• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

TheXbox

Lol at people thinking kylo gets redeemed. He’s about to wamprat his mom. Rey keeps getting forceblocked by luke so she may go off without him like LUKE did foolishly from dagobah
Leia doesn't die in this film. That's the reason LFL have agonized over IX's script for months and months.

Kylo Ren can't kill his mother, you guys. He's on that Zuko path. I WILL BE VINDICATED.

jett

D-Member
As someone who doesn't care a lot about spoilers for this movie, I thought that showed a lot. I imagine people will be able to piece the entire thing from it any moment. :p

GLakGTb.png
This thing tho

Drayco21

Yo

In the final shot, Rey is in a different place. Look at the background. There are no smoke and embers.

Flashes to Kylo

Completely different behind him

Yeah, I'm guessing she's talking to Luke still and the Kylo scene is from the destruction of the academy, like someone said earlier in the thread- it's definitely just for marketing misdirection.

Meowster

What is it in the trailer that makes some people think Luke is a villain?

He's clearly broken from his failures but there's zero reason to think he's in league with Snoke or somehow has gone dark.
He looked more absolutely terrified than anything. He’s clearly afraid that Rey is going to end up like Kylo.. how anyone thinks that is him being a villain though.. lmao.

My guess:

Snoke is talking to Rey in the beginning.
Kylo can't gun down his mom and starts heading back to the light.
Luke turns his back on training Rey.
Rey/Ben join forces to fight Snoke.
Rey gets captured by Snoke.
Ben has to go to Luke and convince him to save Rey.

Farsi

As someone who doesn't care a lot about spoilers for this movie, I thought that showed a lot. I imagine people will be able to piece the entire thing from it any moment. :p

I think it's pretty clear misdirection. There's no way Rey is talking to Kylo in that last shot.

"When I found youn I saw raw untamed power. And beyond that.. something truly special.."

What!!!!? What is soecial about him!? Gahhh!

There is probably a 98 percent change those two shots at the end of the trailer are different but man the effect works well.

And the score is amazing.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
What is it in the trailer that makes some people think Luke is a villain?

He's clearly broken from his failures but there's zero reason to think he's in league with Snoke or somehow has gone dark.

Same thing that makes them think Rey is going dark side. People are easily manipulated and fooled by good editing.

Soma

I'm over here gasping and making weird faces on my train ride in front of people during the trailer whatevs that was hype!

Jarmel

Banned
You can tell a lot of the trailer is bullshit and misdirection. People guessing from this are going to be off.

Holy shit there’s so munch misdirection going on:

Poe on bad side for poster
Finn walking with imperials
Kylo freezing to shoot
Rey joining with Kylo
Luke saying Jedi need to end (old trailer)

Betty

Banned
Oh god, this would be absolutely stupid and terrible

Complete betrayal of the first movie's arc

Only arc involving Rey in the first film is trying to find out where she comes from.

Kylo finding redemption after falling so far in 7 would be a pretty good continuation of an arc.

just saying

Robot Pants

I mean my GOD!
Kdkshsbskkshas
I hated the force awakens but was still optimistic this one would be good and it looks like they are doing everything right.
Fuckin Kylo Ren about to be the best character star wars ever had

Top Bottom