• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

Brojito

Neo Member
So sick of 2 things in every Battlefront showing lately.

1. The long preamble with some random person talking about how they first experienced Star Wars as a kid and how much they love it. NO ONE CARES. Yes, we all love Star Wars.

2. The rambling on about how faithfully they visually recreated every part of the universe. AGAIN, NO ONE CARES how fetishly designed everything is, just to be honest. The fact that the AT-ST is faithful to the movie model down to every tiny bolt really does nothing for me.

It's like DICE keeps marketing this game as if no one's ever made a Star Wars game before. "Did you ever want to soar in an x-wing and dogfight TIE fighters?" Yea, we could do that in the last battlefront game that came out years ago.

Other than that... gameplay looks pretty fun. They need to just cut straight to this and stop trying to make such a big deal about stuff no one cares about.

Kssio_Aug

The graphics are indeed not as good as the teaser (completely expected, of course) but that still is looking AMAZING!! Better then I expected... its pretty amazing to see this running at 60fps.

Also, loved this gameplay!! Day fucking 0!!

It's pretty much just Star Wars Battlefield, but it looks interesting enough. Sound effects and all that are done really well. Will definitely want to play it, I'm glad there are still hero characters

Because it isn't. They stage it so it looks way more fun that it will really be.
Like how COD demos show the player doing cool stuff, but in reality its just a flustercluck.

I played a few hundreds of hours of various several games, and lots of times the resulting game IS like the one in their videos. Including running out of collapsing videos, jumping with motorbikes after a enemy jeep, going with a chopper under a bridge, getting out of a vehicle just before explode together a group of enemies, etc etc.

soxxx

Banned
ZwKUyRr.gif

Zomba13

Holy shit that had my hyped. I jumped up and screamed when they used the tow cable on the AT-AT. SO HYPED. Also, fuck me, how good are Star Wars sounds? And DICE are great with audio design so it makes me feel funny things. Love those Star Wars sounds, blasters, beeps and boops, claxons, stomps, engine sounds. Such great sounds.

Wreav

Banned
I am getting MAJOR NOSTALGIA FEELS with this game. This Hoth fight reminds me so much of Shadows of the Empire.

i-Lo

Holy shit! Holy SHIT! Wow! I know that the framerate drops from time to time but it looks way better than what I had expected.

WOW!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Did not expect it to be that good

sono

Ok that was so good I got goosebumps.

The only thing that I didnt dig was the icons appearing on targets and objectives. Would have preferred some kind of radar in one corner of the screen.

Because it never is. Why would they show actual PS4 footage when they could show smoother, and better looking PC footage and just label it PS4 gameplay?

This doesn't mean anything. They said the first Arkham Knight footage was shot on PS4 but it turned out being PC(it had PS4 buttons on screen too)

No darling. You provide proof.

Top Bottom