• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I actually misread your post too, I took it as "There's no COD, it can be delayed if it isn't ready" instead of "I hope that doesn't happen again". Nothing wrong with being hopeful, looked more like you were being delusional because of my misunderstanding. I don't think it's likely but it is always a possibility with AAA games, especially those tied to movie franchises.

Oh I completely understand and this gen hasn't been the best with "finished" games. I just don't think they'll make that mistake again with this sort of game. It would tarnish their rep.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They've seen the presentation.

2015-04-1701_56_24-baw2bxe.png

Boke1879

I'm all for a reveal teaser with scripted gameplay segments but honestly after that they need to show us a play session. I don't care how scripted that session is. Just show us uninterrupted gameplay.

Otherwise you'll have people in this thread questioning the authenticity of the visuals. They cannot wait until E3 to wait to show gameplay.

Sn4ke_911

Holy cow that looks amazing.
Is it going to be a FPS only game? Or 3rd person or both?

Someone who's under NDA played the game and he answered only this question and said "Both" modes are in the game.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, I was thinking about whether Sony has a deal with EA for Battlefront.

At this point, there are just rumours.

But in that code people found that says the release date, the Playstation 4 is listed first.

I tried to see other EA games and how they list consoles in their press releases but I am having a hard time finding them. Anyone want to check that out? Maybe there is some truth to it?

someone leak what they saw
cmonnnnnn its 2015, i want to see

all i saw was that tiny box footage at the end of the movie trailer, i want this game to be amazing, please :D

aajohnny

Not to ruin the hype but as a developer I can bet that screen is touched up like crazy :/ I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that's end product/real-time. They probably spent a lot of time just for that specific shot. Common. I hope I'm wrong!

Sn4ke_911

Very nice. I mainly ever only played 1st person but there were times when I really wanted to just switch it up and try 3rd person.

I pray to the Star Wars gods that there is a Hero and Villains system in the game.

I want to play a lightsaber swinging guy in 3rd person and a normal Stormtrooper in 1st person.

I pray to the Star Wars gods that there is a Hero and Villains system in the game.

I want to play a lightsaber swinging guy in 3rd person and a normal Stormtrooper in 1st person.

I pray to those same gods that they keep those two aspects far away from each other. Cutting up other dudes with Lightsabers = Fun
Getting cut up by super fast tanks while futilely shooting at their lightsaber = Not so fun

Yeah, it's great if you like flat non-reflective surfaces. Look at GTA V for truly great water. BF3's water was embarrassing.

So we are comparing games that are 2 years apart now.

fc6ce943499f.jpg

Awful, just awful.

Reese-015

Not to ruin the hype but as a developer I can bet that screen is touched up like crazy :/ I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt that's end product/real-time. They probably spent a lot of time just for that specific shot. Common. I hope I'm wrong!

Srsly, what is up with people in this thread? There's user-made screenshots of BF4 that look totally up there with that screenshot. I mean, it looks superb but so does BF4. It's totally feasible.

slapnuts

Holy shit. That looks fucking great!

The video tease though...some of it looked like it would be in-game but the way the weapons hit and the sparks on the AT-AT make it look more CG so I dunno.

No fucking way it'll look that good

Still unbelievers i see - be prepared to eat some serious crow. People are so greatly underestimating what developers are gonna be able to do with the new console hardware once they start utilizing it the way it was designed to be utilized...especially the PS4 and of course PC with upcoming DX12.

That first screen shot is very very well in line with what we should expect this generation. Dev's are just now starting to scratch the surface on the new hardware and it will only improve as time goes on.

Sn4ke_911

I pray to those same gods that they keep those two aspects far away from each other. Cutting up other dudes with Lightsabers = Fun
Getting cut up by super fast tanks while futilely shooting at their lightsaber = Not so fun

Heroes and Villains only modes? where 64 people are running around with lightsabers and force powers ONLY.

That would be too awesome haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom