• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

This looks legitimately incredible. Everything looks really well done.

So many games this fall and I know I'm going to be playing this constantly

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! This game looks amazing

Pause.......

We are NAWT going to start talking shit about Battlefield.

Even if this was Battlefield painted, Battlefield is still (imo) the best military shooter with much more depth in options and game-play than any other military shooter on consoles today. So f-ing yes to this and I already had mines pre-ordered from the jump!

The Lamp

I don't even know or care about anything Star Wars really but holy shit THAT LOOKED AWESOME. My friends are going to freak out.

Stacey

Banned
I'm going to get this but it's not exactly what i wanted it really looks like battlefield, and i don't know how i feel about that

Why do people keep saying this? its exactly what battlefront has always been, inspired by battlefield.

Not exactly Star Wars battleFIELD though. More like battle-corridor - or very narrow stretch of land. My dream of a bigger scale, huge battle of Hoth died because of the limitations of the current gen of consoles it seems from that video. Hopefully there is bigger scale in other maps as this looked tiny.

The game really does seem like a cross between Star Wars and Battlefield. Looks like it's been nailed so far. And super smooth as well. Hopefully it ends up doing well.

demolitio

Looked great and despite it reminding me more of Battlefield than Battlefront, I'm still excited.

DICE is still leading the industry in sound design.

Not exactly Star Wars battleFIELD though. More like battle-corridor - or very narrow stretch of land. My dream of a bigger scale, huge battle of Hoth died because of the limitations of the current gen of consoles it seems from that video. Hopefully there is bigger scale in other maps as this looked tiny.

It looked a bit like a Rush alternative in Battlefront. The conquest equivalent will probably have wider spaces.

Razzorn34

So sick of 2 things in every Battlefront showing lately.

1. The long preamble with some random person talking about how they first experienced Star Wars as a kid and how much they love it. NO ONE CARES. Yes, we all love Star Wars.

2. The rambling on about how faithfully they visually recreated every part of the universe. AGAIN, NO ONE CARES how fetishly designed everything is, just to be honest. The fact that the AT-ST is faithful to the movie model down to every tiny bolt really does nothing for me.

It's like DICE keeps marketing this game as if no one's ever made a Star Wars game before. "Did you ever want to soar in an x-wing and dogfight TIE fighters?" Yea, we could do that in the last battlefront game that came out years ago.

Other than that... gameplay looks pretty fun. They need to just cut straight to this and stop trying to make such a big deal about stuff no one cares about.

You are dead wrong on this. Attention to detail is key when designing around an existing IP. You might not care, but you are definitely the minority on this. Any big Star Wars fan will be all over the aesthetics.

ZeroX03

Banned
2. The rambling on about how faithfully they visually recreated every part of the universe. AGAIN, NO ONE CARES how fetishly designed everything is, just to be honest. The fact that the AT-ST is faithful to the movie model down to every tiny bolt really does nothing for me.

Do you know the fanbase you're talking about?

Looks pretty but the gameplay seems so bland. For what's meant to essentially just meant to be Battlefield it really doesn't seem to be like Battlefield.

Exactly. Felt like Battlefield Arcade version. No weapon mods, battlefield pick ups, no battling over who gets the vehicles, weak weapons, no ADS.

Looks really simplistic to me. Really suprised they did that

Revven

They've nailed Battlefront gameplay as far as I'm concerned. The devs have shown with this video they know what makes Battlefront, Battlefront. No ADS, third person view (it doesn't look janky either which is a +), being able to control the walker, using the wire to take down the walker, etc etc. EVERYTHING looked good. And the sound... oh my god the SOUND DESIGN. SOOOOO good.

You could not be anymore wrong.

Top Bottom