• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

I feel like a lot was spoiled. I've seen enough entertainment to piece things together so boy do I hope it was misleading because right now I regret watching this trailer.

-Hearing the full blast reprise of Jedi Steps gave me feelings.

-Was that the not-Ahsoka wolf Filoni has been teasing?

-Finn vs Phasma is going to be amazing

-That Porg looks like BB8.

-What's that metal shit in Kylo's scar?

d196d81624748c78bc4cbb7b6e93d489.jpg

What about Leia?

Also, my boy about to make that shit happen.

ViciousDS

Banned
What's that line on Kylos face lol, it looks like a strip of carbon fiber glued......was hard to see on my phone love. Maybe there is a better closeup of it

Number_6

Fuuuuuck, Mark Hamill is bringing it.

I cannot wait.

Also, not going to make too many assumptions on certain things based on a trailer, but still, that ending was troubling.

Maybe no more Light Side/Dark Side? Maybe just some cool raw folks with the Force? Off to watch again!

I was so invested in everything else I totally didn’t see the sequence of Finn and Phasma facing off.

Rian, god yes. This is going to be amazing.

cdyhybrid

Guessing Snoke trying to tempt Rey to the Dark Side will be the big plot arc.

Finn fighting Phasma will be hype.

Luke is watching a train derailing that he's seen before and is traumatized.

I bet a lot of this trailer ends up being misleading; some of the shots people are reading as being from the same scenes could actually be from different ones

Icolin

Banned
That new animal dude's scenes are gonna be straight basura

I mean I guess I thought the same about BB-8 but the whole design of this thing is offputting

Surfinn

Yo

In the final shot, Rey is in a different place. Look at the background. There are no smoke and embers.

Flashes to Kylo

Completely different behind him

Bernbaum

Trusting nothing about the editing of the trailer:

Kylo to Leia cut. Rey to Kylo cut.

Snoke looks good. I think Chewie was CG in the shot with the porg.

rokkerkory

the shot of kylo and rey is prob at the end of the movie?

kylo's face healed by then?

I think kylo turns good at the end of movie

*Rey joins Kylo*
*luke goes 1 vs 2 against them*
*takes them both down easily*

"Well R2, we truly are Star Wars The Last Jedi"

Credits

chefbags

I imagine this thread will be on page 100+ in a few hours as all star wars trailers do lol.

Either way I'm so in y'all. Sooo IN!

watershed

Banned
Carrie Fisher's acting already looks better than in TFA. I hope this movie serves as a fitting send off for her and Leia. The drama looks really good all around.

You can SEE where the plot had to change because of Carrie Fisher's unfortunate death.

Would love to someday hear what the original plan was going to be.
Ehhhh if I’m guessing that they know that’s the expectation but they won’t actually do that here.

They said her passing didn’t affect this movie so I think whatever they do with her will be put off till the next episode but who knows. Doing that though would probably be the cleanest way to make the break but it would also truncate whatever role she had here, but then again if we are being real that’s already happened.

Top Bottom