• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Pappasman

He's gonna fall, but he better be heroic every fucking step of the way up to that fall. He has to be the example to her to step her own shit up, basically.

People might still complain, but at that point, if he's the most relatable character, and the funniest, and the one with the most heart - him losing to Kylo Ren isn't going to mean as much.

Ya I really hope it's done well. Ideally when Finn gets beat by Kylo it should make an eventual rematch in 8 or 9 that much more important and exciting when that time comes around.

Raptor

My posts are kinda bad as well, but they're serviceable.

My written thoughts on movies are shit, though.

Your posts are garbage man.

lol, joke!!

I will be really happy if Rey ends up saving the day, my daughter will love that too and she will be her heroine same as Elsa is :p

Cant wait for her asking me Rey stuff that will end up mine hohohoho.

:p

Your posts are garbage man.
mjfls.gif

Moff

so the scene in the new trailer where rey is on her knees in front of kylo, is that right after his fight with finn? it's day and the finn fight is at night.

Seeing the non-spoiled OT slowly go from denial about Luke (He's not in the trailers or the posters because JJ must be hiding him for the big finale where he saves the day! Surely it's all just a trick!) to acceptance (He's not in the trailers or posters because he's...not actually in the movie that much) is no longer funny. It's actually quite sad.

Cheebo

Banned
so the scene in the new trailer where rey is on her knees in front of kylo, is that right after his fight with finn? it's day and the finn fight is at night.
It's a night shot, the lights are very likely the Falcon since we know Chewie picks them up in the Falcon after the fight.

Moff

It's a night shot, the lights are very likely the Falcon since we know Chewie picks them up in the Falcon after the fight.

I don't know, theres a blue sky in the top left corner.
is there something that gives this away as a night shot or is that just a conclusion because we know she beats kylo's ass after he mutilates finn?
OldYellowishHusky.gif

really looks like daylight to me

It's not the same forest, although everyone seems to think it is.

The green forest is the planet that Maz Kanata's castle is on.

The snow forest is Starkiller Base.

Rey gets captured and brought back to Starkiller Base by Kylo Ren. (the kneeling scene) Finn gives the Resistance information that allows them to plan their assault on Starkiller Base. Rey escapes and is rescued by Han/Finn/Chewie as they're performing their mission. (Chewie hitting the detonator is probably from here, too - hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the saber ignition gif we're seeing so much from the new trailer is just before Han gets it). Han dies, and as Finn/Chewie/Rey escape, Finn decides "fuck this" and decides to fight Kylo.

The scenes where she's crying over Finn are on Starkiller base, and she's being illuminated by the Falcon's landing lights as Chewie helps pick her up. Kylo has apparently already escaped/run off whatever at this point, which is likely why she's allowed herself the emotional release she's having.

Moff

It's not the same forest, although everyone seems to think it is.

The green forest is the planet that Maz Kanata's castle is on.

The snow forest is Starkiller Base.

Rey gets captured and brought back to Starkiller Base by Kylo Ren. (the kneeling scene) Finn gives the Resistance information that allows them to plan their assault on Starkiller Base. Rey escapes and is rescued by Han/Finn/Chewie as they're performing their mission. (Chewie hitting the detonator is probably from here, too - hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the saber ignition gif we're seeing so much from the new trailer is just before Han gets it). Han dies, and as Finn/Chewie/Rey escape, Finn decides "fuck this" and decides to fight Kylo.

The scenes where she's crying over Finn are on Starkiller base, and she's being illuminated by the Falcon's landing lights as Chewie helps pick her up. Kylo has apparently already escaped/run off whatever at this point, which is likely why she's allowed herself the emotional release she's having.

so she doesn't grab the lightsaber and fights kylo herself?

so she doesn't grab the lightsaber and fights kylo herself?

Yes, she does. It's still up in the air whether she just picks it up or Finn throws it to her.

Her getting captured by Kylo happens shortly after they meet Maz Kanata. Kanata's castle is attacked, she gets yoinked, and Poe & his X-Wings fight off TIE Fighters and save the day, allowing Han, Chewie & Finn to meet up with Leia at the Resistance base.

She's taken to Starkiller Base, interrogated by Kylo (and she apparently turns the tables on him here, which likely means she uses the Force overtly for the first time in some way), and then breaks out.

Where she runs into Finn/Chewie/Han, who have stormed Starkiller Base to get her out and bring it down. Han has to sacrifice himself to his kid to allow for their escape, Finn decides to fight Kylo, Kylo beats him, Rey takes up the sword, the fight is interrupted by Skywalker Base blowing up, Chewie rescues Rey & Finn.

I don't know, theres a blue sky in the top left corner.
is there something that gives this away as a night shot or is that just a conclusion because we know she beats kylo's ass after he mutilates finn?
OldYellowishHusky.gif

really looks like daylight to me

Thats probably just after she looks up at the tie fighters flying over. Looks like the same background.

Yup!

Basically:

They escape Jakku, fly to Maz Kanata's

star-wars-freak-flag.png

Have their meeting with her, Rey doesn't like the vision she's shown. Runs out. BB-8 follows after her.

IRDnSQu.gif

The First Order blows the fuck out of Maz's temple, captures everybody

force+awakens+international+trailer.jpg

finn-chewie-han-takodana-prisoner-battle.jpg

Rey is taken away, but thanks to Poe, everyone else is saved:

Screen-Shot-2015-04-16-at-2.43.47-PM.png

X-Wing.jpg

Blunoise

I think that scene with poe coming in to save them is going to be bad ass.

Poe is the Hero we deserve but no one knows about him because he is overlook by Finn and Rey haha

I'm wondering if the plan for the Starkiller Base assault really is more or less a variation on Death Star II: The fleets go head up above the planet, the fighters go at each other in the atmosphere, all to distract the First Order from the fact a small strike team is taking out the actual weapon down below with explosives.

I'm betting this

and-we-see-chewbacca-on-the-millennium-falcon.jpg

and this

he-appears-to-press-down-on-some-sort-of-trigger-possibly-setting-off-an-explosion.jpg

and this

here-it-is-in-full-force.jpg

are all inside Starkiller Base.

So the biggest spoilers from the movie in my opinion come from Maz's vision. But I can't tell something: is she told who she's the daughter of or not? Because the one spoiler makes it so casual: the vision shows she's Han's daughter. Wouldn't that be on more spoiler sites besides that one giant summary?

Cheebo

Banned
So the biggest spoilers from the movie in my opinion come from Maz's vision. But I can't tell something: is she told who she's the daughter of or not? Because the one spoiler makes it so casual: the vision shows she's Han's daughter. Wouldn't that be on more spoiler sites besides that one giant summary?
There aren't any other spoiler sites leaking stuff. We really have only have one spoiler site since they are the ones who got the shot list. MSW is the only legitimate site of non-production art spoilers for this film. And everything we know came out of that leaked shot list, they just released it slowly over the course of mid 2014 through spring 2015.

There aren't any other spoiler sites leaking stuff. We really have only have one spoiler site since they are the ones who got the shot list. MSW is the only legitimate site of non-production art spoilers for this film. And everything we know came out of that leaked shot list, they just released it slowly over the course of mid 2014 through spring 2015.

So is that part believable, that the vision shows she's his daughter? Combined with this other spoiler:

"They sigh in relief. They’re alive. Han Solo is upset about Kylo Ren. Finn consoles him."

^What does that spoiler even mean? lol What is Finn consoling him about?

Cheebo

Banned
So is that part believable, that the vision shows she's his daughter? Combined with this other spoiler:

"They sigh in relief. They’re alive. Han Solo is upset about Kylo Ren. Finn consoles him."

^What does that spoiler even mean? lol What is Finn consoling him about?
Well the whole shot list is believable, since every piece of media we get matches it perfectly. It doesn't say whose Rey's parents are anywhere, that is still something left up for interpertation since we just have the shot list not the full dialogue.

Kylo Ren is Han Solo's son. That's why the vision of him killing would cause Han a lot of grief.

Cheebo

Banned
Lotta spoilerheads were SUPREMELY confident that Rey was Han & Leia's kid for awhile, and then, suddenly, they weren't.
Mostly because that was Jason Wards interpertation and then when he made it clear he wasn't sure and was just throwing his guess based on same the shot list he got and shared online speculation seemed to get a lot more rampant. Because he didn't actually know either.

Basically all speculation this past 2 years is centered around whatever is left that Jason Ward says he doesn't know.

I think a lot of it came from a misunderstanding about the gun Han gives Rey. They reported it as Han giving Rey HIS gun, the classic blaster. But as we see from the trailer - that's not what he gave her at all. He just gave her some generic space pistol.

1482380145338962317.png

So basically, they decided to push all in on her being his daughter based on how important Han's blaster is to Han (which, I don't even know if he cares that much about his gun) on top of the fact she and Chewie use the Falcon to meet Luke.

Well the whole shot list is believable, since every piece of media we get matches it perfectly. It doesn't say whose Rey's parents are anywhere, that is still something left up for interpertation since we just have the shot list not the full dialogue.

Kylo Ren is Han Solo's son. That's why the vision of him killing would cause Han a lot of grief.

This vision of who killing who upset him?

I know Kylo and Rey were probably both at Luke's school as children until one of his students started to turn and the kids were scattered or kidnapped(which is why Luke went into hiding and probably blames himself for what happened to his sister's kid (or kids) but I always assumed Kylo was Han's kid and Rey was Lukes. Or maybe Rey and Kylo are siblings. But then why would Kylo kill Han so easily? For not saving him? I'm betting Rey turns to the dark side and kills Kylo in 8 for killing their father. Then bring on Finn vs Rey for 9 which would be awesome.

I never understood why everyone just assumed the Falcon would become Rey's. Like why WOULDN'T it be Chewie's? It's not like Han left his car in a will or anything. Chewie's the co-pilot. It's just as much his as it is Han's, really.

I know Kylo and Rey were probably both at Luke's school as children until one of his students started to turn and the kids were scattered or kidnapped but I always assumed Kylo was Han's kid and Rey was Lukes. Or maybe Rey and Kylo are siblings. But then why would Kylo kill Han so easily?

This is Kylo at Luke's school, I believe:

star-wars-force-awakens-kylo-rain-slow.gif

I don't think he's a student at Luke's school when it gets hit. Maybe he's already been kicked out, who knows. But yeah, it looks a LOT like Kylo is Han & Leia's kid.

Kylo kills Han because Kylo Ren is an unstable motherfucker.

I dont' think Rey is Han & Leia's.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure when/where he would be lighting that thing up in front of that kind of background, and Starkiller Base makes a lot of sense to me.

And if he's lighting it up inside Starkiller Base, it's likely because he's about to deny daddy for the final time.

Well yeah, they'll obviously be outdoors at some point on the base, but I figure you gotta go inside it if you're gonna disable the weapon.

Or it could be during Rey's interrogation, too. I'm just kinda spitballing. It's possible Chewie's detonating a completely different charge, maybe on the freighter the Falcon's gotta escape from in the beginning.

I assumed that shot was from right after Kylo stops having his moment in the Falcon cockpit, before he walks back out of it to get to action, but maybe not.

Guy.brush

So you guys have no problem with Kylo being Leia's and Han's son?

Doesn't that totally destroy Han and Leia's sacrifices and love story from the OT?

We are talking the son of what was basically the embodiment of the rebels/light side and a General of the rebellion and this son is basically about to become more evil than what they fought in the OT and uses a solar system destroying weapon.
I dunno, it cheapens their characters for me, especially the love story.
Why would you root for them to come through and love each other if their offspring is such a galactic pain in the ass?
Why wouldn't those two have time to educate Kylo properly in their 20 years of parenthood?
Is he somehow taken when he is small?
I really hope they don't handwave the part why Leia and Han were such terrible parents.

The only way I can see this not damage Han and Leia is if Andy Serkis' Uber Sith lord whispers to Kylo day in day out and poisons his mind and they can't do shit against it?
But then why wouldn't they bring him to Luke to try and find out why this kid is acting out strangely?

Why would the fact that Kylo Ren goes sideways on Han & Leia make Han & Leia lesser characters?

I don't get the reasoning. We don't know why he went sideways. And I don't know why I'd wish fresh hell on either of them because their son is an asshole. I'd think the fact their son is a giant asshole is fresh hell enough.

Guy.brush

I dunno it feels that if Kylo does some big bad things like blowing up planets (especially if he survives Ep7), you will watch the OT and think:
Don't you dare fall in love Leia and Han, your son will be worse than what you are currently fighting. It definitely cheapens the love story for me as the result of their love will be an evil twisted motherfucker who will stab his dad in cold blood.

And they will not have the Anakin excuse for Kylo a la "they took him from his slave mother at early age and then tried to raise him as a Jedi in a strict monk order where you are not allowed to love"
Just can't see a satisfying motivation for Kylo rejecting his mother and father, other than "i hate you, cause reasons".

I dunno it feels that if Kylo does some big bad things like blowing up planets (especially if he survives Ep7), you will watch the OT and think:
Don't you dare fall in love Leia and Han, your son will be worse than what you are currently fighting. It definitely cheapens the love story for me

I just dont' see this. Why would it cheapen their romance, which was written, cast, directed and performed decades before this movie was even concieved of? I want those two to fall in love because of who they are when they fall in love. That their kid turns out to be shitty doesn't change their getting together at all. You don't need an excuse. Bad things happen to good people. That doesn't cheapen their goodness unless they let it. Or you let it, rather.

I assumed that shot was from right after Kylo stops having his moment in the Falcon cockpit, before he walks back out of it to get to action, but maybe not.

Nah, the panels in the background match those in pics we're seen of Hux and co. It's likely Starkiller or (unlikely) up on the Finalizer.

And mark me down as someone who also thought that Han would be offed outside (but still on the base). I wanna say that the spoilerboard outright says he falls off a railing after being Ren'd.

My guess is that he's firing up his saber upon hearing about Rey's escape or Chewie's sabotage, though I'm pretty sure the follow-up shot from the latter is actually from the TIE escape sequence earlier in the film.

I feel like The Falcon has a loose, possession-ownership attached to it....Han/Chewy lost it and Rey found it and brought it back to them. Finders-keepers....:)

Don't you dare fall in love Leia and Han, your son will be worse than what you are currently fighting. It definitely cheapens the love story for me as the result of their love will be an evil twisted motherfucker who will stab his dad in cold blood.

And they will not have the Anakin excuse for Kylo a la "they took him from his slave mother at early age and then tried to raise him as a Jedi in a strict monk order where you are not allowed to love"
Just can't see a satisfying motivation for Kylo rejecting his mother and father, other than "i hate you, cause reasons".

As a Space Opera, I feel like tragedy, great irony, coincidence....that's what this universe is all about.

So that fact that the Kylo turned towards the dark-side, possibly because he was influence by his own grandfather (Vader), and probably as a foil to his own first-cousin (Rey)....makes a lot of sense to me. I think it's going to be very compelling.

Han/Leia may, in retrospect, be more of a sadder tale than we originally thought. But honestly...most of the SW media (That I've seen at least) is kinda sad anyways.

I just dont' see this. Why would it cheapen their romance, which was written, cast, directed and performed decades before this movie was even concieved of? I want those two to fall in love because of who they are when they fall in love. That their kid turns out to be shitty doesn't change their getting together at all. You don't need an excuse. Bad things happen to good people. That doesn't cheapen their goodness unless they let it. Or you let it, rather.

I had the exact same debate going on over at TFN just a few hours ago.

Most folks paying attention to the spoilers are coming around to the idea that Rey isn't Han and Leia's daughter, but certain fans of their romance in the OT are really dead-set on that outcome, because they think that their love story from the older films will be cheapened or misrepresented if Han dies and Leia only has a monster of a son left in the family, instead of also having a "good daughter" she bond with later in VIII and IX.

Honestly I have no problems with Rey's heritage. She could be Luke's daughter, Han and Leia's or just Rey Random. I'd be fine with that. What matters is her actual character and the story they tell with her. Right now, it seems her character is probably Luke's daughter, based on the evidence.

Cheebo

Banned
Billy Dee does not seem to be in the best physical health as of late. He has a hard time walking. I doubt he will have a major role in any future film.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So you guys have no problem with Kylo being Leia's and Han's son?

Doesn't that totally destroy Han and Leia's sacrifices and love story from the OT?

We are talking the son of what was basically the embodiment of the rebels/light side and a General of the rebellion and this son is basically about to become more evil than what they fought in the OT and uses a solar system destroying weapon.
I dunno, it cheapens their characters for me, especially the love story.
Why would you root for them to come through and love each other if their offspring is such a galactic pain in the ass?
Why wouldn't those two have time to educate Kylo properly in their 20 years of parenthood?
Is he somehow taken when he is small?
I really hope they don't handwave the part why Leia and Han were such terrible parents.

The only way I can see this not damage Han and Leia is if Andy Serkis' Uber Sith lord whispers to Kylo day in day out and poisons his mind and they can't do shit against it?
But then why wouldn't they bring him to Luke to try and find out why this kid is acting out strangely?

I'm guessing you never read any of the books.

Top Bottom