• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

"You old grumpy Battlefront fans need to shut up. This isn't going to be anything like the old Battefront's so deal with it"

*After E3 gameplay*

"OMG that looks exactly like the old Battlefront games. That's so awesome!"

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, was framerate on the animation of the AT-ST deliberately low to make it look stop motion like the movie?

Conduit

Banned
Yup. It's Battlefield gameplay covered with a veneer of Star Wars graphics/sound. No innovation here, but the BF faithful and Star Wars faithful will love it and buy it in droves.

If it has similarity with Battlefield it's a gunplay mechanics, flying mechanics and Frosbite engine. And that's it IMO. But game is gorgeus. That sound. Sony, great pick.

Mahonay

Banned
How is this 60fps on ps4.
Don't worry it won't be.

They claimed 60FPS for BF4 right up until release and it runs like dog shit most of the time. Only after a series of patches this year does it run a little more acceptably.

"60FPS...littered with dips into 30 and even single digits."

DOWN

Banned
It was on PS4. They can get away with adjusting graphics, but they can't lie in a disclaimer like that. Some people are wild cynics.

Korez

GRtSaXqmHKFAA.gif

Don't worry it won't be.

They claimed 60FPS for BF4 right up until release and it runs like dog shit most of the time. Only after a series of patches this year does it run a little more acceptably.

Yeah, watching it I couldn't help but think "What concessions are they making to get his to run like this?"

Raptor

Jesus Fucking Christ!!

My Starwars tattoo is pulsating trying to cum everywhere!!!

lols.

WIll buy but with a little patience maybe month 2 knowing Dice and all.

16BitNova

Don't worry it won't be.

You underestimate the power of the PS4orce.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Don't worry it won't be.

This footage was 60FPS, and you could see that it had some drops, but it was nothing too bad.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I mean you could say it's Battlefield reskinned but I definitely got some old Battlefront vibes from it. It looks good.

Yup. It's Battlefield gameplay covered with a veneer of Star Wars graphics/sound. No innovation here, but the BF faithful and Star Wars faithful will love it and buy it in droves.

Not really. Looks like it has quite a few differences from Battlefield games just from this trailer. It's not like Battlefront 1 and 2 were that different from Battlefield anyway. I don't get where people got this idea that they are so different.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Looks too good graphically - considering 60fps. Gameplay looks solid but a tad slow. Hopefully the maps are more varied in terms of vertically, architecture etc.

Top Bottom