• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Moaradin

So for those in Beta who played Sentinel.. how was it?

DPS pretty good? Looking for a bursty dps..

I feel Sage may be a bit too boring just spamming 3-4 skills over and over again and was thinking Sentinel may be more fun. Assassin feels too reliant on Stealth and a bit squishy so was also opposed to that..

I've seen some videos of the Sent and they feel like they dump out a consistent amount of dmg but nothing bursty or big numbers so this is why I'm asking.

Jedi Guardian is pretty bursty.

Fonds

I feel Sage may be a bit too boring just spamming 3-4 skills over and over again and was thinking Sentinel may be more fun. Assassin feels too reliant on Stealth and a bit squishy so was also opposed to that..

I've seen some videos of the Sent and they feel like they dump out a consistent amount of dmg but nothing bursty or big numbers so this is why I'm asking.

I played sentinel during the beta and it was good fun. Like you said you can dish out a pretty constant amount of DPS but nothing bursty. I did only get to play to level 16 or something so it might change toward endgame.
As far as I could tell there are two trees, one with dots and the other tends to go toward burst DPS.

It felt a lot like playing a Warrior in WoW with the charging, thunderclap looking move, and reactionary moves. You charge in and do a move to build up focus and you can do other stronger moves to use that focus. You also have some moves that activate after you parry or something. It was pretty fun to jump into every fight like that. Their starting story is kind of lame in some parts though. It's some crap about a green Twilek village and ugly mutants with hammerhead shark heads. It gets better once you get off Tython.

cd42fc655f44e7d7bbec0af279ce6cc3.jpg

Dr. Greg should be on Sons of Anarchy doing something completely contrived that only gets resolved in the last episode.

Stuart444

Got a shipped message from shopto today so should get the box tomorrow.

I'll be a Jedi Guardian, didn't get far in the beta weekend so might as well try being a JG again.

Giolon

Not as well. Sentinel throughout the beta got the shit end of the DPS stick.

They got a lot of buffs on the last couple builds b/c Bioware knew they needed work. They're a lot better now, so I'm told by experienced folks.

Jarmel

Banned
They got a lot of buffs on the last couple builds b/c Bioware knew they needed work. They're a lot better now, so I'm told by experienced folks.

They really only hit their stride in the low 40s. They're still not that great in the 20/30s range but they are better than how god awful they were in the summer.

Interesting.. thanks!

Pretty cool how even a Jedi can look like he is falling into the Dark Side.. Though who would want him around if that was the case? haha..

Wish Jedi's changed appearances as they went to the Light Side (even though that makes no sense)

Yeah, lol.

This stupid shit should happen to you:

Fable2heroG.png

Salamndar

OK, I just was chatting with EA customer support and he informed me that my order has been indeed cancelled and advised me to reorder which I refused.

Last time I order an EA product.

EA FUCK YOU !

That always bugged me about Star Wars. If the force needs balance between light and dark then shouldn't living beings start out somewhere in between? Why is it taken for granted that the default alignment of creatures is light?

Yeah, lol.

This stupid shit should happen to you:

I recall BW saying they were going to implement something.. whether it was an aura or something.. I dont recall. I think they said it initially looked cheesy so they were just looking into other things.

Would be nice if it was something subtle like our Lightsabers glowing more or something

Zinga

Banned
Unofficial Australian PvE server: The Harbinger or The Jekk Jekk Tarr
Unofficial Australian PvP Server: The Swiftsure

Vlodril

Its the same for me. I think its about the code you get with the game (or they send you if you went origin). Not for the early access.

Vlodril

Why aren't there European servers available. I hope to god bioware don't fuck this up..

some of them are up. if only us gets in today i will rage hard.

aranth

All servers listed as N/A timezone are probably the euro servers. My guild landed on Scepter of Ragnos (EU-PVP), and there it is on the list as N/A.

Thoraxes

Thank goodness for the app for the authenticator. Doing this was one thing Blizzard got very right, and i'm glad to see Bioware doing the same. I really didn't want to have to go buy one, so this is great news all around.

TekDragon

Banned
Its the same for me. I think its about the code you get with the game (or they send you if you went origin). Not for the early access.

When I go to Origin and hit Product Details and get a "Product Code", it's not letting me put that into the site. It tells me "This code has already been activated".

What, exactly, am I supposed to be plugging in there?

Top Bottom