• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Discovery's Lead Is Spock's Half-Sister

Syriel

Yeah... I'm not sure here. This is what I transcribed apropos to TrekMovie's liveblog tweets:

Something is wrong here, either with TrekMovie's and TrekCore's accounting of the liveblog or with the phrasing of whoever runs the show's official twitter account (which was then latched-onto by ComicBook.com and ScreenRant.com).

It was directly refuted by the official Star Trek Writing Staff twitter account which the above poster linked to. This thread is a real showcase of people not reading anything beyond the thread title before posting.

So is this real or not? lol

At this point, they might as well just make Sybok the captain of Discovery.

The sibling wording comes from a now deleted Tweet by the official CBS account. Someone dun goofed with "sibling" and it spread around the net at warp speed.

Blame it on someone at CBS not being good at social media.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Me too. It's on CBS all access anyway and I'm not paying for that just to watch this. I mean if it looked really good I probably would, but not for this, lol.

Kurtzman, you hack. Saving me some money though, so thanks!

MisterHero

I wonder if she has a betrothed per Vulcan marriage customs

and who will fight for her

Any reason to play the Amok Time music

Pesmerga00

While this just gets a meh from me, I hate how we can't just move forward in the time line. Let the og characters rest, do something new.

To me this is on par with Anakin built C3P0. Like what's the point?

I imagine they got a kid to come up with it like "And she should be Spock's half-sister, he just never talks about her. Oh and she has a phaser she built herself, but instead of a red laser, it shoots a yellow laser because yellow is my favorite color. It's not starfleet regulation, so she has to keep it secret, but the captain knows..."

So Is this legit or not? Hope its not, I despise tenuous connections to older stuff that just makes the Universe feel smaller and add a bunch of "clever" winks and nods

Top Bottom