• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

//ARCANUM

UPDATE - THIS IS NOW A CATCH-ALL THREAD FOR FORCE AWAKENS/GENERAL STAR WARS MERCH!

CC305017L3-1536x864-641515734419-850x560.jpg

I searched and couldn't find a dedicated thread for Force Friday so figured I would make one. Who all is going to be partaking in Force Friday? Where will you be lining up? I'll be going to my local Target personally.

Here's a good link I found detailing the Target leaks: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/target-star-wars-force-friday-midnight-event-details-revealed

And this is a great twitter account with lots of photos and info on leaks: https://twitter.com/StarWarsJunk

Personally, I'm very interested in a remote control BB-8. So far there is the Sphero version which is rumored to be $150 (and supposedly/maybe only at Best Buy, but they're not holding a Force Friday event so....) and then there is the Hasbro Target exclusive version for $80.

This is the unboxed Sphero version:

More info on the Sphero version: http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2015/08/take-my-money-best-buy-exclusive-star.html

And here's the target exclusive version:

So yeah! What's your Force Friday plan? What info have you heard? What are you hoping to get?

And let's please try and keep negativity completely out of this thread in terms of harshing on people for wanting to line up at midnight to by toys. Everyone's money is their business and they can do with it what they want. Let's have fun and play nice!

Metalmarc

I'm not doing Friday because I got to work and can't get the time off, however I'm hoping to maybe pick some stuff up the day after,

Apparently some Disney stores in the UK will still have some stuff going on in stores on the Saturday.

If I don't make the Saturday, because I got a lot of stuff to pay for, I'll just spend time watching the YouTube videos.

I want a BB-8 of some kind, probably the black series with Reynolds for now, until I can afford the remote control one.

Also some merch with Kylo Ren and A figure of Finn.

I was going to go out and see if I could nab some of the new Lego sets at Target, but my plans changed once I found out the $25 off of $100 purchases excluded them.

Hitting Toys R Us and Walmart at midnight. Picking up the 6" figures at TRU (Kylo, Finn, Rey, two Stormtroopers). Then heading to Walmart to pick up some LEGO (Poe's X-Wing is the only one I'm for sure getting) to avoid the TRU markups that will surely be there. Then I'm going to hit Target before class Friday since none of mine are open at midnight to use their $25 off coupon on the 6" TIE Fighter and if they carry the FX sabers in store, will use my second coupon on it.

There are only like five Toys r Us in the UK doing anything. I'm going to my closest for the midnight release as I just so happen to be off on Thursday and Friday. I want me the new black series, a BB8 and a crossguard saber if I can.

I just want that sith lightsaber (are they putting it out?) . And that shirt.

EDIT: All retailers are getting the merch Friday, correct? If so I'll save gas and hit up Walmart instead of the closest Target that's 60 miles away.

//ARCANUM

I just want that sith lightsaber (are they putting it out?) . And that shirt.

EDIT: All retailers are getting the merch Friday, correct? If so I'll save gas and hit up Walmart instead of the closest Target that's 60 miles away.

All retailers participating in Force Friday are. So yeah, walmart is. I'm just going to Target instead of Walmart because one of the ones in my area is opening at midnight and I trust the IQ level of Target employees over Walmart employees. Also, because Target will almost definitely be better organized than Walmart.

I haven't heard of any of this going down in Canada. I assume it's a thing that isn't happening here.

:(

I want one of the new starter sets for the X-Wing minis.

All retailers participating in Force Friday are. So yeah, walmart is. I'm just going to Target instead of Walmart because one of the ones in my area is opening at midnight and I trust the IQ level of Target employees over Walmart employees. Also, because Target will almost definitely be better organized than Walmart.

I can't argue that. It's just a matter of convenience for me, 5 miles vs 60.

TheXbox

I didn't even know this was a thing. I really want a T shirt and poster for the film, maybe I'll jump on this. Definitely not doing midnight, though.

BFIB

Planning on picking up Aftermath. If I see BB8, it's gonna be hard to resist.

Oh, and watching the new trailer 100 times.

Quick

Banned
I haven't heard of any of this going down in Canada. I assume it's a thing that isn't happening here.

:(

I want one of the new starter sets for the X-Wing minis.

Fan Expo in Toronto is participating in some form on September 3 at 7:00 AM at the John Bassett Theatre.

http://fanexpocanada.com/the-force-...-star-wars-fans-invited-to-join-global-event/

Star Wars: The Force Awakens products are set to be unveiled in the world’s first ever global live toy unboxing event. Unfolding over 18 hours in 15 cities and 12 countries, the event will see highlights from the range of epic merchandise revealed in a rolling New Year’s Eve style celebration featuring top digital stars from the Maker Studios network.

Be part of the excitement at FAN EXPO CANADA™ on September 3 in the John Bassett Theatre.

Line up starting at 7 AM at the FAN EXPO Priority Entrance to the John Bassett Theatre on Front Street. Doors to the theatre open at 8 AM and seating is limited.

//ARCANUM

How spoilerific are these figures gonna be?

Don't wanna walk by Walmart and see something I don't wanna see.

I've looked through the entire Hasbro catalog and wasn't spoiled on anything. Everything they're releasing you've already seen in trailers and posters etc.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How spoilerific are these figures gonna be?

Don't wanna walk by Walmart and see something I don't wanna see.

I heard the toys are coming in waves, star wars podcast I listened to said Rey and Finn's last names are not even present on their figurines so as to keep up the mystery.

That being said there will obviously be new information, but they have been extremely careful thusfar to hold stuff back, would stand to reason they are not going to ruin that now.

I've looked through the entire Hasbro catalog and wasn't spoiled on anything. Everything they're releasing you've already seen in trailers and posters etc.

I heard the toys are coming in waves, star wars podcast I listened to said Rey and Finn's last names are not even present on their figurines so as to keep up the mystery.

That being said there will obviously be new information, but they have been extremely careful thusfar to hold stuff back, would stand to reason they are not going to ruin that now.

Awesome, thanks guys!

thebeeks

Banned

Holy shit, Micro Machines! My man!

Anyway, I was already taking this Thursday/Friday off for a long Labor Day weekend. I've got a Disney Store, Target, and Toys R Us all within a 5 minute drive of each other, so I might swing by all three to see what's in stock, but I'm not gonna go crazy.

New Black Series figures is all I'm planning on buying for now. I'm not planning on doing the whole midnight thing though.

I'm not planning on it either, but I hope some product is left come Friday or Saturday afternoon. I might want to pick up a thing or two but fans+scalpers might make Force Friday mean basically nothing to me.

Back in the day, there were vast aisles of Star Wars toys. Shopping at Toys R Us was like walking into heaven as a kid. I hope TFA brings this back.

de738f90af41ec56b60dfcbe49847b30.jpg

Gonna try and hit up TRU at midnight, Black Series and a few 3 inch figs, maybe a LEGO set, def need some new Micro Machines so stoked those are back, and i want a POP BB-8 as well
Funko-BB-8.jpg

Tadale

I wouldn't mind getting something Captain Phasma or Kylo Ren related - but I'm not fighting anyone or waiting in a crazy line.

I'm not planning on it either, but I hope some product is left come Friday or Saturday afternoon. I might want to pick up a thing or two but fans+scalpers might make Force Friday mean basically nothing to me.
I'm hoping there'll be less demand here in the UK. There's only five TRU's opening at midnight in the entire country. Unfortunately my local is one of them. Hopefully they'll have plenty of stock.

Gonna try and hit up TRU at midnight, Black Series and a few 3 inch figs, maybe a LEGO set, def need some new Micro Machines so stoked those are back, and i want a POP BB-8 as well
Funko-BB-8.jpg
I might pick up some of these as well. All of the TFA series Pop figures are really neat.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Is Darth Vader in this new movie, cause I see a lot of merch for him?

I'm pretty sure he died in Jedi though.
The classic characters never really go out of circulation. There were Han Solo and Darth Vader figures in the Episode One line, there were Han Solo and Darth Vader figures in the Clone Wars line. They have to maintain a coherent look on shelves, they'll still sell stuff from all over the saga but it's best that everything follows the same theming.

bengraven

Back in the day, there were vast aisles of Star Wars toys. Shopping at Toys R Us was like walking into heaven as a kid. I hope TFA brings this back.

de738f90af41ec56b60dfcbe49847b30.jpg

Our local TRU looks like that, but it's actually just the Droid Carrier. They have literally hundreds and apparently can't send them back (they're $100 a pop) so there's just one huge aisle that's ceiling to floor droid carriers.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Come to Target. We start at 8am
That's what they said about Infinity 3.0 on Sunday. I went into one at noon and they hadn't put anything on the shelf yet. Had a guy check the back for a few particular figures I wanted but he said he only saw Yoda and Obi-Wan. Told me to try back later, stopped in again at 5 and they still hadn't put a damn thing up.
Prequels. :/
Force Awakens ain't a prequel, breh. I'm sure there'll be some OT stuff soon enough, if not immediately.

Top Bottom