I've been wondering if other people thought that was what should have been done. Nice!

I get why they tried to explain it way. I don't think they did a bad job at the time in Enterprise. I've always been a fan and preferred it to be that how the Klingons look in the films onward is how they were always suppose to have looked. So while they clearly look different in TOS we were meant to be seeing them based on how Worf looked. That's really the most clean way of going about it. I'm still in favor of that with whatever was done in Enterprise and even the DS9 Tribble (no matter how much I enjoy it) episode being hit with with a retcon hammer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They should have the Star Trek characters watch an "ancient human two-dimensional film" and somehow shoehorn in a JJ Star Wars cameo at this point.

Top Bottom