• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

Yarbskoo

DLzUmjeVQAAmZm0.jpg

hmm..

Luke vs. Luuke.

What are you guys going on about? Only Sidious and Dooku used it. Oh and that witch Talzin. These were all notably powerful people. Every other dark sider in canon hasn't been seen using it. Maul, Savage, Ventress, the Inquisitors, and Vader (although that was due to his wounds).

Hence I said Star Wars media, not just the movies. Force lightning was one of the dark side powers of the new millennium, to the point that a GBA game even created a light side equivalent because it just wouldn't be a Star Wars game if you didn't have the option to fry someone with your fingertips it seems.

Current canon is much better about it, yes, but I feel the damage is done in that regard.

Toxi

Banned
Hence I said Star Wars media, not just the movies. Force lightning was one of the dark side powers of the new millennium, to the point that a GBA game even created a light side equivalent because it just wouldn't be a Star Wars game if you didn't have the option to fry someone with your fingertips it seems.

Current canon is much better about it, yes, but I feel the damage is done in that regard.
Yeah, it's kinda groanworthy how universal Sith Lightning became among Dark Side users in the old EU.

Voidwolf

Yeah I'm not including legends in any of these discussions as that got out of hand early on. Dark Forces 2 had Kyle Katarn get Force sensitive out of nowhere and you could run around shooting lightning out of your fingertips while still being a Jedi. And this was before the prequels. Legends was crazy. Lots of good stuff in there too though.

Yeah, it's kinda groanworthy how universal Sith Lightning became among Dark Side users in the old EU.

And Jedi! Luke used some green "light side" lightning during the Swarm War.

Guy.brush

I'm really curious about this too.

That is just marketing names for the different types of PR material/stands you can get for your foyer is my guess.
Red Tower = rebel/light side stand, mainly red color
Black Tower = dark side dudes, mainly black color.
Why Luuke is on both is the mystery.

Slythe

It's a PoP marketing term used to describe the cardboard stand up. Each one is a "tower". Nothing to do with the film.

That is just marketing names for the different types of PR material/stands you can get for your foyer is my guess.
Red Tower = rebel/light side stand, mainly red color
Black Tower = dark side dudes, mainly black color.
Why Luuke is on both is the mystery.

Thanks for clearing up the tower bit. I too am intrigued by his presence on both sides as well.

Luke vs. Luuke.

Wow. If they were going for a light side vs dark side thing here they could have easily used Snoke in the dark tower since he's not exactly a secret but they chose a dark Luke instead hmm. Maybe Luke's curiosity caught up to him and he's battleling himself or rather the dark side managed to manifest itself as a split personality in Luke that he can't control it when it takes over and he's the real culprit in teaching Snoke the dark side or he tried to expell all the bad out of himself so he wouldn't be tempted ever and fucked up his bad was pulled out of him but it formeditself as a dark physical form of Luke. This will probably explain how Vader doesn't have a father he was just created from the force.

Guy.brush

Wow. If they were going for a light side vs dark side thing here they could have easily used Snoke in the dark tower since he's not exactly a secret but they chose a dark Luke instead hmm. Maybe Luke's curiosity caught up to him and he's battleling himself or rather the dark side managed to manifest itself as a split personality in Luke that he can't control it when it takes over and he's the real culprit in teaching Snoke the dark side or he tried to expell all the bad out of himself so he wouldn't be tempted ever and fucked up his bad was pulled out of him but it formeditself as a dark physical form of Luke. This will probably explain how Vader doesn't have a father he was just created from the force.

I really doubt a Dark Luuke as a real manifestation is in the movie.
MAYBE we are getting the equivalent of a BvS Dark Superman nightmare dreamt by Rey or something like that.

BFIB

Catching up on this thread, to go back to the prequel talk, to me, Anakin turning shouldn't have been the focus, it should have been Palpatine focused.

Veelk

Banned
I'm just gonna say it.

The porg is overrated.

It's cute but not that cute. It looks very CGI to me despite apparently being a practical effect. It's really not an element I expect to be that prominent in the film. It's the modern day ewoks, meant to be a thing for the kids who like star wars. Which I don't object to, btw. It's a franchise for all ages.

But I'm not expecting it to be BB-8 levels of endearing in the actual movie

plz dont ban me ghaleon

Tuorom

Neo Member
Nah, lightning is a staple power of the dark side, the ability to wield it signifies great power. It has to show up at some point. I'm much more interested in seeing Kylo wield a myriad of new abilities, Rey and Luke too. But the bad guys have to loose a bolt of lightning here and there.

If they put a new power to the big screen it should be force crush, from Kotor. It shows great power, and would add a punctuation to a battle with Kylo vs some important figure that he makes a ball out of.

And that would be cool to see Rey go with a double bladed saber. It would fit with her staff affinity.

Top Bottom