• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Stanng243

I'm really liking the jawa team. The scavenger is fun. He can out detonators on anyonre that damages your team, then detonate them for extra negative status affects.

Jaleel

xGreedosxBurritosx is recruiting! Reformed guild because leader left during mod fiasco. I am the leader, DabbaTheHutt. We complete t7 raids in under an hour with less then 30 people. Ally Code is 115 456 178. Have room for at least 5. Only dedicated Burrito makers need apply! ;) ( Be Lvl 80 at least please )

Aselith

Palpatine (L)
Vader
Dooku
Tarkin
Sidious

is fucking amazing. I don't even have them all leveled and kitted out and they fucking rolled on Galactic War and the Arena team I tried against (although I was lucky in that it was a Jedi team)

Once I have these dudes kitted out, it's going to be terrifying. Vader gets 3 attacks everytime he uses his combo since he gets full turn meter off of the debuff, then full turn meter from Culling Blade and then a regular attack.

Tarkin has no heal at all but he has pretty decent lifesteal and gets full turn meter from his last skill so it doesn't end up being a big problem.

I'm new to the game and just got to unlock guilds. Any gaf guilds for lowbies?

Send a PM to Darth Smurf X and he can invite you if we're not full up.

Gaspode_T

My advice for playing the game for anyone coming in new, don't worry about rushing or getting to some content unless you want to pay $1000s like some people in the official forum for this game are posting about. Also, since the Galactic War is tuned against your top 5 characters, when I started losing I slowed down leveling my top chars and tried instead to focus on leveling and gearing up many other teams. The flipside is that to unlock some gear or characters you have to clear high level stages, so it's sort of up to you but personally I'm enjoying having my top characters stalled around L65 and just focus on unlocking + clearing Galactic War daily.

Pretty much any game like this requires heroic patience to avoid putting down $$$...I was close to unlocking Palpatine but just thought they will end up doing the event again in 6 months or something...

Hey I'm Sizzla in the guild. I haven't been able to sign back into the game for a few days. I don't know what happens, it keeps asking me for a google play sign-in. I guess I lost everything.

I have been playing this game quite a bit, but it feels like I have hit a brick wall in Arena and Galactic War.

In arena I simply can't beat the abundance of double tank and healer comps. It's a constant cycle of trying to beat on someone, having RG trigger, focus RG and then having a heal or two thrown in so the entire thing starts over again.

In Galactic War I can never ever get past the last 2 nodes anymore. I have to face teams that are about 10 levels higher, modded out and all at least gear 7 or higher. And god have mercy if the enemy has something like Dooku.

My main team (Lando lead, Ackbar, Leia, Chewie and Phasma) got completely wiped on node 6 earlier this week due to a mirror team (Lando, Ackbar, Phasma) and only because the AI probably has some kind of crit or special multiplier. Lando won't crit for jackshit on my end, thus ending his combo with Ackbar, while the enemy Lando kept going for 5 times in a row, effectively wiping my entire team.

How the hell am I supposed to get past this? I understand that Galactic War is a shitshow at the moment, but Arena is just such a chore right now because I have nothing to deal with the abundance of double healer/double tank comps.

What is a meta Wedge party?

The one I keep seeing is Wedge leader, with Lando, Biggs, Emperor Palpatine, and Anakin, all decked out with speed and crit, with Palpatine with potency.

3 massive AoEs, Palpatine(nuff said), and the "weak-link" is Biggs who has that double assist and all the buffs he gets from Wedge.

I have no idea how to deal with it. Unless you have a super fast AoE ability block/stun, or have a serious amount of AoE damage yourself, I don't think you can. In GW I did manage to beat the party, but it took 4 full squads. I wasn't even sure where to start, I think I killed them in the order of Wedge->Palpatine->Anakin->Lando->Biggs.

Ezalc

Just started playing this not that long ago. Having fun, but unlocking units like always takes some time. My "team" is just anything I get lucky in getting but it's Luke with the blaster, stormtrooper Han, clone wars Chewie, Talia, and a Imperial Guard. It's a fun combination, I mainly only care about getting my favorite characters though so here's hoping I can get Kit Fisto soon. Sucks that Han himself is only gotten through guilds though :/

Sumidor

So... I can't log in to my account anymore. And every time I turn on the game, it just does the tutorial. Can someone check if my character is still in the GAF guild? Bobotang

CoryCubed

So... I can't log in to my account anymore. And every time I turn on the game, it just does the tutorial. Can someone check if my character is still in the GAF guild? Bobotang

aFk8Szh.png
]

Aselith

Young Obi seems like at some point but I think they've been steering clear of Jedi due to already having so many. Sabine is certainly possible but they haven't done any Rebels stuff yet. They've done lots of Clone Wars though. Unfortunately, they've been doing a lot rando unnamed characters lately.

Stanng243

What makes you say that? (Genuinely curious)

That new mode is completely pay to win. You put up your best squad that other people have to fight against. You however can only use each of your toon once per day unless you pay 5 crystals per toon. After I used my top ten toons, I was looking at gaps of 8k power between their teams and mine. So unless your bench is ridiculously deep, you're going to be using a lot of crystals to make progress.

Aselith

That new mode is completely pay to win. You put up your best squad that other people have to fight against. You however can only use each of your toon once per day unless you pay 5 crystals per toon. After I used my top ten toons, I was looking at gaps of 8k power between their teams and mine. So unless your bench is ridiculously deep, you're going to be using a lot of crystals to make progress.

Or you could just make as much progress as possible and be satisfied with that. You get pretty good rewards even at lower levels. I went through my bench and got to around rank 600 without refreshing and the prize is 20 shoretrooper shards, 1.6 million credits an omega and some purple upgrade thingies and a purple prize box. That's a good prize even if you don't get to number 1.

Not first is not last here. Even top 2500 is a pretty good prize.

(Sure, would like to get that number 1 prize though :p)

Stanng243

Sorry for the double post, but is there any reason I'm supposed to care that guild member 292 got Kung fu to 10* and gear level 15? These new messages are annoying.

Xypher

Hey guys, I previously had to quit the game due to time constraints, but my next semester is about to start, so I picked it up again to play in between classes and of course in the morning at home for my dailies. I saw that I got rightfully kicked out the guild last time, but I also still had someone from it on my ally list, so I went ahead and requested a permission to join, would be appreciated if you would take me back, but I guess I'll be lagging pretty far behind. But I'll try my best to catch back up. In game name should be same as on here.

Are people still playing this? My guild has gotten super unproductive.

Any room in a GAF guild? I'm level 81 and play a fair bit (too much even).

ghostmind

Are people still playing this? My guild has gotten super unproductive.

Any room in a GAF guild? I'm level 81 and play a fair bit (too much even).

Yes we have a few spots open - post or PM your ally code.

Also, we have inistituted a "24 hour" rule on the Rancor Raid. Attack once with only one toon during the first 24 hours. After being given the go-ahead in chat we go all out. That way everyone gets a chance to get on the leaderboard for those sweet Heroic Tier rewards.

Yes we have a few spots open - post or PM your ally code.

Also, we have inistituted a "24 hour" rule on the Rancor Raid. Attack once with only one toon during the first 24 hours. After being given the go-ahead in chat we go all out. That way everyone gets a chance to get on the leaderboard for those sweet Heroic Tier rewards.

Awesome, PM sent.

Just to be clear on the "24 hour" rule, you mean attack once with one toon on the day the raid is started, before the first character reset?

Thanks again.

ghostmind

Awesome, PM sent.

Just to be clear on the "24 hour" rule, you mean attack once with one toon on the day the raid is started, before the first character reset?

Thanks again.

Yes, one attack with one toon during the first 24 hours. One of us will confirm in chat when to proceed with full attacks.

As it is a Heroic Raid, there is no roster refresh, and we have 48 hours to complete.

One of us will confirm in chat when to proceed with full attacks.

Lately we've been lax at this, and not announcing when it's go time.

You can tell for yourself though...on the raid screen it tells you how much time is remaining. You are free to go when it says 23h XXm or less.

v1lla21

Hello bros, barely started to actually play 2 days ago and now I'm level 26. Have any of you wasted any money? I haven't bought a single thing and I'm always left with extra energy which is great.

Panzon

Hello bros, barely started to actually play 2 days ago and now I'm level 26. Have any of you wasted any money? I haven't bought a single thing and I'm always left with extra energy which is great.

The $5 started pack is usually worth getting but that's about it. If you ever decide to drop money on the game use the currency on gear and energy refreshes. DO NOT try to collect all the toons ala pokemon style. It will never happen unless you're a mega wahle who doesn't mind dropping over 2k on the game.
ANywa, the ships look cool and all but I'm just gonna continue being a casual ftp

v1lla21

The $5 started pack is usually worth getting but that's about it. If you ever decide to drop money on the game use the currency on gear and energy refreshes. DO NOT try to collect all the toons ala pokemon style. It will never happen unless you're a mega wahle who doesn't mind dropping over 2k on the game.
ANywa, the ships look cool and all but I'm just gonna continue being a casual ftp
Meh, don't need it right now so I won't spend money on it. Anyone want to be my ally or is there any spot in a gaf guild?
My ally code is:138-943-276

Fordfx2

For anyone new or who doesnt know about this site https://swgoh.gg/. You can sync your toons and profile and catch up on the latest news! It's a great tool see who needs what for upgrades and also see toons abilities without having to be in game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm checking this game out for the first time in months, and I'm pretty surprised at how many character shards they are giving away in these ship training missions.

Got my Tarkin to 5-star, and free 4-star Mace Windu and Ackbar so far, among other dudes.

The ships may just get me to quit. There's so many daily activities, I ain't got time for that.

I'm kind of the opposite. Level 64 and not very competitive yet in regular arena or the raids. Completely dominating ship arena on my shard. #1 the first day, and sitting in 3rd place currently. Gives me the opportunity to be right in the mix.

cobell

I just started trying this out myself the other day. Any room in a gaf guild (or am I likely too low level to contribute to that as I'm only lvl 23)? ally code is 399-298-119 . I also sent out some ally reqs to the more recent posts.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm sort of trying to get back into this but I'm not really sure what my like, overall plan/goal should be. Like, what should I be spending my energy/shards/etc on at any given point? I currently have 1 5-star dude (Tarkin), a handful of 3 and 4 star, then a smattering of 1-2 scrubs. Should I just be focusing on a single unit to get to 6+star since I need that in order to participate in guild stuff?

Also, are there any specific must-haves that are available for farming or purchase with the cantina/battle currencies? I have Sidious and Old Dhaka, should I just keep buying Sidious shards to get him to 6+ stars?

I also can't do ship stuff yet since I'm 55. Is there a fastest/best way to grind player xp so I can get to 60+?

Aselith

I'm sort of trying to get back into this but I'm not really sure what my like, overall plan/goal should be. Like, what should I be spending my energy/shards/etc on at any given point? I currently have 1 5-star dude (Tarkin), a handful of 3 and 4 star, then a smattering of 1-2 scrubs. Should I just be focusing on a single unit to get to 6+star since I need that in order to participate in guild stuff?

Also, are there any specific must-haves that are available for farming or purchase with the cantina/battle currencies? I have Sidious and Old Dhaka, should I just keep buying Sidious shards to get him to 6+ stars?

I also can't do ship stuff yet since I'm 55. Is there a fastest/best way to grind player xp so I can get to 60+?

I usually just pick a character in each farming area so one in Galactic War, one in Cantina and in Arena, one for Guild shipments and just go for who I think will be cool. Then when I got most of the characters, I wanted I started just filling in teams of 5 for each faction. For the energy nodes, just use those for farming gear for your big characters.

GW is a little weird now since you get ship blueprints there too but you don't have to worry about that for a bit.

Daka is considered more valuable than Sidious at this point in the "late game" so it might be good to focus on her but do what you feel like. There are a lot of teams that you can make work.

For the shard shop, I mostly save those for when a character that is hard/impossible to farm comes up like I only use those for Vader shards currently.

If you want a proper meta team, Biggs in GW and Wedge from one of the cantina nodes are very powerful right now and good for fleet play too. Akbar from Arena would complement them.

Anoregon

I was confused by part of your post until I discovered that "shard shop" isn't a thing I have access to since I don't have anything above 5-star

Also, as far as the main currency - is it still the case that it's better to spend it on level/energy refreshes to farm specific guys than to buy chromium packs? I have over 3,000 apparently so i am curious if that 8 pull with a guaranteed character is worth a shot.

Top Bottom