• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

I will not board the Hype Star. I want this to be good and I want it to look and run good too and it may well be good but I don't want to get my hopes up.

If this was a Jedi Knight game though then I'd be the hype beam that destroys Alderhype.

Hip Hop

Has it been confirmed that we are getting a trailer of gameplay or is it just cutscenes like this teaser?

Gonna be disappointed if it's just cutscenes with "in-game" footage and no actual gameplay.

Boke1879

November 17th? So they want in before black friday.

I have a feeling, and it's nothing but a feeling, that this game is going to be busted as hell at release.

If DICE has any sense their servers will be more prepared. BF4 was clearly rushed to hell. Something tells me that hopefully they've taken their time with this.

The1Ski

Tell me this won't have ADS (Aim down sights). A mechanic that doesn't suit Star Wars (yes, yes, Battlefronts had zoom but IIRC, it was just that, a zoom).

Agree to disagree.

I'll be damned if I'm going to be a crappy storm trooper shooting from the hip like my brothers before me!

and by making a nice limited edition containing a selected quality figure, they loose money exactly how?
I said collector's edition. An expensive limited edition is great for the fans, but the crappy collector's edition with a 16 page "art" book, plastic figure, comic and digital trinkets is where EA makes bank.

Has it been confirmed that we are getting a trailer of gameplay or is it just cutscenes like this teaser?

Gonna be disappointed if it's just cutscenes with "in-game" footage and no actual gameplay.
Gameplay footage shot from a cinematic angle. Atendees will see the gameplay.

Woorloog

Banned
Agree to disagree.

I'll be damned if I'm going to be a crappy storm trooper shooting from the hip like my brothers before me!

The problem with Stormtroopers is that they never used massed fire properly.
Besides, it ain't Star Wars if a Stormtrooper actually aims.

Screenshot looks close to BF4, just with more vegetation. Why is it being hyped up as looking particularly great?

For me, dat lighting.
It looks downright sexy and vibrant and it makes the world pop with color, something most modern shooters avoid like the plague.

a916

@EAStarWars

Join us on 4/17 at 3:30PM PT as we host a Twitter Q&A with Design Director, @DICEfigge from @SW_Celebration! #SWCA
CCvzXRwW8AAOolb.jpg

Emedan

Heh, that would require pretty damn asymmetric teams, or the Rebels would have a rather big advantage.

Well the only part of the imperial armed forces that seem to have any abilities at all is the imperial navy, and even their track record is questionable - something must have happened between the clone wars and the late empire, clone troopers could hit targets just fine, storm troopers on the other hand.. Yikes, have they've ever hit anything smaller then the size of spaceship?

I see the game being balanced as such; imperials get a 1000% ticket increase over the Rebels but is guaranteed only a 5% hit chance... My space god, how did the empire lose..

DOWN

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks that screenshot looks a bit unimpressive like a high res CoD or BF4? It doesn't have the lush contrast depth of the foliage in Dragon Age Inquisition and that was Frostbite cross gen. Definitely not impressive compared to the initial footage, which would have been fine if we could stop getting these "this [GAF user] was told it looks like the original footage so believe it."

HariKari

Not the screenshot, did you saw the in-engine vid + the 10-second one today ?

You know, for somebody with a Rockstar avatar, you should know that "in engine" videos can be made to look ways that can't be reproduced for actual gameplay.

The screenshot is clearly ingame. The rock geometry looks like BF4, and overall it looks like BF4 on the PC cranked up. To me, it just seems like a whole lot of bullshotting. Anyone expecting the game to look close to what the promotion stuff is going to put out when it actually lands on the consoles is going to be disappointed.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I will not board the Hype Star. I want this to be good and I want it to look and run good too and it may well be good but I don't want to get my hopes up.

If this was a Jedi Knight game though then I'd be the hype beam that destroys Alderhype.

It's hard to get hyped because it's DICE but l hope the campaign is good.

Ok i was expecting massive failure but after the second star wars trailer (which looked amazing, someone freeze me till December) The snippets we got for battlefront so far looks promising. We will see tomorrow.

Ishan

move over uc4 and order if thats the fidelity on consoles ... jesus.

receipts.gif
dontbelievehislies.gif

What's not to be excited about here? Dice makes awesome Battlefield games, and Star Wars Battlefront was basically just a Star Wars Battlefield game. On the surface, I can't see many ways Dice could mess this up, it should be the ultimate SW Battlefront game.

As for the single player, I could see that being great if it's a single-player campaign story mode, and not just a series of bot matches.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's just all about having the servers in order. I expect bumps. Holiday season, massiving influx of buyers but not anything rushed like BF4 just to compete with COD

Right...it's not like the Star Wars game has any pressing reason why they would require it be released before December whether it's finished or not.

Boke1879

Right...it's not like the Star Wars game has any pressing reason why they would require it be released before December whether it's finished or not.

Haven't they had like 2.5 years? It's not like they are using a whole new engine. I'm hopeful. It's ok if you're skeptical over it. Don't blame you honestly.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Haven't they had like 2.5 years? It's not like they are using a whole new engine. I'm hopeful. It's ok if you're skeptical over it. Don't blame you honestly.

I actually misread your post too, I took it as "There's no COD, it can be delayed if it isn't ready" instead of "I hope that doesn't happen again". Nothing wrong with being hopeful, looked more like you were being delusional because of my misunderstanding. I don't think it's likely but it is always a possibility with AAA games, especially those tied to movie franchises.

-Cwalat-

That IQ is a not going to happen on consoles.

Plus, it'd be interesting to see how bad/good the pop-ins and LOD transitions will be.

Yep, smelled PC from the getgo.

But hey, i hope the nextgen consoles can produce visuals close to that pic, then i'm happy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom