• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars 1313 Announced (epic, awe-inspiring, action-packed, visceral thrill ride)

derFeef

The focus testing groups they had probably said that Kinect Star Wars required too much user input. A game of just QTEs is probably what Lucas Arts really wants to do.

I don't see any QTE mentioned, where are you guys getting that from? The bad PR or something?

dr_rus

So while everyone was asking for a new Jedi Knight or a Dark Forces remake they've decided to do another TPS/clone/whatever? Smart move.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Doesn't sound that bad to me, at least it's something new.

259943-are-you-fucking-kidding-me.png

Haunted

holy buzzwords Batman

Unfortunate PR language aside, this doesn't really tell us all that much about it.

whats up with the name? sounds so fucking stupid to me lol. if i went to buy it i'd have to say "yea gimme one Star Wars Tuhat Kolmesataa Kolmetoista"... in finland we don't say numbers in english when talking about entertainment titles. ever. so to say it in finnish sounds absolutely retarded. i assume it's the same with many other languages.. how would a french or italian person say it?

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter was on the right track to doing something amazing. How short are people's memories? This game could be goddamn incredible, especially if this is in fact Clint Hocking's project.

I can't believe how dismissive most of these posts are without seeing a single frame of video.
nvm it's NeoGAF

crispyben

whats up with the name? sounds so fucking stupid to me lol. if i went to buy it i'd have to say "yea gimme one Star Wars Tuhat Kolmesataa Kolmetoista"... in finland we don't say numbers in english when talking about entertainment titles. ever. so to say it in finnish sounds absolutely retarded. i assume it's the same with many other languages.. how would a french or italian person say it?
In France, we'd probably say "Star Wars treize treize", so "thirteen" repeated twice.

Rapstah

Pretty sure that's literally how every language does titles that contain numbers. I personally buy my games from places where I don't have to go to the cashier and ask for the product I'm looking for by title though, like most people have been doing since 1950.

In France, we'd probably say "Star Wars treize treize", so "thirteen" repeated twice.
ah yeah.. but that's also very awkward. just a terrible title IMO. i honestly don't know how i would say it. very confusing for a non-english speaker. i guess i'll call it Star Wars Yks Kolme Yks Kolme (one three one three). STILL hella awkward lol... fuck it i'll just call it "the new Star Wars game", for as long as it's the newest.

Visceral thrill rides are my favourite kind of thrill rides although I'm not a fan of Visceral Game's viceral thrill rides like Dead Space 2 and Dante's Inferno.

Woorloog

Banned
So, we get to play SW underworld?
With QTEs? (What else can cinematic gameplay mean?)

I said to my brother that the upcoming SW game annoucement is going to be something really really shitty that makes people to ask "yeah, can we just get Jedi Knight 4 kktxbai?".

d1rtn4p

So, just putting 2+2 together here. The fact the intro picture is a man kneeling with a gun, tells me that this will most likely be a shooter. I'm expecting a FPS in the sense of COD, especially using all those buzzwords they did. Not interested at all in this thus far.

fenners

The cynic in me says that PR was regurgitated from when TFU was first announced. Exciting collaborations between LEC, ILM & Skywalker Sound! Movie-like gameplay! Amazing cinematics! QTEs!

Tucah

you speak so well
So, just putting 2+2 together here. The fact the intro picture is a man kneeling with a gun, tells me that this will most likely be a shooter. I'm expecting a FPS in the sense of COD, especially using all those buzzwords they did. Not interested at all in this thus far.

OP says its a third person action game.

Munin

Jesus, people here are cynical as fuck. At least this game sounds a bit more ambitious than Star Wars Kinect or whatever.

Also love how people are whining over too many sequels in the industry all the time but now everyone's all like "MORE Jedi Knight" even though there's already been 5 fucking games with Kyle Katarn.

Woorloog

Banned
Jesus, people here are cynical as fuck. At least this game sounds a bit more ambitious than Star Wars Kinect or whatever.

Also love how people are whining over too many sequels in the industry all the time but now everyone's all like "MORE Jedi Knight" even though there's already been 5 fucking games with Kyle Katarn.

We want a Jedi Knight-like game, not necessarily more Kyle Katarn (though the guy is badass and you haven't played as him but in 3 games).
EDIT besides, cover based mechanics and cinematic gameplay is not something people want from Star Wars... Well, at least the people i know, inc. me.

This attitude is new to GAF?

The Boat

This is actually a return to the old, comedy heavy Lucas Arts as this PR release is clearly a parody of modern video games.

Rapstah

Jedi Academy - the last action game he was in - is older than the Gears of War series, the Killzone series, the Uncharted series as well as the Guitar Hero series. Sequel fatigue doesn't apply.

Fabrik

Banned

We are as cynical as LucasArts. We're cynical because there hasn't been a LucasArts project with scope and ambition in almost 10 years.

So it's not an open world game featuring Boba Fett carrying out assassinations throughout the galaxy?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

fenners

We are as cynical as LucasArts. We're cynical because there hasn't been a LucasArts project with scope and ambition in almost 10 years.

Force Unleashed & Indiana Jones era LEC had scope & ambition. Far too much scope/ambition for what they were capable of, sadly.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Out of all of yesterday's news, I think this and Tomb Raider are getting me hyped the most. Will there be any gameplay of this during E3?

bengraven

I secretly hope this game turns out to be awesome: critically and commercially a massive hit.

Because re-reading this thread in a few years would be fucking delicious.

Top Bottom