• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

fuuuck that ending especially was piff. this is THE multiplayer game of the year man, so beautiful.

especially when the star wars hypes kicks into high gear this fall...game over.

Gammacide

Looks pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing how they integrate the big heroes and villains. They look way OP on the battlefield. Still, will definitely be buying this unless things go dreadfully wrong in the next 6 mo.

JSR_Cube

Looks good still but won't be 60 fps.

Doesn't make that much of a difference to me but count me with the doubters that it will make 60 fps in the end.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's PS4 footage, they aren't going to outright lie in plain language. Doesn't look unbelievable at all, looks like a proper current gen game.

Time to bring back the hype star lol.

6x0pmqj.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The trailer was so painfully scripted idk how anyone can be excited for it, it just doesn't go like this in online games.

Wait- so if a player gets to be Luke or Darth Vader are they just completely OP on the map?

It would be hilarious to see Luke get merked by some random snow trooper. :p

RulkezX

Now that was impressive.

I mean I'm a massive Star Wars fanboy anyway, but holy shit this is why I spend my free time gaming.

CISphil

Neo Member
Throw my hat in the "This was just a reskined Battlefield" pile. Say what you want, Battlefront was its own thing. This is just Battlefield.
I'm still going to buy it but I'm pretty annoyed this isn't just Battlefront 2 HD as stupid and petty as that makes me sound.

Moaradin

Throw my hat in the "This was just a reskined Battlefield" pile. Say what you want, Battlefront was its own thing. This is just Battlefield.
I'm still going to buy it but I'm pretty annoyed this isn't just Battlefront 2 HD as stupid and petty as that makes me sound.

Battlefront was always Star Wars Battlefield.

Wait- so if a player gets to be Luke or Darth Vader are they just completely OP on the map?

It would be hilarious to see Luke get merked by some random snow trooper. :p

I'm hoping/assuming that nobody will be OP out of the gate, but that abilities will be gained over time with XP. And then, hopefully the abilities will be on some sort of timer. Otherwise, I am going to run around choking out every single person haha

No it isnt. This is Battlefront.

EL CUCO

Looks good still but won't be 60 fps.

Doesn't make that much of a difference to me but count me with the doubters that it will make 60 fps in the end.
They're targeting 60. Final resolution is what I wonder about. Hopefully they can do 1080 w minimal drops.

Top Bottom