• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Main Character Already Hit With Criticism Due to Ubisoft Changing Actress Apperance

Draugoth

Gold Member
Kay Vess is played by Humberly González, a Venezuelan actress. The altering of the apperance of the model is already causing heavily criticism:

eZXlHzf.png

Last edited:
I'm just going to be ignore the obvious political reason for changing her face and ask a serious fucking question from a business standpoint. If you're going to completely make up a character and not use the actor's appearance at all, why are you shelling out money for a legit actress? Why not just hire a working voice actor? Isn't hiring a name actress only to not use her appearance at all just driving up expenses unnecessarily? Isn't Ubisoft one of the many devs/publishers whining about how expensive it is to make AAA games today?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Why did they change her like that?? This is like the definition of what’s wrong with western game development. They take someone beautiful and make the person uglier for literally no logic reason at all.

Time to vote with my wallet. I’ll get it dirt cheap or on Gamepass another year. I still have the whole Jedi saga to go through anyway, plus No Rest for the Wicked, Ghost of Tsushima, Shadow of the Erdtree and nearly 10 games I’m currently playing. No problem keeping the wallet closed here.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Ubisoft games always has weird ass character models. They peaked in ac unity in both model quality and animations, its all downhill from there.

Also the animation quality was really meh for me in the trailer.

Madflavor

It's honestly getting to the point that as long as Korea and Japan keep making beautiful female characters, I genuinely hope the West continues to be an absolute disaster of hilarious proportions when it comes to designing women. For the past few years they have never failed to not make us laugh.

EHx4hpa.jpg

This just doesn't look "ugly" just looks badly made model or badly made in character creation as some kind of joke.

I'm not even asking them make them look"sexy" here, AT VER LEAST make them look decent.
EHx4hpa.jpg

This just doesn't look "ugly" just looks badly made model or badly made in character creation as some kind of joke.

I'm not even asking them make them look"sexy" here, AT VER LEAST make them look decent.

You will have neither

Fredrik

She has the chin but doesnt seem to be nowhere near as proheminent as ingame. Also head shape is different
The still pic is exaggerated going by this video but maybe the chin is slightly longer.
Anyhow, in real life this woman looks good with a motion capture rig on her head but they can’t make her look good in the game. They’ve definitely tried to tone down her beauty. Only western devs does that. It’s really annoying.

Chechack

IN my country,whenever something wrong happen to oneself we usually say "u faceproblem"

This is literally faceproblem lol

Top Bottom