• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay Preview - IN-Game Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanna like this but Its gonna be Battlefront in name only. I don't think DICE I gonna keep any of the charm of the first 2, instead we are gonna get a very corporate experience. Premium, Server problems, Origin, and all the baggage that comes with that.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm so fucking in on this!

Just ignore the prequels let me have the game that will tickle my childlike sensibilities!

You're my only hope dice.

Gurish

Guys, between in-engine and actual in-game there is a world of difference, you can call this a CGI if you want to, it's more or less useless when it comes to how the game will actually look.

Bloodrage

Banned
MzfPtp7.gif

AU Tiger

VP of EA just told Keighley that it will be multiplayer for sure and "Ways that you can play alone as well"

MP bots confirmed?

AmyS

Hoth on DICE's Frostbite 3 engine seems like a perfect match.

The only people that could probably do a better job than DICE (with a larger team) on modern hardware would of course be
Factor 5.
They accomplished this in 2003 using hardware which had been designed mostly at the end of the 1990s.

That bit was gameplay? I honestly thought it was from one of the movies.

In-engine NOT in-game. There are a lot of really cool looking previews we'll see of "in-engine" footage that gets removed. That's because just because there is an engine doesn't mean that it's actually running on real hardware. They have to tune effects as part of the polishing part.

Elitist1945

I am so f*cking stoked for this. It looked bloody amazing.

EDIT: I wouldn't care if the graphics belonged on PS1 - I just want Battlefront.

gimmmick

Rogue squadron is finally going to finally be de throned as the best looking sw game... and it only took 14 years to do so.

SDJGreen

Banned
No way it will look anything near what was shown, on consoles at least. Still - looks impressive. I was expecting Battlefield: Star Wars.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Where are my lightsabers? seriously this looks incredible.

Horp

dont buy that it actually will look like that, no way

I think DICE's trackrecord for getting the final game to live up to early teasers is very good. Probably the best in the business. BF3 ended up looking just like the inital jaw dropping reveals. So did BF4.

I think the game will actually look like this (on PC Ultra).

Tablo

Wow Spring 2015, gonna be a long wait!
I tweeted KM Troedsson if it's going to only be OT warfare or also Clone Wars era warfare, which is fucking sweet.

He said he can't comment on that atm, I really hope they get both in. Clone Wars has some great military stuff IMO
Though I'd be okay with only OT if they eventually make a Clone Wars era Battlefront too.

chaosaeon

VP of EA just told Keighley that it will be multiplayer for sure and "Ways that you can play alone as well"

MP bots confirmed?
I would love that so much. More games need bots available for either practice or when you feel like playing MP but still want to relax.

J3ffro

I wants it, and I wants it now.

But realistically, what are we looking at 2016? 2017? I'm at work so I can't watch much of the video, forgive me if it was stated.

adj_noun

Looked awesome.

All I was left wanting was a peek at starfighters, but I can't be too greedy this early.

Cannot wait to play this. For the Empire!

1cmanny1

I was disappointed they didn't have more to show. This is all they have after a year? This was my most anticipated game going into E3.

I wants it, and I wants it now.

But realistically, what are we looking at 2016? 2017? I'm at work so I can't watch much of the video, forgive me if it was stated.

Considering that Battlefront 1 and 2's releases were timed with the releases of the OT special edition DVD set and the Episode III DVD respectively, the idea that Dice's Battlefront comes out as late as mid Summer 2016 isn't too far fetched.

I don't think Disney and EA miss the chance to introduce the next-generation of full scale Star Wars games with the next gen of movies though. Winter 2015

Chittagong

Gold Member
Based on the video, this is the most incredible looking game I have ever seen. Reminds me of when I first saw DKC.

WillyFive

At first it was disappointing that it was going to take a while, but seeing the game itself for the first time made me feel a lot better.

dont buy that it actually will look like that, no way

It should look better, I doubt they will leave the character animation that stiff.

If that is somewhat close to what we will get next year, man....I hope they put the Death Star/Yavin battle from A New Hope in there

Red 5 standing by

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
That bit was gameplay? I honestly thought it was from one of the movies.

In-engine NOT in-game. There are a lot of really cool looking previews we'll see of "in-engine" footage that gets removed. That's because just because there is an engine doesn't mean that it's actually running on real hardware. They have to tune effects as part of the polishing part.

It's captured in-game/in-engine. It's arguing semantics at this point in time when it's one and the same when running on dev stations. In the clip you can see foliage pop-in when the character is driving too.

You could tell they've poured a lot of love into this thing. I especially loved the near perfect replication of the blaster fire in the endor clip. Can't wait til this thing gets a proper gameplay reveal.

Don't get why there is calling for the inevitable downgrade, and will likely treat it as such. It's in-engine footage and was advertised as such. This was nowhere near as subtle as Ubisoft's footage showcases of 'real or not: you decide'. Sure, the visual will be a downgrade in comparison without context, but luckily the context is there for us.

With that said, they better get as close as they can to this without compromising the gameplay. At least on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom