• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars 1313 Announced (epic, awe-inspiring, action-packed, visceral thrill ride)

That guy is CLEARLY Dash Rendar. SotE prequel confirmed!

181209-dash.gif_large.jpg

antonz

Can't even wait until Monday to start shitting on this one? Damn GAF, you cold.

I think part of the issue is. Star Wars Fans and even just Lucasarts fans are very vocal in the games they want. Lucasarts much like its founder basically says fuck you we will make what we want.

No force will definitely give it a shadows of the empire feel... The images revealed look cool, the name of the game is simply terrible, but I'm tentatively excited!

antonz

yay? lol
superannuation
Star Wars 1313 has a provisional PEGI 18 rating, basically the EU equivalent of an M.
So I guess if you've been waiting for a violent Star Wars game with obsceneties, 1313 is your thing.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they dont want to ruin the marketability of boba fett by making him an emo pansy, so they made another emo pansy that looks like james franco to take the role of "questionable badass" in this game, but he'll probably just end up being a "boring badass" instead

the chris

I'm so glad they decided to go with this type of game instead of something people wanted like Battlefront 3 or at least a good bounty hunting game with a character that everyone loves...Dengar.

oTDLe.jpg

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Am I the only one who read the title as Star Wars "1337"? The high octane, visceral press release only reinforced that name.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This sounds like it is firmly in the world space Lucas was trying to put the live action TV show (code named Underworld - reportedly original trilogy Coruscant underworld crime family) in

Very interesting implication - the Clone Wars is sort of their current bread and butter, but this might mean the more adult Coruscant underworld stories are up next

antonz

This is using Unreal 3? That looks like CG quality, I'd say it's running Unreal Engine 4 and will be exclusive to PS4/720.

Its not that special. They are likely using advanced facial scanning tech etc for more realistic faces.

Black and white art makes me feel like I'm reading some old Cinefex Star Wars issue or something.

Really exciting direction despite the stupid PR. Unreal Engine leaves me with some concerns for how they will actually bring the art to engine without the shitty Unreal vibe many games have.

The core involvement of ILM could set this apart from any other game out there, really. Even if it is just an unimaginative roller-coaster of QTEs. It's probably going to have art, and craftsmanship that other games can't even imagine.

spanks

Linear as possible
QTEs, QTEs everywhere
Lame "badass" character
Derivative gameplay

Sounds like The Force Unleashed, but with bounty hunters. Not optimistic...

Top Bottom