• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Boke1879

I'd say it's when Luke returns to civilization. I doubt Luke will be out in full Jedi garb with the FO still looking for him. This look gives him a more blended in look.

Waldini

FInally saw the Journey to the Force Awakens BTW on the blu-ray. I love to watch stuff like this. Thing is ... they should've put the information they give out on the disc in the movie itself.

Like, the First Jedi Temple. THE origin point of the Force. This is where the First Jedi came from. Remember, a Sith (I believe) still starts as a Jedi who falls to the Dark Side.

The explanation given why Kylo/Ben was so easily seduced should've been more fleshed out. Him becoming a powerful Jedi and wanting to show his parents his new set of skills ... but not being able to because they were never around.Thus feeling lonely and becoming an emotional wreck. Hence him turning so easily.

We still have Episode 8 and 9 to touch upon this though so I'm not worried.

Here's hoping Luke Skywalker doesn't die in Episode 8. I don't want the ST to mimic the OT/PT with all the important deaths. I'm not ready to say goodbye to another OT character :( I mean ... Luke is supposed to be as powerfull as Anakin (not Vader, because Vader has around half the power he used to have). Luke has been training for the last 30-something years... so ... yea.

Like, the First Jedi Temple. THE origin point of the Force. This is where the First Jedi came from. Remember, a Sith (I believe) still starts as a Jedi who falls to the Dark Side.
Nope, the Emperor was neither a Jedi, nor were the Jedi aware of him being able to use the force. He was trained from day 1 as a Sith and to be a Sith. Same case with Darth Maul, too.
Of course, a Jedi falling to the Dark Side always makes more noise than training a Sith student in secret.

Waldini

Nope, the Emperor was neither a Jedi, nor were the Jedi aware of him being able to use the force. He was trained from day 1 as a Sith and to be a Sith. Same case with Darth Maul, too.
Of course, a Jedi falling to the Dark Side always makes more noise than training a Sith student in secret.

Really? With the non-canon stuff around it's hard to actually have an origin story for Palpatine/Sidious, lol.

I always thought that a Sith started out as a Jedi who got seduced by the "forbidden-fruit" so to speak. But, then again ... the Jedi (Yoda) should've known Sidious.

But seeing the BTS of the Force Awakens and the amount of work and planning went into it ... I have faith in Episode 8.

Really? With the non-canon stuff around it's hard to actually have an origin story for Palpatine/Sidious, lol.

I always thought that a Sith started out as a Jedi who got seduced by the "forbidden-fruit" so to speak. But, then again ... the Jedi (Yoda) should've known Sidious.

But seeing the BTS of the Force Awakens and the amount of work and planning went into it ... I have faith in Episode 8.
I thought some comics/books, that are still canon, dealt with Palpatines backstory. Still, with Dooku being older than Palpatine, and Yoda having been Dookus master, at least Yoda should have known Palpatine, if he was a member of the Jedi order at some time.

Waldini

I thought some comics/books, that are still canon, dealt with Palpatines backstory. Still, with Dooku being older than Palpatine, and Yoda having been Dookus master, at least Yoda should have known Palpatine, if he was a member of the Jedi order at some time.

Exactly.

Makes you wonder if Snoke is actually the one behind Palpatine ... I certainly hope not though. That'll make Palpatine/Sidious less of a villain if Snoke influenced him too.

A fallen Jedi is a "Dark Jedi", which is technically a different concept than "Sith". Darth Tyranus, however, was both a Dark Jedi and a Sith.

So Jason from Making Star Wars has actually seen an image of Vader in Rogue One, as if it was ever in doubt. Sounds like they've nailed the look of the costume, it's identical to the one from ANH.

The most intriguing bit of info he's reported on is who is in the tank in the trailer.

One source is certain that the blue tank we see in the teaser has Darth Vader inside it. This person has a lot of material associated with the production. They believe a sequence was filmed in which Darth Vader get his limbs interchanged and repaired in the movie. If accurate, it would explain some in-universe discrepancies around Darth Vader’s abilities in the 1977 film compared to the rest of the stories we’ve seen from Vader’s appearances in Star Wars Rebels to the work Bob Anderson did to make Vader a swordsmen.

Originally David Prowse who played Vader in the 1977 film lied about being able to sword fight, leaving George Lucas with a Darth Vader that couldn’t really do much with a lightsaber. So the new limbs and limb loss he supposedly suffers in Rogue One makes me ponder if that’s why Darth Vader is so tight when fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi a short time later. Was he not used to the new limbs? Does he lose them because of Jyn and her band of rebels or is that the reason Jyn and her rebels are able to succeed?

Sounds like they've recreated Vader's meditation chamber from Empire as well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Luke doing some work.

image.jpg

Derry teen shares breakfast with Luke Skywalker

Nothing to do with VIII but man do I love Mark Hamill.

Surfinn

Great, more vehicles that make no sense since they were never seen in the OT.

I never understood this outlook. Just because we don't see some of them in the OT doesn't mean they weren't used or never existed..

Isn't it possible that we actually never saw everything in that time period? I could understand if the entire movie consisted of things we've never seen, but it's ridiculous to not only be surprised by some new content but upset.

Visuals are looking great so far, can't wait to see them in motion.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I never understood this outlook. Just because we don't see some of them in the OT doesn't mean they weren't used or never existed..

Isn't it possible that we actually never saw everything in that time period? I could understand if the entire movie consisted of things we've never seen, but it's ridiculous to not only be surprised by some new content but upset.

Visuals are looking great so far, can't wait to see them in motion.
I would pull all my important units in a battle to finally kill of the Rebellion and not let a couple of seemingly good working out of it for no reasons.

Surfinn

I would pull all my important units in a battle to finally kill of the Rebellion and not let a couple of seemingly good working out of it for no reasons.

But that doesn't mean these ships didn't exist just because we never saw them onscreen. Why not wait and see what the story is like/how the content is used before claiming something should or should not be included?

maharg

idspispopd
Every Star Wars film made -- including the OT -- has introduced new vehicles we haven't seen before, usually even though they'd have probably been useful in prior contexts. Often as one-offs, even. How many TIE Advances were in ESB or RotJ? Would they not have been useful in the battle of Endor?

There's no purity to guard here: Star Wars has always been at least somewhat about selling toys.

Making has a new report that has Luke
cutting through the Knights of Ren like it ain't no thing on the island shores of Ahch'to while Ben apparently battles Rey right off a cliff-edge, but nopes the fuck out of there once he sees what Luke's done to his squad.

That said, I don't really buy the
"Luke wants Rey to kill Ben as part of her training but she doesn't want to" bit as it's A) right out of RotJ and B) does not match up at all with her behavior at the end of TFA.

Surfinn

Making has a new report that has Luke
cutting through the Knights of Ren like it ain't no thing on the island shores of Ahch'to while Ben apparently battles Rey right off a cliff-edge, but nopes the fuck out of there once he sees what Luke's done to his squad.

That said, I don't really buy the
"Luke wants Rey to kill Ben as part of her training but she doesn't want to" bit as it's A) right out of RotJ and B) does not match up at all with her behavior at the end of TFA.

Wow, this is the most substantial info we've had yet on a set piece in the film (if it is indeed accurate). Sounds pretty cool, but I do agree with you that Rey seems like she'd be more aggressive given what happened to Han and Finn.

So Luke will be using his lightsaber then. This scene sounds oh so good. Nice to see the Knights of Ren getting more of an actual role, even if it is just bantha fodder for Luke.

This has cheered me up after a pretty dismal day.

Surfinn

It actually makes sense that Kylo would wanna be alone/not have help in taking on Rey 1 on 1 because of what happened in the last film. I can totally see him saying something like "Go after Skywalker" and engage with Rey. It's all about ego for him now and proving his worth/power.

Very hyped, sounds fantastic.

I don't like the idea of TKoR being cut in half like a knife through butter, though. It should at least be a challenge so we're not stepping into showmanship prequel level stuff. But Rian won't let that happen. Just hope it's a tough fight.

It actually makes sense that Kylo would wanna be alone/not have help in taking on Rey 1 on 1 because of what happened in the last film. I can totally see him saying something like "Go after Skywalker" and engage with Rey. It's all about ego for him now and proving his worth/power.

Very hyped, sounds fantastic.

I don't like the idea of TKoR being cut in half like a knife through butter, though. It should at least be a challenge so we're not stepping into showmanship prequel level stuff. But Rian won't let that happen. Just hope it's a tough fight.

It sounds like a good way to demonstrate Luke's power. As far as we know the other Knights of Ren aren't force sensitive, so they shouldn't necessarily be tricky foes for a seasoned Jedi Master.

It's a tricky thing to balance as people would complain if they were too difficult for Luke, who's presumably a lot more powerful than in ROTJ, or if he slices through the Knights too easily after the badass flashback in TFA.

I doubt Rian wanted to undermine Kylo too much again after his loss to Rey, so he needed someone else for Luke to fight, and it doesn't sound like Snoke's entering the equation in a physical way yet.

It'll be fascinating to see how Luke vs seven Knights of Ren is choreographed.

Surfinn

It sounds like a good way to demonstrate Luke's power. As far as we know the other Knights of Ren aren't force sensitive, so they shouldn't necessarily be tricky foes for a seasoned Jedi Master.

It's a tricky thing to balance as people would complain if they were too difficult for Luke, who's presumably a lot more powerful than in ROTJ, or if he slices through the Knights too easily after the badass flashback in TFA.

I doubt Rian wanted to undermine Kylo too much again after his loss to Rey, so he needed someone else for Luke to fight, and it doesn't sound like Snoke's entering the equation in a physical way yet.

It'll be fascinating to see how Luke vs seven Knights of Ren is choreographed.

It is tricky. Because if it's too easy for Luke TKoR will be another weak part of Kylo people will use to complain about him being a "little bitch".

Nyanmaruz

It's interesting that Kylo's allegedly not wearing the mask in that scene but his costume's the same. Maybe he has abandoned it completely.
I always thought that Kylo would want to hide his scar due to his ego and shame for losing to Rey, so I was expecting him to continue to wear a mask in the sequel.

sphagnum

Banned
I always thought that Kylo would want to hide his scar due to his ego and shame for losing to Rey, so I was expecting him to continue to wear a mask in the sequel.

Vader had a facial scar, gotta emulate grandpa.

I'm expecting him to chop his own limbs off by the end of the trilogy.

Ach'to is the planet they find Luke on right? I thought they might do some fighting on Illenium because the First Order knows that the Resistance base is there.

sphagnum

Banned
Ach'to is the planet they find Luke on right? I thought they might do some fighting on Illenium because the First Order knows that the Resistance base is there.

D'Qar (Ileenium is the system, D'Qar is a planet in the system) was probably evacuated afterwards just like Yavin.

Top Bottom