• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Coolio OT Billy!

But why did you invert the trailer order? Should be Deceived, then Hope, then Return.

Moaradin

cd42fc655f44e7d7bbec0af279ce6cc3.jpg

Coolio OT Billy!

But why did you invert the trailer order? Should be Deceived, then Hope, then Return.

The cinematics were released in reverse order. The actual timeline is Return, Hope, then Deceived.

Fonds

Nice, great job on the OT!

I'm really curious about my early acces. I should get the full 7 days... but you never know :/

Zinga

Banned
That tattoo is pretty sad really.

Why is it? this guy (Dr Zeschuk) and his employees at Bioware have spent millions of man hours and years of their lives trying to make this moment happen, if anything I think it's a noble reason to get a tattoo.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why is it? this guy (Dr Zeschuk) and his employees at Bioware have spent millions of man hours and years of their lives trying to make this moment happen, if anything I think it's a noble reason to get a tattoo.
I don't think he realized that guy is one of the co-founders of Bioware.

J-Rzez

Oh early access how you taunt me. I know I won't get in the first 2-days most likely. That's my punishment for dismissing the game since BioWare made it, and waited to see how it played via a beta weekend. Oh well, at least I have B2K to hold me over!

Big Chungus

What's the size of the game folder?

My preload stopped and i'm not sure if it finished completely.

The folder size for me is 18.4gb.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I hardly doubt the tattoo artist cares who the guy is, along as he gets paid at the end.
Who said anything about the tattoo artist? I was referring to Neo 007's comment. I guess I should start using the multi-quote thingie.

What's the size of the game folder?

My preload stopped and i'm not sure if it finished completely.

The folder size for me is 18.4gb.
Sounds about right. If you're not sure, you can always try the Repair button in the Options to do a file rescan.

Smugglers are not really rebellion necessarily, are they? Needs neutral factions.

Also, I am very disappointed I can't put points into both slicing and shooting.
*doesn't play MMOs; please ignore*

In all seriousness, I hope this turns out well. I guess. Though if it does, that means more MMOs and not KotOR3 :/

But I just love Past Bioware's take on the SW universe so much that I want the game to do well despite the MMO turn.

Can anyone confirm that the only way to get Augments is through Slicing?

I've been perusing Torhead and other sites and it seems Slicing is the only thing connected to them so far.

syoaran

To avoid a hype overload and a depressing day off work I should have in the next three to four hours:

1x early access email
1x Collectors edition on my doorstep

Queue apprehension!

zychi

Banned
Is there any rhyme ot reason to who gets early access? I pteordered the ce and activated the code in origin as soon as i was able to in the summer.

Thoraxes

Is there any rhyme ot reason to who gets early access? I pteordered the ce and activated the code in origin as soon as i was able to in the summer.

7 days.
The earlier you registed your code in the register early access code on the swtor.com site, the earlier you get in.
Bioware has not said what dates qualify for what, only that hundreds of thousands will get in daily leading up to launch.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So the early access apparently goes out in 3 hours? 7AM EST? Wow, can't believe it's finally here.

Whoah, nice OT dude. I'll probably jump in for a free trial to have a bit of a gander, though I doubt I have the patience or dedication for MMOs these days.

syoaran

Urgh, I hope this is a joke that GAME and Parcelforce are pulling together. Got a shipped email on Sunday (so naturally it should arrive today). Put in my tracking code:

Express 24
Parcels advised:1
Parcels collected: 0
Parcels delivered:0

Not cool, not cool at all.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Man what a great and concise OT. Thank you for that since I don't know that much about this game.

Xavien

Got a shipping notification from shopto (strange that shopto . net is a banned site?) today, guess i don't have to worry about the grace period ;)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh, so I have to wait for a head start email? Sucks. I've entered my hour about an hour after it was possible... :<

Kem0sabe

I respect that, still... the tattoo looks horrible :|

I think the far most important question here is; where will the russians play?

This. Damned Russians ruin every MMO they decide to show up on. Bioware should really have launched a couple of russian language servers.

Yaska

Can't wait. I need my damn email already. Listening to good music doesn't help the time pass faster.

Also good work on the OT.

I thought that guy with the tattoo was an Ep I-III Obiwan lookalike or something for a second until I realized it was Greg Zeschuk. Nice beard.

So for those in Beta who played Sentinel.. how was it?

DPS pretty good? Looking for a bursty dps..

I feel Sage may be a bit too boring just spamming 3-4 skills over and over again and was thinking Sentinel may be more fun. Assassin feels too reliant on Stealth and a bit squishy so was also opposed to that..

I've seen some videos of the Sent and they feel like they dump out a consistent amount of dmg but nothing bursty or big numbers so this is why I'm asking.

Salamndar

Any one received a Cancellation email from EA ?

I did receive one early this morning and after googling this issue, seems too many people received this email too, most of them are not in North America!

Jarmel

Banned
So for those in Beta who played Sentinel.. how was it?

DPS pretty good? Looking for a bursty dps..

I feel Sage may be a bit too boring just spamming 3-4 skills over and over again and was thinking Sentinel may be more fun. Assassin feels too reliant on Stealth and a bit squishy so was also opposed to that..

I've seen some videos of the Sent and they feel like they dump out a consistent amount of dmg but nothing bursty or big numbers so this is why I'm asking.

Sentinel is probably the weakest of the DPS advanced classes.

Top Bottom